Good news from "Across the Pond"

Hi Ladies!  I am literallly in Germany as I am posting this. I have had a great week this time.  First I was advised by my oncologist that my lab tests came back good, and my cancer marker was down 50%.  Yay!!!  They warned me that there may be no visible shrinkage on the MRI (they do a new one before every embolization) because it usually does not start to show until after the second cycle but the drop in my cancer marker numbers was so significant that it was strong evidence that the plan was working.  Was it ever!! There was 30% shrinkage in one nodule and 10% in the other!!  My surgeon said they seldom see this level of progress this soon and I may end up as his new "miracle girl".  I told him I was definitely up for the job!!  So my week included back to back whole body hyperythermia, followed the next day by arterial chemoembolization in the hospital in Frankfurt, and the rest of the time filled with local hyperthermia, daily infusions, and other support treatments (including massage!!).  I head home tomorrow, and will be back on May 23rd for round #3, not the full month at home I was hoping for but if tthings continue in this direction I will gladly sacrifice the next 3-6 months to see this through.   Just wanted to check in and share...I have had almost a year of bad news so this was a long time coming.  It pays to never give up!!  Stay strong sisters!!  Fondly, Helen Smile

Comments

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    Wow, Helen

Words cannot express how delighted I am to learn of your good news. I'm thinking we should get out the champagn, noisemakers and confetti. Keep it up!

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Woo Hoo! Thanks for the

Woo Hoo! Thanks for the update Helen. I saw your post on LouAnn's status before I saw this one. So happy to hear this great news. I still wonder why we are not as advanced on this side of the pond!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member

Helen - it is SO good to hear from you.  I hope you ARE thier 'miracle patient'!!

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    Oh Helen

That is the best news!!!  Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us all.  Big ole ((((HUGS)))) as you move forward <3

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    So excited for you

Keep up being the "miracle girl"! 

Suzanne

• henhill
    henhill Member Posts: 123
    Good News

Good news for one is hope for all.  I pray it continues to be successful

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Fantastic news Helen!

Fantastic news Helen!

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    So happy for you

keep up the awesomeness. Hoping everything continues to get better and better

Hugs and prayers Lou Ann

• namedropper
    namedropper Member Posts: 102 Member
    Yeah.  What great news. I am

Yeah.  What great news. I am sooooo happy for you.

• sunflash
    sunflash Member Posts: 197 Member
    That's so wonderful, Helen! I

That's so wonderful, Helen! I like the title "miracle girl"! Great news indeed! 

• TAyers
    TAyers Member Posts: 86 Member
    good news

Helen it is great to hear the good news! Being away from home for this is a sacrafice, but sounds like in the long run you will have much more time to make up for it. Thanks for letting us know how things are going. I wish everyone could sign up for this treatment, sounds like the massage is great! God bless. Tami

• rcdeman
    rcdeman Member Posts: 263 Member
    edited April 2017 #13
    I am so happy to hear the

I am so happy to hear the good news from you Helen. I've been thinking about you and wondering when you were going to update, so this is great news indeed! I will continue to pray for your progress and for treatment success!

Love,
    Rebecca

• Donna Faye
    Donna Faye Member Posts: 427 Member
    edited April 2017 #14
    Great news

So happy for you and yours. Also good to know what other countries are doing with cancer.

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    Miracle Girl!

Miracle girl, for sure! That is wonderfully hopeful news, Helen. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us and good luck on your continued success!! Kim

• cindy0519
    cindy0519 Member Posts: 173
    Just thrilled for you Helen!

Just thrilled for you Helen!  I have been looking for updates from both yourself and Editgirl as I am VERY interested in this as well.  Thank you so much for sharing! I wish you MUCH continued success!