Surgery tomorrow @ 11

Sal7864
Sal7864 Member Posts: 52

I got moved up from 1 P.M. Nervous as hell about it. Hope all he has to take is just the bad part. He thinks that is what he will be able to do.

Sal 

Comments

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    edited December 2017 #2
    All the best! It'll be over

All the best! It'll be over before you know it. May it be boring and uneventful.

• Bay Area Guy
    Bay Area Guy Member Posts: 618 Member
    Best wishes for a successful

Best wishes for a successful procedure and a swift recovery!

• stevez
    stevez Member Posts: 51
    Best Wishes!

I'm right behind you on Thursday.  Good luck!

• Sal7864
    stevez said:

Best Wishes!

I'm right behind you on Thursday.  Good luck!

Good luck sir and thanks all!

Good luck sir and thanks all!

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    Wishing

Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending prayers  :)

• Cybball
    Cybball Member Posts: 111
    In a weird way, I'm envious

In a weird way, I'm envious that you are having yours tomorrow.  I meet my urologist Thurs and will hopefully get a date scheduled.  You will do awesome!  Keep us posted once you are able and wanting to type.  

• Retcenturion
    Retcenturion Member Posts: 240 Member
    You'll be in good hands

Good luck on your sugery. Your given the meds and you wake up in the hands of skilled professionals that will help you recover. I feel that my loved ones had it worse on day of surgery. Positive thoughts for you and your family tomorrow.

• Hoss79
    Hoss79 Member Posts: 78 Member
    Good luck and keep us posted.
    Good luck and keep us posted. Listen to the Drs and take it easy.
  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Here's to

boring and uneventful

Icemantoo

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    Please don’t be nervous

if I can do etc etc

Plus this time next week you will back at home all done and on the way to a a new you

Good Luck

Annie

• Gtngbtr58 @aol.com
    Gtngbtr58 @aol.com Member Posts: 206 Member
    Good luck

I found the surgery and ecovery the easy part-the anxiety after is the worst for me-good luck all around

• Steve.Adam
    Steve.Adam Member Posts: 463 Member
    edited December 2017 #13
    Good luck Sal

See you in recovery!

• Yankee2012
    Yankee2012 Member Posts: 6
    You got this!!!

No worries!!! You're in good hands. It will be over before you know it and you will start the healing process....physically and mentally. As hard as you may think it will be, you will have moments but know that you are climbing that hill back to YOU!!! 

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Best wishes Sal

for an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery.

God Bless,

Donna~

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    I hope everything is going

I hope everything is going well and you have a smooth recovery!!! You did it!!! Now on to healing!!

• Sal7864
    Surgery was a sucess!

Dr said that he got it all and was able to save the kidney I am home now but very sore but that should heal up over time just glad he was able to get it and we'll see how the follow-up goes for the pathology and January 8th

For the males in the group when you had the catheter taken out did you have an issue with it hurting to go for a little while in the stream not being as strong afterwards? I can tell you it was painful and it took it out ouch

Thanks again for all the good thoughts and prayers

Sal

• Tapman63
    Tapman63 Member Posts: 137 Member
    Sal7864 said:

Surgery was a sucess!

Dr said that he got it all and was able to save the kidney I am home now but very sore but that should heal up over time just glad he was able to get it and we'll see how the follow-up goes for the pathology and January 8th

For the males in the group when you had the catheter taken out did you have an issue with it hurting to go for a little while in the stream not being as strong afterwards? I can tell you it was painful and it took it out ouch

Sal

AWESOME!  Congrats and Merry

AWESOME!  Congrats and Merry Christmas!!

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    edited December 2017 #19
    Thank Goddddddd

You are post op and ok

wass sor worried about you

at last it is gone and so pleased it went well

take your time

Rest rest and when you have done that rest some more

dont worry about anything else for now  ( other than any post op issues you have of course)

just focus on healing and recovering

Annie

• stevez
    stevez Member Posts: 51
    Sal7864 said:

Surgery was a sucess!

Sal

Yes!

I am sore too and the catheter did cause me a little distress and "slow going" for a little while.  Can't speak for any others and/or if it's normal or not.  I hate those damn things and had to have one put in once while I was awake.  That caused me greater distress.  I'm two days post-op now and things are back to normal for me in that regard.  Congratulations on your surgery and the results.  Like you I'm waiting for my pathology report on the 2nd of January.  Merry Christmas!

• Cybball
    Cybball Member Posts: 111
    Glad to hear it went well.

Glad to hear it went well.  Really happy for you.  Rest up and hear!