Atypical report

Hi,

I've had uterine cancer in 2014 had everything removed even the lymphnodes removed. Haven't had insurance so finally I was able to get a Pap smear and came back atypical cells. So I have to wait until September 13 to find out what this met! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gale

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,360 Member
    edited September 2017 #2
    Gale, I am not a doctor so I

Gale, I am not a doctor so I am sorry I cannot really help you.  Can you share with us what kind of Uterine cancer you had?  Did you have any treatment at the time?  Once you find out more about what is going on, and if it is serious, be sure to work with a gynecologic oncologist.  Please come back and let us know.

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited September 2017 #3
    Gale, stay positive

i was treated in 2012 and had several atypical paps afterwards. I remain NED. 

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    Don't jump to conclusions

I've had atypical cells on my paps since frontline and my gyn-onc isn't getting excited about them. Says they're not uncommon after radiation, but I don't know if they're a given indefinitely or are supposed to clear up after time. It would be an interesting question to get answered.

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited September 2017 #5
    Pap

my last one was normal

• Mgs57
    Mgs57 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2017 #6

Gale, I am not a doctor so I

Gale, I am not a doctor so I am sorry I cannot really help you.  Can you share with us what kind of Uterine cancer you had?  Did you have any treatment at the time?  Once you find out more about what is going on, and if it is serious, be sure to work with a gynecologic oncologist.  Please come back and let us know.

Yes, I had endrometrial

Yes, I had endrometrial cancer had 5 rounds of radiation. Completetly everything taken out even lymphnoes.

• Mgs57
    MAbound said:

Don't jump to conclusions

I've had atypical cells on my paps since frontline and my gyn-onc isn't getting excited about them. Says they're not uncommon after radiation, but I don't know if they're a given indefinitely or are supposed to clear up after time. It would be an interesting question to get answered.

Thank you thoug hard not to

Thank you thoug hard not to think bad after already having cancer and runs in the family different types. But thank you.

• Mgs57
    edited September 2017 #8
    ConnieSW said:

Gale, stay positive

i was treated in 2012 and had several atypical paps afterwards. I remain NED. 

Thank you.

Thank you.

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Paps

Gale:

I also have endometrial adenocarcinoma. - Diagnosed in 2005 - In July of 2014 - I had two atypical PAPS, both ASCUS, so they check for HPV virus.  The second PAP was positive for the high risk HPV virus.   None of my gyne/oncs seemed concerned about this.   Further, my newest gyne/onc doesn't even do PAPs even though my last PAP was atypical and HPV positve.  That was the last PAP I have had since then.   I also had an atypical PAP about a year after I had brachythereapy.  My radiation/oncologist indicated that this can be a normal result once you have had radiation/brachytherapy.

Let us know how it goes.   Hugs

Kathy