Help for Lung Cancer

lightray
lightray Member Posts: 3

Howdy everyone,

I am new to this site. It feels very good to be a part of a world-class discussion for Cancer. Hope I will get help from here. 

I will explain our story, in short

My cousin is in a fight with lung cancer for last 6 months.(He is single and obviously a good man with no bad habits like smoking) 

Our family doctor said that the root cause of his situation was his hazardous work environment (He worked for a metal galvanizing company and was with Chromium related coating works). With this health condition, he discontinued from his job. 

I don't know more details about his situation as he is hiding the treatment details from us. I think he also has some financial issues related to mortgage and is now struggling to manage everything.

Is it possible for a disability compensation considering this as a work hazard? Please share some info if anyone has any information related to this matter. 

Comments

• jorola
    jorola Member Posts: 243 Member
    This is something to investigate with

This is something to investigate with his local workers' compensation board. Sorry I am from Canada and even then each province runs their board separately. Only thing he can do is check it out and see. Really depends on the policies and procedures for exposure to hazzards over a period of time.

• lightray
    lightray Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2016 #3
    Got a recommendation

Jorola, I got a recommendation from one of my friends and he shared the fab page of https://www.campisilaw.ca. I am planning to consult them. I found some interesting case studies similar to our situation on their site.

Thank you for your support. Happy New Year Cool

• jorola
    If you are from Canada be sure to check with your local WCB

If you are from Canada be sure to check with your local WCB as if it is a possible work injury you must go through WCB first as it is a no fault insurance not all lawyers are aware of this and may lead you astray and take your money and you get nothing back!

• jorola
    And by the way many non smokers may get lung cancer.

And by the way many non smokers may get lung cancer. Did the Dr's do a detailed analysis of the tumor biopsy to determine what may have caused the cancer? This would be required to confirm what was the cause of the cause to know exactly where he should be going.

• dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member
    edited January 2017 #6
    jorola said:

And by the way many non smokers may get lung cancer.

And by the way many non smokers may get lung cancer. Did the Dr's do a detailed analysis of the tumor biopsy to determine what may have caused the cancer? This would be required to confirm what was the cause of the cause to know exactly where he should be going.

If this board had a like

If this board had a like button I'd be hitting it for that response.  Thank you.