Finally surgery date

Trucker1
Trucker1 Member Posts: 82

Here we go...11/14/17. I will be having an open partial Neph. MY mass is small but in a tough location in the middle of my kidney and they cannot get to it with laprosocip so the surgeon will have to use his hands..I guess i will lose a rib as well so I have been told..I'm anxious about the surgery and recovery of the open nep but excited to get it out of me.. I hope no funny business going on in there and he can save a big portion of my kidney!!! 

You all have been my go to since August and I thank you all for your stories and experiences and I will share mine for the next unfortunate newbie that joins our club!!!

Prayer's and good luck needed ---send them my way!!!!!

Comments

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    edited October 2017 #2
    You got it

Praying and sending you all the luck in the world

It will be tougher than the other way but you will have it over and done  and on the road back to health

Keep Calm

Annie

• Optimisticgirl
    Optimisticgirl Member Posts: 82 Member
    Best Wishes

on an uneventful surgery and recovery!  Will be thinking of you and sending blessings your way. Keep us updated!

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    Absolutely will be thinking

Absolutely will be thinking of you!!!! Will be a huge relief once they remove it, I am sure!! Seems a few of us have surgeries coming up soon. I wish you all the best!!

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    I had an open partial and it

I had an open partial and it was much less painful than I had feared. But I did not have to have a rib removed so I imagine if that's the case wtih you it may be a bit more painful. Hopefully they can do it with the rib left in peace. Otherwise it's really not as bad as our imagination may make it out to be. I won't say it's a piece of cake but definitely manageable. Try to get up and walk as soon as they feel you should and drink lots of water. Also make sure they give you a spirometer or something like that for breathing. I used it religiously both before and after surgery to build up my lung capacity and keep lungs clear. I was home on the third day and hopefully you will be too. All the best to you!

• Rockspin
    Rockspin Member Posts: 77
    Good luck I wish you an

Good luck I wish you an eneventful surgery and a quick recovery.

• BoondockSaint
    BoondockSaint Member Posts: 242 Member
    edited October 2017 #7
    Just echoing what others have

Just echoing what others have said. time to get that nasty little joker out and get on with living life.

Keep us posted.

• tango xray
    tango xray Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2017 #8
    Hoping

your surgery goes well and that your recovery is quick! 

• Mighty Frog
    Mighty Frog Member Posts: 152 Member
    All the Best to U

Wish you all the best and uneventful surgery.....

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Right around the corner

11/14 will be here before you know it.  Try to find peace in knowing that soon this will be behind you. 

Take care,

Stub

• randyradiohill
    randyradiohill Member Posts: 68 Member
    Thinking of you

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers Trucker.  You'll do fine, just get lots of rest and try to keep yourself distracted until the day.

• tango xray
    tango xray Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2017 #12
    Trucker

you got this!!!!

I am hoping you cruise through this surgery and that your recovery is speedy!!

I will keep you in my thiughts and prayers.

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Prayers & Good luck coming your way

Please keep us posted too.  Hopefully they'll get in there with a quickness & accuracy to grab that little trouble maker and get the heck out so you can recover and regain your health.

Best wishes,

Donna~