Scanning.

Comments

• Kat23502
    Kat23502 Member Posts: 179 Member
    CRashster said:

Opposite.

To me, it feels opposite. By worrying with the scans and thinking about the scans, THAT seems like the cancer is controlling me.

That is letting it control

That is letting it control you mentally, you can get help with that and it does get easier. Why did you bother with surgery if you were just going to let it go?

• CRashster
    CRashster Member Posts: 241 Member
    Kat23502 said:

That is letting it control

That is letting it control you mentally, you can get help with that and it does get easier. Why did you bother with surgery if you were just going to let it go?

Let it go.

I didn't let it go, I had surgery and got it fixed. Great, now that song is stuck in my head.

• Hd67xlch
    Hd67xlch Member Posts: 151 Member
    Its a roll of the dice...............

I went 5 years without rcc returning on me, on what was going to be my last scan (5 year mark) , they found rcc lung mets. Had them surgically removed and all is good again. Ive read of others going 10 years before it showed back up. Or you could be lucky like my step dad he went over 30 years and rcc never showed back up on him, but he had scans every year. Good luck with whatever you choose.

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Have you considered

taking up smoking, drinkng, and drugs?  Or is it sex, drugs and rock n roll? Forget the past and LIVE ON! And don't wear your motorcycle helmet.

• CRashster
    foxhd said:

Have you considered

taking up smoking, drinkng, and drugs?  Or is it sex, drugs and rock n roll? Forget the past and LIVE ON! And don't wear your motorcycle helmet.

I'm glad

that somebody gets it.

• Kat23502
    CRashster said:

I'm glad

that somebody gets it.

I'm fairly sure he was being

I'm fairly sure he was being sarcastic. 

• Hd67xlch
    Hd67xlch Member Posts: 151 Member
    foxhd said:

Have you considered

Hey fox leave me out of this........

1. smoking, well just vaping thc oil

2. drinking, nightly

3. drugs, my motto has always been, better living through better chemistry

4. sex, well thats out of my hand, or would that be, thats in my hand , or honestly thats up to the wife

5. motorcycle helmet, LOL, havent wore one in like 30 years, fortunate to live in a free state

6. rock-n-roll was listening to Lynyard Skynyard on the way to work this morning

Scans who has time to worry about scans, I spend my life worrying about random drug tests at work. God I hope nobody in the IT dept is spying on  my computer this morning.

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    Hd77xlch, you're hilarious :)

Hd77xlch, you're hilarious :)

• CRashster
    edited May 2017 #30
    Kat23502 said:

I'm fairly sure he was being

I'm fairly sure he was being sarcastic. 

Yeah.

me too.

• foxhd
    Wasn't it

Hunter S Thompson that said ,"I wouldn't recommend a life of alcohol, violence, drugs or insanity to anyone but it always worked for me."

• BoondockSaint
    BoondockSaint Member Posts: 242 Member
    Hd67xlch said:

2. drinking, nightly

4. sex, well thats out of my hand, or would that be, thats in my hand , or honestly thats up to the wife

5. motorcycle helmet, LOL, havent wore one in like 30 years, fortunate to live in a free state

6. rock-n-roll was listening to Lynyard Skynyard on the way to work this morning

Scans who has time to worry about scans, I spend my life worrying about random drug tests at work. God I hope nobody in the IT dept is spying on  my computer this morning.

Bawahaha x 1000......had to

Bawahaha x 1000......had to laugh out loud at this one. 

• Abunai
    Abunai Member Posts: 173 Member
    An interesting approach

It's like Schroedinger's cat.

You can call it Schroedingers's cancer: Until you have the scans (look inside the box) you both; Have cancer and; Don't have cancer. 

It's not until you take a look that either answer is true. So, if you don't have the scans, you can't truly say that you have cancer.

P.S. Who's the little goofball in your profile picture? She looks like she's having fun with you.

• marosa
    marosa Member Posts: 334 Member
    edited May 2017 #34
    You have consulted the Oracle!

No, seriously, do take all these wise opinions in consideration CRashter.   And I am sure we all get your point of view.  Nevertheless... follow-ups is what we choose.

• foxhd
    edited May 2017 #35
    Hd67xlch said:

2. drinking, nightly

my old buddy

Paula who I have promised to never forget, used to say,"Better living thru chemistry." also.  Love it. "CH, I've got 2 rallies in june. Yahoo! Talk about chemistry...

• CRashster
    foxhd said:

Wasn't it

Hunter S Thompson that said ,"I wouldn't recommend a life of alcohol, violence, drugs or insanity to anyone but it always worked for me."

Hunter

As a young man, I read quote a bit of Dr. Thompson's work. Old Crow, his preferred whiskey became my preferred whiskey. That stuff is rough. I was joking around with some buddies and we supposed that is what happened to me. The crow was so rough, it bypassed my liver and went straight for my kidney.

• medic1971
    medic1971 Member Posts: 225 Member
    Abunai said:

An interesting approach

You can call it Schroedingers's cancer: Until you have the scans (look inside the box) you both; Have cancer and; Don't have cancer. 

It's not until you take a look that either answer is true. So, if you don't have the scans, you can't truly say that you have cancer.

P.S. Who's the little goofball in your profile picture? She looks like she's having fun with you.

Expect...

Except this cat can claw it's way out of the box. 

• CRashster
    Abunai said:

An interesting approach

My Kid.

we were clowning.

• foxhd
    Abunai said:

An interesting approach

Abunai,

I always tell people that you  are never officially nuts until you see a psychologist.

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Here is a Post I copied from

Here is a Post I copied from one of the Kidney Cancer survivir Facebook groups.

I had my bout with kidney cancer in 2011, they got it all at that time, I went for the first couple of follow up visits and then somehow convinced myself not to go back, big mistake, now I have lung cancer and they are offering hospice already, I just got the results of the biopsy today, I also had a pet scan today because they want to make sure it hasnt spread to other areas, I was fine for 6 years and may have lived a normal life span had I continued going to the dr. Please keep all of your follow up appointments and follow dr orders so you can live a long life.

Icemantoo

• Kat23502
    icemantoo said:

Here is a Post I copied from

Here is a Post I copied from one of the Kidney Cancer survivir Facebook groups.

I had my bout with kidney cancer in 2011, they got it all at that time, I went for the first couple of follow up visits and then somehow convinced myself not to go back, big mistake, now I have lung cancer and they are offering hospice already, I just got the results of the biopsy today, I also had a pet scan today because they want to make sure it hasnt spread to other areas, I was fine for 6 years and may have lived a normal life span had I continued going to the dr. Please keep all of your follow up appointments and follow dr orders so you can live a long life.

Icemantoo

Exactly this Icemantoo.

Exactly this Icemantoo.