Abbycat2 checking in

Abbycat2
Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your e-mails to me regarding your concern for my welfare. I want you to know how much that means to me! Though I may not come here often, all of you precious women are never far from my thoughts and my heart. I just got back from a cruise with family and had a wonderful time. I will be retiring shortly after I reach age 65 in November. If cancer taught me anything it was to live fully now and not wait until tomorrow to enjoy life. I continue to thrive with no evidence of a recurrence.

I wish that was true for some of you. 

For those “newby’s” who don’t know me, I was diagnosed on 10/14/13- four years ago - with Uterine Papillary Serus Carcinoma or UPSC, stage 3a. I had a hysterectomy, oopherectomy, pelvic wash and 14 lymph nodes were removed. My cancer had metastasized to my left Fallopian tube to my left ovary, to the outside section of my ovary (had a tumor) and into my peritoneal cavity. That means, cancer cells were found in my pelvic wash. I had the standard 6 rounds of Taxol and Carboplatin and no radiation (as my margins were clean and my cancer was found high up in the uterus and not near my vaginal cuff). A Ca 125 assay test was not done until after my surgery. It continues to be around 9 or 10.

I have no idea why I continue to do well but I am grateful. I eat lots of fruits and veggies and swim 30 to 40 miles each month. Everything I have read about cancer stresses the importance of exercise so maybe that is why I am doing so well. I wish I knew.

Stay strong and keep up the fight.

With love and hugs, 

Cathy

Comments

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Great to hear you are doing

Great to hear you are doing so well! Continue to enjoy life!

• ckdgedmom
    ckdgedmom Member Posts: 166 Member
    Thank you for giving us hope

Hi Abbycat2...

I am new here and also have USPC...I've done the 6 rounds of taxol/carboplatin but I did have to have radiation and brachytherapy. I have cancer in two lymph glands in my neck so I am currently undergoing radiation for that.

Thanks for the word on exercise. I try to practice yoga or spin every day. it's good to hear that it helps...for me it helps me emotionally as much as physically.

wonderful to hear of someone doing so well with USPC...I hope to be a success story just like you...

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    I love hearing from you,

I love hearing from you, Cathy!  You give all of us hope that this disease is beatable!  Best wishes for many, many more years of NED.

Love,

Eldri

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    edited October 2017 #5
    So glad to hear from You and

So glad to hear from You and good to know that you are still doing good.  Have a happy retirement

Hugs and Prayers, Lou Ann

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,352 Member
    Cathy, SO good to hear from

Cathy, SO good to hear from you!  Glad you coninue to be well and are enjoying yourself.  

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Good news

Really good to have you check in, Cathy.  So happy to hear such good news.  Keep on keeping on. . .

Suzanne

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    Hi, Cathy

I really appreciate the update. Congrats on your anticipated retirement. 

• rcdeman
    rcdeman Member Posts: 263 Member
    Thanks so much for the update

Thanks so much for the update! Glad you are doing well! Gives us all hope!

So happy that you get to retire soon. I hope you can enjoy all that free time with your family and friends.

Wishing you the best!
    Rebecca

• hopeful56
    hopeful56 Member Posts: 73
    Wish you all the best and

Wish you all the best and continue in great health.  Good luck in your upcoming retirement.

• ncg007
    ncg007 Member Posts: 138 Member
    Great update....keep thriving

Great update....keep thriving!

• namedropper
    namedropper Member Posts: 102 Member
    Great News

Hi, I am soooooo happy for you. Enjoy.

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    edited November 2017 #13
    Thank you for all your support!

I can’t thank you all enough for your support. Just saw my gyn oncologist last Thursday and all is well. Ca 125 is currently 9. ckdgedmom, continue to have hope that your treatment is successful. I don’t know how I would’ve survived these last 4 years without hope. I have been thinking a lot about this experience and how for years I felt that my life had become surreal because of the serious nature of my cancer. Definitely it was a “new normal”. It seems now that my life has returned to what it was before cancer- just normal. I recently went to the local American Cancer Society in  Vero Beach, FL , to return my wigs and to thank them, particularly Terri who helped me pick out the wigs before my chemo started. I choked up while thanking her which served as a reminder of how traumatic this cancer experience has been for me.

Warm Wishes,

Cathy