Two Days Post-surgery

JTgreybeard
JTgreybeard Member Posts: 22 Member

Its two days post-surgery and I want to share my story.  Back in October 2016 I had bad lower left side cramps.  My doctor sent me for a CT scan to confirm diverticulitis and to make sure I did not have a blockage.  This CT scan found a 11 mm solid, enhancing mass in the lower pole of the right kidney represents a Bosniak 4 lesion and is highly concerning for renal cell carcinoma. Recommend urologic referral for further evaluation and management.  My urologist told me that it was small and that renal masses tend to grow slowly.  He recommended we give it a few months for my gut to heal and then do another CT scan.  On Feb 10, 2017 I had another CT scan done with contrast.  Results: Subtle lesions seen in the lower pole of the right kidney medial. It measures approximately a centimeter and I believe it enhances with contrast material. This is consistent with at least a Bosniak class IV lesion and is suspicious for a primary renal malignancy.  When reviewing this with my Doctor it was decided that he would remove this using robotic assisted surgery.  That surgery was performed on Apr 11, 2017.  He spend over 3 hours on this surgery and consulted 2 other urologist during the surgery.  He used the internal ultrasound directly on my kidney to locate tumor.  He did not find it.   God had already healed me and removed this tumor before the surgery.  Praise be to God.   I spend lots of time praying and my Christian friends prayed as well.  God answers prayers.  I have seven places in me were the robot was inserted and am very sore but I AM CANCER FREE.   GOD IS GOOD!!!!! GOD IS Good!!!!  

Comments

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    edited April 2017 #2
    Wow - !

Great news, indeed. 

I'm also impressed that you can coherently type all those big words so soon after your non-neph surgery. That's a lot of anesthesia and carbon dioxide to work out of your system. 

You've still earned an "I'm just here for the Jell-O" t-shirt, even if its sentiment is now ironic rather than sarcastic. 

• Steve.Adam
    Steve.Adam Member Posts: 463 Member
    Dream result

The best possible outcome.

Steve.

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Follow up

JT,Follow up with scans just in case.

Icemantoo

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    edited April 2017 #5
    Wonderful news but I'm with

Wonderful news but I'm with Iceman. Follow up US scans won't hurt just to be sure it's not back. All the best to you!

• beemurguia
    beemurguia Member Posts: 57
    edited April 2017 #6
    Its amazing what positivity

Its amazing what positivity and faith can do!!! I am very happy for you and believe strongly in the power of prayer! Anything is possible with the help of God!

Science is wonderful, tangible but spirituality and faith also can compliment!

• JTgreybeard
    JTgreybeard Member Posts: 22 Member
    edited April 2017 #7
    One week now

One week now and doing well.  No pain to speak of just the anoying itching of the 7 incision sites.  Energy levels still low but that is getting Better every day.  Thank you all for your comments.

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited April 2017 #8
    Glad you are doing well in

Glad you are doing well in your recovery! Make sure you eat protein/foods enriched in Iron too. Need it to recover from any surgery. You are using your faith to heal, continued blessings.

Warmly, Jan 

• Dutch1
    Dutch1 Member Posts: 152
    edited April 2017 #9
    It's good that you've

It's good that you've survived the cancer scare.  I also encourage you to be faithful in your follow ups.  Cancer is sneaky.  Be vigilant.

Prayers are powerful.  Take good care of yourself.

Dutch

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    edited April 2017 #10
    I don't quite understand how

I don't quite understand how the tumor could have just disappeared. But very glad to hear about positive outcome for you! Iceman is right - please perform follow-up scans just in case.

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    I'm glad

such awesome results happened for you. Live like you experienced a miracle.

• sblairc
    sblairc Member Posts: 585 Member
    edited April 2017 #12
    Allochka said:

I don't quite understand how

I don't quite understand how the tumor could have just disappeared. But very glad to hear about positive outcome for you! Iceman is right - please perform follow-up scans just in case.

It happens. It happened to my uncle (spontaneous remission)

I was floored. Some cancers actually do that. The immune system just attacks them and they go away, it is suspected, that's how it happens.  Kidney cancer is one of the cancers this has been documented to happen with.