Home Now

2»

Comments

• Angie1496
    Angie1496 Member Posts: 154
    AnnissaP said:

Laughing

Holy sh*tballs!!! Laughing is so painful. How do you not laugh though when something is soooo funny? Everytime you think about it you crack up. Man is it hard!!!! Lol. I hope I never sneeze :-o

Two days after my surgery I

Two days after my surgery I felt a sneeze coming on... I went into full panic mode!!! I think God stepped in and made it stopped because it passed but MAN was I freaking out!!!  You are right laughing is painful!!

• Supersum
    Supersum Member Posts: 109 Member
    Hope things are going well

Hello Annissa how are things going have you been going on any walks outside yet?

• love_of_my_life
    love_of_my_life Member Posts: 77
    Hope you get well soon!

Hope this recovery period is short and you are back on your feet in no time!

• Rockspin
    Rockspin Member Posts: 77
    Glad you're home and now are

Glad you're home and now are on the mend also thanks for the update. I had my right kidney out on September and the pain meds made me sick so I stopped taking them it helped. To DSmith 23 good luck to you. Hope all goes smoothly and that you're on the mend soon.

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    edited November 2017 #26
    Hi all!! Sorry I disappeared,

Hi all!! Sorry I disappeared, but have been back to the hospital since Sunday. I was really weak and light headed. Passed out on Sat so ended up in this lovely place again lol. I was dehydrated. They did a thousand tests and everything is fine! I have been walking and feel back to life today. I should after having around 8 bags of IV fluid lol. Thank you for all of the comments and well-wishes! Will any of this ever seem real? For some reason I feel a bit anxious to get the results. Already had a shocker finding all of this out so who is to say another shock isn't in store?? Ugh...I hope it is a "good" shock xoxo.

• randyradiohill
    randyradiohill Member Posts: 68 Member
    edited November 2017 #27
    I know the feeling

I know that anxious feeling very well.  My path report wasn't what I expected and it threw me for a loop.  You'll feel much better once you get the report and know what you'll be dealing with.  Make sure you drink lots of water and eat something even though you're probably no hungry.  I lived on chicken noodle soup and scrambled eggs for the first week out of the hospital.  It was 2 weeks before I even felt I could eat anything at all.  Get lots of rest...Ill keep you in my prayers.

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    AnnissaP said:

Hi all!! Sorry I disappeared,

Hi all!! Sorry I disappeared, but have been back to the hospital since Sunday. I was really weak and light headed. Passed out on Sat so ended up in this lovely place again lol. I was dehydrated. They did a thousand tests and everything is fine! I have been walking and feel back to life today. I should after having around 8 bags of IV fluid lol. Thank you for all of the comments and well-wishes! Will any of this ever seem real? For some reason I feel a bit anxious to get the results. Already had a shocker finding all of this out so who is to say another shock isn't in store?? Ugh...I hope it is a "good" shock xoxo.

Hang In

Great to know all well except your slight diversion

Terrible ordeal waiting on the report

Hope it is not too much longer

Keeping it postitive

• AnnissaP
    Thanks! It is hard to drink

Thanks! It is hard to drink so much when I am used to being dehydrated my whole life ahahaha. So important though. I cannot remember if you posted your results but I hope everything is ok!

• randyradiohill
    randyradiohill Member Posts: 68 Member
    AnnissaP said:

Thanks! It is hard to drink

Thanks! It is hard to drink so much when I am used to being dehydrated my whole life ahahaha. So important though. I cannot remember if you posted your results but I hope everything is ok!

Not as good

My path report wasn't as good as we'd hoped.  The tumor had broken containment and was starting into the renal vien.  It diagnosed as a T3a...The good news is the margins were negative as was the fatty tissue around the tumor and nothing in the lymph nodes.  My surgeon is optimistic, but I'm still a little anxious.  I had my sit down meeting  with him yesterday and he showed me a study from Sloan-Kettering in New York which puts recurrance at 8%.  Hope your's is better.

• AnnissaP

Not as good

My path report wasn't as good as we'd hoped.  The tumor had broken containment and was starting into the renal vien.  It diagnosed as a T3a...The good news is the margins were negative as was the fatty tissue around the tumor and nothing in the lymph nodes.  My surgeon is optimistic, but I'm still a little anxious.  I had my sit down meeting  with him yesterday and he showed me a study from Sloan-Kettering in New York which puts recurrance at 8%.  Hope your's is better.

Sorry to hear that! It does

Sorry to hear that! It does sound positive though (easy for me to say). Sounds like they got it just in time. Although it broke containment, everything was clear. Also, 92% chance of never coming back!!!!!! I should have my results on Nov. 28th.