Complete remission

Well got my PET scan results yesterday. Full remission was music to my ears. Finished treatment 5 yesterday and treatment 6 scheduled for 7/3. Then I have PET scan every 3 months.

The PET scan did show some spots on the lungs and Dr said it was not Lymphoma he thinks it could be from Chemo. I have an appointment with Pulmonary Dr Monday to see what he thinks.

Also my spleen is enlarged still but the lymphoma was gone. Guess I will discuss with Dr on the next visit.

The Dr says I will still get pretty tired with these final 2 treatments but I think mentally it will be much easier to tolerate knowing that we have seen some succes. Onc says the likelihood of reoccurrence is greatest in first 2 years. I of course had already read that. He said that my Cancer responded so well to the Chemo he feels my chances are very good that there will be no reoccurrence. While I know there are no guarantees I am definetly glad to have some good news. 

Thanks for all the support I have gotten from the site and you all.

Sandy Ray

Comments

• dana-mihaela
    dana-mihaela Member Posts: 39
    Congratulation!

Hi Sandy,

I am very happy for you! This is a great result. 

Congratulation,

Dana

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    "As Good as it Gets"

Fantastic news Sandy.

Within 6 months or a year your follow-up scans will become less frequent, maybe one every six months, then annually.  After around three years I never again got a Lymphoma CT or PET, just an annual set of labs and touch-exam with the N.P.

I too had some lung spots detected after chemo ended, but they were wholly non-cancerous.

Stay "sighted in."

max

• Sandy Ray
    Sandy Ray Member Posts: 143 Member
    edited June 2017 #4

Congratulation!

Hi Sandy,

I am very happy for you! This is a great result. 

Congratulation,

Dana

Thanks

Thanks I am ready to get through last treatment. This has changed me I do not think I can ever put it behind me.

i just hope it has been used to make me a better person. I hope it causes me to appreciate life and realize those things that are truly important. Don't sweat the small stuff.

• Sandy Ray
    Sandy Ray Member Posts: 143 Member

"As Good as it Gets"

Fantastic news Sandy.

Within 6 months or a year your follow-up scans will become less frequent, maybe one every six months, then annually.  After around three years I never again got a Lymphoma CT or PET, just an annual set of labs and touch-exam with the N.P.

I too had some lung spots detected after chemo ended, but they were wholly non-cancerous.

Stay "sighted in."

max

Thankful

Max,

Thanks. I am ready to get through the last treatment. This little adventure has hopefully made me a better person and will focus on the things that really matter in life.

Don't sweat the small stuff!

Sandy Ray

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 868 Member
    Congratulations!

Great news, Sandy Ray. I am so happy for you.

Cheers,

Rocquie

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    The best news

That is great to hear.  The best feeling is to walk out of the cancer center or dr.'s office knowing you can breathe again.  I don't think you have too much to worry about with your spleen.  Bill's was the size of a football and it took a long time to go down after remission, I don't remember, but I think at least 6 mos. or more.

Enjoy your summer,

Becky

• lrclum
    lrclum Member Posts: 5
    Congratulations

I am new to the discussion boards, but great news, Sandy Ray. I am 6 months in remission from Follicular Lymphoma turned aggresive and treated with 6 cycles of R-CHOP. Life, though terrifying at times, is Good. Best to you.

• MrGreek14
    MrGreek14 Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2017 #9
    Congratulations

Great news glad to hear :)

• Lisag215
    Lisag215 Member Posts: 1
    Waiting to hear

I'm so scared  to find out .. they did the  biopsy on my eyelid the other day 

I have MS .. so all the drugss they had me on the past 20 years .

Who's know  what it did to my body .. 

• lindary
    lindary Member Posts: 711 Member
    Sandy Ray

Great news Sandy Ray.