Newbie here

Just found this place, getting the feel of it.

Comments

• lindary
    lindary Member Posts: 711 Member
    Welcome

Nobody bites so just let us know what you are looking for. 

• k9bymyside
    k9bymyside Member Posts: 1
    newbie also

Hi I had my first ever bone marrow biopsy last week and was told on Friday that I have lymphoma but that it will be another couple of weeks before they know more about what type of lymphoma that I have. What as someone newly diagnosed should I be doing? I wanted to research more about what I have, but have quickly discovered that there are numerous types of lymphomas. Although I like to know as much detail as possible, I find myself handicapped with respect to all this new medical terminology - my background is in mathematics, engineering and physics, however I prefer knowing as much detail about a subject as I can get. Thanks in advance.

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,465 Member
    edited February 2017 #4

newbie also

Hi I had my first ever bone marrow biopsy last week and was told on Friday that I have lymphoma but that it will be another couple of weeks before they know more about what type of lymphoma that I have. What as someone newly diagnosed should I be doing? I wanted to research more about what I have, but have quickly discovered that there are numerous types of lymphomas. Although I like to know as much detail as possible, I find myself handicapped with respect to all this new medical terminology - my background is in mathematics, engineering and physics, however I prefer knowing as much detail about a subject as I can get. Thanks in advance.

Wait for the final diagnosis!

Welcome! Since your prognosis could run the gamut from excellent to poor, there is little use performing any research until you receive a final report on the pathology. Since lymphoma is extremely difficult to diagnose, a second opinion (in the US, preferably done at a National Cancer Institute deisgnated cancer center) may well prove to be a life saver. It was in my case. When you have the final report, please consider starting your own thread, as your posts may well be lost in this one.