edited January 2017 #22

And Who's the Doctor?

And Who's the Doctor?

Doctor Who?

Doctor Who?

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Not unusual

Having the "full" feeling.  I remember for a good week or so I literally would have a couple of spoonfuls of soup, or jello and couldn't eat another bite.  The appetite will return in time.  You have to remember everything was moved around in there and now swollen and rebeling.  Like the others have mentioned, walking will help, a little at a time.  He'll know when he needs to stop.  He'll need to expand on activity as tolerated.  Should be walking around at least a few times a day though for at least 5 minutes.

Best wishes,

Donna~

P.S.  Re: the Ensure topic.  My uncle's doctor advised it just to supplement his diet.  He enjoyed the juice version, rather than the milky ones.  But even at that he would only drink one a day and told his doc no way was he going to drink 4 a day.  God love him, he was worried about "too many calories".  He was 4'10" at the time and weighed 119lbs.  Smile

• LMD828
    LMD828 Member Posts: 26

Ensure

1. My wife bought me a whole box of the stuff when I first went into surgery in 2013. It still sits, untouched in the pantry. I dont know why she hates me so much.

2. Fish Fingers and Custard. Nah. Eat the fishfingers in a sandwich with chips (fries), pickled onions and tomato ketchup. Have the custard over rhubarb as a dessert (or forget the whole thing and make Tiramisu)

3. LMD828 I assume your husbands gas is getting better. We seem to have got a little distracted.

These comments just made my

These comments just made my day!  My husband ended up back in the hospital after vomiting for 17 hours.  Pretty glad I didn't give him fish sticks or those would have come back up also.  Oh my.   Anyway, he was literally too full to put more in his system.  (Ileus, I believe).  It took them a couple of days, but finally he's back home and things are "moving" again.  Keeping up with lots of water and walks.  

Thanks for your humor - you guys have helped so much!

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    LMD828 said:

These comments just made my

These comments just made my day!  My husband ended up back in the hospital after vomiting for 17 hours.  Pretty glad I didn't give him fish sticks or those would have come back up also.  Oh my.   Anyway, he was literally too full to put more in his system.  (Ileus, I believe).  It took them a couple of days, but finally he's back home and things are "moving" again.  Keeping up with lots of water and walks.  

Thanks for your humor - you guys have helped so much!

Fish sticks?

Gracious, LMD. Your hubby had quite the workout, glad to hear he's back home and doing better. 

Had you given him fish sticks, your best bet woud've been for you to have binge-watched Doctor Who episodes with the sound turned way up... And just checked up on him every so often. 

It gets better -- Hang in there,

Jerzy

"You know how they say, 'One of these days we're going to laugh about this?' Might as well laugh about it now." (Sorry, I've forgotten where I first heard this, but it works no matter who said it).