Update on sonohistogram....Learned nothing! Arggggggggg

Dsr
Dsr Member Posts: 19
edited December 2016 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

Just got off the phone with my ob and I am no closer to an answer than I was a week ago.  Turns out that not only did the sonohistgram not work, but taking the fluid for biopsy revealed nothing....just fibrous tissue.  So, I still have to go back for a full endometrial biopsy. I am disappointed that I didn't get an answer here.  To top it all off, now my ob doesn't seem particularly concerned and said there is no rush to get it done.  I could wait it January! Ugh.  I am getting whiplash from his attitude (as nice as he is). Needless to say, I will be doing this asap (after getting my daughter from college soon).  The uncertainty is killing me. Thanks for listening.  You ladies rock.

Comments

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    edited December 2016 #2
    I am so sorry you didn't get

I am so sorry you didn't get answers.  That is so frustrating.  The unknown is so hard. 

Hugs Janae

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,352 Member
    edited December 2016 #3
    Dsr, I'm sorry, I just don't

Dsr, I'm sorry, I just don't remember all the details on how you got to this point.  Was it you thought something was wrong and are getting it checked out??  So far if the tests are showing nothing that is good?  Right?  January is just a few short weeks away and I hope it is nothing.  I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy. 

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    DSR Nice or Not if you aren't getting what you need

you could look elsewhere- take your records and go see someone else???  I know you are concerned and I am so sorry you aren't getting any clear answers.  Sometimes these little tests take forever and you just wish they'd pull out the big guns from jump street.  TRY and enjoy the time with your daughter and the holidays- you can't do anything about it and you need to really cherish these days of NOT having anything diagnosed and NOT being in frontline treatment.  Eat good food, laugh, watch Christmas movies, make the moments count = LIVE YOUR LIFE.  The other will wait and you will know soon enough and you'll be so glad you had this time.  We are here to wait with you- and no matter what you find out- still here  (((HUGS))) and prayers!

• Dsr
    Thanks ladies.  I feel a bit

Thanks ladies.  I feel a bit better now, but just like all of you, fear of the unknown is the most terrifying fear of all sometimes.  I am trying to take a step back.  I have an appointment for an endometrial biopsy on Jan 4 and I will try to just enjoy the holidays until then.  

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    Dsr said:

Thanks ladies.  I feel a bit better now, but just like all of you, fear of the unknown is the most terrifying fear of all sometimes.  I am trying to take a step back.  I have an appointment for an endometrial biopsy on Jan 4 and I will try to just enjoy the holidays until then.  

That is the very best

That is the very best medicine that anyone can prescribe. Enjoy your family and the holidays. January 4th will come soon enough.

• Nellasing
    Dsr said:

Thinking about you tonight

Just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers as you get ready for your biopsy tomorrow.  I hope you were able to step back and enjoy the holidays with your family.  Keep us posted.  (((HUGS)))

• Dsr
    Thank you so much

Thank you so much for your good thoughts. In fact, I just got back from the biopsy and man, is that test painful.  I am out of commission for the remainder of the day.  I have a Mirena in for the last 5 years so hopefully that has provided me some protection.  Now the waiting game begins anew.  

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Dsr said:

Thank you so much

Thank you so much for your good thoughts. In fact, I just got back from the biopsy and man, is that test painful.  I am out of commission for the remainder of the day.  I have a Mirena in for the last 5 years so hopefully that has provided me some protection.  Now the waiting game begins anew.  

Frustrating

I know how frustrating this can be.  I have a 5 x 2.3 cm mass which consistently shows a low positive on PET scans. I had a biopsy on it and it too just showed connective tissue but still was positive on PET scans.  Its been a wait and see for several years.  I recently had surgery and they were going to biopsy the mass but I don't think they got to it because I had so much scarring.  The doctor said he felt it and it went to mush but it is funny that my next PET scan indicated it was still there, still positive, and just a tiny bit larger.

I had another biopsy done for a similar mass back in 2009.  It was a positive biopsy.  I eventually had that one surgically removed.  Once it was removed and tested the results were negative.  Talk about confusing!

Hang in there!

Kathy

• Nellasing
    edited January 2017 #10
    Thank you for letting us know!

We'll be right here waiting with you.  I know it's painful-  (((HUGS)))

• Dsr
    edited January 2017 #11
    Thank you ladies!  Kaleena: I

Thank you ladies!  Kaleena: I feel the exact same way! As nice as my ob is, I feel like I am getting very confusing information about this.  If the biopsy is normal but I still have bleeding issues, I need to remove my Mirena and have a histography (Hope I got that right). Sigh.  Thanks for your continued support! You ladies rock.