How valuable was this thread to you?

Old Salt
Old Salt Member Posts: 1,284 Member

Maybe I am just a grumpy old man, but this recent add-on (at the bottom of a first post) adds no value at all to our discussions. Just my opinion, of course.

Any other opinions out there?

PS: I do wish that the software that runs the forum would be improved, but the powers that be at the ACS have heard that before.

Comments

• airborne72
    airborne72 Member Posts: 296 Member
    Yes

Yes, I am also a grumpy old man with several opinions and I agree with you about the tag.

It is their forum therefore they can data collect and profile as they wish, but it is distractive and may cause someone to not originate a post for fear of dislike or low value rating.

Jim

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member
    Very Valuable if a due search engine could find it

For me any change done on the forum's software is good if it addresses and eliminates the problem in finding such a "Valuable Thread". No matter how much the administrators try to impress with changes in the software they simple do not listen to the people using the forum. Why should anyone vote on this newer feature if that "valuable thread" wouldn't be found latter. Where is the search engine that can track down those threads and the poster? According to the site's counting feature, I have posted up to the date 2430 times but cannot find them.

I wonder if this newer feature has any commercial intent.

VG

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    Exactly

Old Salt,

I wrote something identical to your observation at Lymphoma last week. I find the "Stars" feature gimicky and of no worth.  And it only refers to the thread as a whole, so it has no specificity about it at all. I hope the feature is discontinued,

max

• Grinder
    Grinder Member Posts: 487 Member
    edited August 2017 #5
    Rating

How valuable was this new gimmick to you?:

[] Pointless

[] Suspect

[] Irrelevant

[] Ignored it completely

Laughing

• Old Salt

Exactly

Old Salt,

I wrote something identical to your observation at Lymphoma last week. I find the "Stars" feature gimicky and of no worth.  And it only refers to the thread as a whole, so it has no specificity about it at all. I hope the feature is discontinued,

max

Thanks Max

I took a look at the lymphoma site and the reactions there are (a bit) more outspoken...

I do wish the ACS staff would pay some attention to these forums, but I don't know how to reach them.

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    Grinder said:

Rating

How valuable was this new gimmick to you?:

[] Pointless

[] Suspect

[] Irrelevant

[] Ignored it completely

Laughing

Love it !

Love it, Grinder !

How about, "All of the Above"

• Grinder
    Right!

You're right, how could I miss that? 

• Old Salt
    edited August 2017 #9
    Gone!

The feature that we all hated has been removed! 

Thanks ACS for listening.

• Grinder
    Good

Yes, thanks forum admin for responding. Kudos.