It was worth it

Today was lab, doctor visit, and infusion day.  Except for a new phlebotomist who had a lot of trouble accessing my port, it was a really good day.  The tumor in my neck has shrunk down to almost nothing,  so the horror of wearing the mask and being pinned down on a board for radiation was worth it.  My CA125 level dropped from 470 to 410. After two times of going up it was nice to see it come down again.  Also got the news that Merck has approved me for another year of Keytruda under their Patient Assistance Program.

Hugs nd prayers, Lou Ann

Comments

• beccabtown
    beccabtown Member Posts: 234
    It's great to hear you have so much good news!

Congratulations!

• ncg007
    ncg007 Member Posts: 138 Member
    Excellent!

Lou Ann...Excellent news on the good report!  Congratulations!

Nancy

• nateandkatesmom
    nateandkatesmom Member Posts: 40
    Louann :)

We don't have regular TV but at the dr office today I saw a commercial about Keytruda and commented on it to my husband and thought of you. (he doesn't know I joined/posted here so I didn't tell him why it caught my attention.)

Anyway, that sounds like excellent news. As I have read each of your stories it has really impacted me how generous it is for you to respond to "newbies" when your own battle must be taking so much energy.

Thank you.

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    Lou Ann,

That is the best news to hear!!!  So glad that was the outcome!  Also, to be approved for another year of assistance- you deserve it!!!  Thank you SO MUCH for sharing with us.   (((HUGS)))

• Sandrine04
    Sandrine04 Member Posts: 76
    Lou ann

Very happy for you 

• bluesmama
    bluesmama Member Posts: 125 Member
    Fantastic news!

Fantastic news!

• MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 476 Member
    edited February 2017 #8
    Wow, That's Triple Good News!

So happy to hear that you received triple good news at your appointment yesterday, Lou Ann! 

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    edited February 2017 #9
    Great news Lou Ann! I am so

Great news Lou Ann! I am so happy for you!

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    edited February 2017 #10
    You are a warrior, Lou Ann!

You are a warrior, Lou Ann! Congratulations on this good news and for sharing your experiences with us. In times of weakness I think of all the amazing ladies on this group and you right are at the top!

• Beebster
    Beebster Member Posts: 20
    edited February 2017 #11
    Thinking of all of you

Every day. Congratulations Lou Ann.

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Lou Ann - I'm doing a major

Lou Ann - I'm doing a major happy dance for you! Seriously great news all the way around. Who knows?.... You may get to that elusive dance with Mr. Ned yet! Based on what you had previously posted, I'm assuming that the radiation will continue to do its' job and that little bit of left over tumor will go away.

Just think, not only are you benefiting from the Keytruda; you are blazing the trail for the rest of us. You will always be extra special!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    "Sigh of relief!"

Such good news from you! You've been through so much and set such an example for us all to keep doing what it takes, even when it gets really, really hard to do. You are a true trailblazer and I think a lot of us are very grateful that you keep sharing both the good and bad with us. Thank you!

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    Immunotherapy

My oncologist is very excited about how this is going.  He believes that this is the future of cancer treatment.  Keytruda has been approved for frontline treatment for one type of cancer now. I believe that it is a type of lung cancer.  Advancements of any kind is good news for all of us.  Of course it is still a work in progress.

Thank you , all my peachy sisters.  Your support means the world to me.

Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    This is just the GREATEST

This is just the GREATEST news to hear!  Cheers to you, Lou Ann.  You are amazing!

Chris

• Mmpeterson
    Mmpeterson Member Posts: 124
    edited February 2017 #16
    Wonderful News Lou Ann

Very excited that everything is going so well for you.  You give me so much inspiration and hope to look forward to.

Love & hugs, Maryanne

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    Yea!!!!!!  I needed some good

Yea!!!!!!  I needed some good news around here.  Thanks so much for sharing.  You are such an insperation. 

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    edited February 2017 #18
    Great news!

so happy for you!

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    edited February 2017 #19
    Oh, Lou Ann

it's so nice to have happy tears in my eyes for a change.  Cancer better be really afraid of you.

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    edited February 2017 #20

Great news!

so happy for you!

Love the new hair cut. Lou

Love the new hair cut. Lou Ann 

• TracyGB
    TracyGB Member Posts: 8
    Happy for you!!!

Happy you had good news!  Love the "peachy sisters" --too cute!  I will be using that in the future :).