Requesting Opinion from Experienced People

akhlak
akhlak Member Posts: 6
edited June 2017 in Prostate Cancer #1

Dear Sir,

I am Mohammad Asaduzzaman from Bangladesh. I am 45 years old.

I am writing about my prostate cancer condition and requesting the opinion from experienced people.

I had to take urological consultation in last year, August 2016. Then my PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) level was 7.1 ng/ml.

I had been taking antibiotic medicine according to the doctor and after four months checking my PSA again and it was 4.1 ng/ml. 

Thereafter I had been leading my normal life. And on February 24, 2017, I checked my PSA level found 6.83 ng/ml.

Thereafter I had been leading my normal life. And on February 24, 2017, I checked my PSA level found 6.83 ng/ml and Gleason’s Grade 3+3=6/10 by biopsy test.

Lastly, I took consultation from an Indian doctor and he suggested me to take Hormone Therapy (Zoladex Injection) monthly (3 Month) and Calutide tablets 50mg per day without any surgery. Already I have taken two injections.

On June 17, 2017, again I have checked my PSA found 1.37 ng/ml.

Is it the right way to save me from spreading cancer cell? And What Should I do now? Is it needed to undergo surgery early?

Kind Regards,

Asaduzzaman Lipton 

Comments

• Weird Harold
    Weird Harold Member Posts: 11
    I am not an expert

I am not an expert, but you may need radiation treatments in the near future.

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 999 Member
    Treatment plans?

Hi,

If it was me I would want to know if the PCa was all within my prostate, on the edge, or outside of the gland.  An MRI with contrast die or a rectal coil to pinpoint the cancer location will help determine what else is needed to help kill or remove the cancer.  At 3+3 you still have time to do more investigation.  The medications will help keep the cancer in check but you might need surgery or some form of radiation treatment in the future.  Just my 2c worth..................

Dave 3+4

• ramaka
    ramaka Member Posts: 55
    +1, please have a MRI done..

+1, please have a MRI done...There are quite a few options in India.