Another update

Lou Ann M
Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member

Today was supposed to be labs, dr.'s visit and infusion.  CT scan results were not what any,one wanted.  The tumor that sits between my spine and vena cave grew this time. It has grown partially into both.  My oncologist is hesitant about continuing on Keytruda because this is the second tumor that has grown.  We talked about several different option.  Including the MATCH clinical trials.  We filled out consent papers for that.  My husband asks about what we could do about the tumor in my vena cava and my oncologist was afraid of what radiation would do to it apparently wholes in such things aren't good.  He did say that he was going to talk to the radiologist and the tumor board to see if they had any ideas.  No infusion until some questions from the Match trials are answered.  We left, stopped at Walmart for a card and my oncologist called himself.  He had already talked to the radiologist and he said he thought that radiation would not be that hard to do.  That is the route we will take.  It will put of the MATCH application for awhile because hopefully there will not be enough tumor left to biops.  We will still have this as an option later.  Again, there is always hope.

Hugs and prayer, Lou Ann

Comments

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    edited March 2017 #2
    Prayers

Prayers for you my dear sister. 

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Thinking of You

Lou Ann:

Thinking of you.

Hugs.

Kathy

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    edited March 2017 #4
    Hoping for the best for you

Hoping for the best for you

love Janae

• debbie000
    debbie000 Member Posts: 6
    hugs and prayers

be strong

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    edited March 2017 #6
    Ahh Lou Ann

So sorry you've had another round of what no one wants to hear!  I'm glad they didn't let any moss grow under their feet getting you some sort of answers and glad you have a direction to head.  You dear one are doing everything you can possibly do and doing it with so much grace and courage- THANK YOU for coming here and sharing your journey with all of us- for being a faithful sister in sharing the details good and bad and most especially sharing your faith that there is always HOPE!  Much love and prayers coming your way today and all days.  (((HUGS)))

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    edited March 2017 #7
    Lou Ann, I am so sorry to

Lou Ann, I am so sorry to hear this. It surely looked like the Keytruda was going to do the job for you to for a while. But you have the best oncologist, always looking for the next option. You and he have my utmost admiration and respect. I always think of you with awe when I think of what you have handled with such courage and grace. I am full of hope for you.

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Hugs, hope, and prayers for

Hugs, hope, and prayers for you Lou ann! You are a true warrior!

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    Stay hopeful, Lou Ann. You

Stay hopeful, Lou Ann. You have a good plan in place and a good medical team. If the radiation doesn't work then the trial is a good plan B. Sending you positive toughts and wishing you strength for this next step.

• Lou Ann M
    edited March 2017 #10
    Thank you all

my friends, your encouragement, hopes and prayers me the,world to me.

Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• Beebster
    Beebster Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2017 #11
    Marathon thinking

That's what we all hear - it's a marathon, not a sprint! Lou Ann, I'm one of your many avid marathon followers and am so pleased for you that your medical team works together on your options, and quickly, too. Courage and strength to you.

Onward. Beebster

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    Dear Lou Ann

You are my hero.

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited March 2017 #13
    And my hero as well! So sorry

And my hero as well! So sorry to hear this news my friend.  I'm glad radiation is an option.

Sending you loads of support.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• oldbeauty
    oldbeauty Member Posts: 366 Member
    edited March 2017 #14
    Best wishes

Lou Ann, good to see you have an active provider.  Best of luck on your radiology consult.  Radiation has been a friend to me twice and I hope you can benefit also.  Oldbeauty

• Lou Ann M
    edited March 2017 #15
    Met with the radiologist today.

He is pretty confident that he will,be able to,radiate the mass without a lot of problems.  He is more concerned about the part that is invading and nibbling on my spinal collumn.  I believes that,the vena cava will be ok scar tissue will,heal it up. Apparentl, when I had pelvic radiotion over four years ago they radiated up high enough that it got part of the the apine where this is now situated.  If he  re radiated my spine it cause paralysis.  He asked for an MRI so he had more info and clearer pictures to do his planning.  I had MRIs th y make my hip hurt so much while I am laying there.

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    Gosh my radiation doctor

Gosh my radiation doctor didnt want to radiate in an area that I already had done 23 years ago. Im not sure why just wouldnt do it though. 

• Rubyshoes
    Rubyshoes Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2017 #17
    Hugs and love and saying

Hugs and love and saying prayers for you.

• cheerful
    cheerful Member Posts: 261 Member
    edited March 2017 #18

Hi LouAnn:  I wish you all the best in your treatment plan and will say some prayers for you. Please do remain hopeful.

Cheerful

a/k/a Jane

• pgdaughter
    pgdaughter Member Posts: 22
    hugs

LouAnn, you inspire so many of us on this forum. We're hopeful for you and I'm cheering you on! 

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Lou Ann M said:

Met with the radiologist today.

He is pretty confident that he will,be able to,radiate the mass without a lot of problems.  He is more concerned about the part that is invading and nibbling on my spinal collumn.  I believes that,the vena cava will be ok scar tissue will,heal it up. Apparentl, when I had pelvic radiotion over four years ago they radiated up high enough that it got part of the the apine where this is now situated.  If he  re radiated my spine it cause paralysis.  He asked for an MRI so he had more info and clearer pictures to do his planning.  I had MRIs th y make my hip hurt so much while I am laying there.

Hey Lou Ann,  Do you think an

Hey Lou Ann,  Do you think an extra large dose of Lorazapam could help with your hip pain while you are laying there so long? Just wondering if it might let you go to sleep so that you don't feel it???? If not, is there anything else they could give you to ease that pain? Seems like in this day and age, we should not have to endure any.... I'm so glad you have such wonderful doctors on your side!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Hopeful162
    Hopeful162 Member Posts: 82
    edited March 2017 #21
    LouAnn, you joined this site

Smile

LouAnn, you joined this site just a couple months after me, and I have been following your saga all this time, but seldom writing in. I certainly admire your optimism and upbeat spirit in the face of setbacks and pray that you will have many more good times to come. Thank you for your support for all of us here; I hope you feel our support for you!

Martha