Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

To All of my wonderful partners on this board......

MERRY CHRISTMAS!  I hope we all find 2017 will bring us much happiness, joy and a sense of peace.

Thanks to everyone for the support, love, guidance, friendship and understanding that only we can provide to each other.

I'm grateful for each of you.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

Comments

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    edited December 2016 #2
    Ditto

i cant imagine getting through this without all of you 

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    Great thread.  Merry

Great thread.  Merry christmas and thanks to every one from me too!!!!!

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    Merry Christmas!

It's a low key, subdued Christmas for my husband and me this year, but that's kind of where we are at right now. I probably could have traveled, but a week ago...no way! That made it hard for us to commit to being with family, but we'll make the best of things via SKYPE. Miss being with family, but that day is coming soon! <grin>.

To all in the midst of treatment or in a holding pattern waiting on results or surgery, may the holiday bring you peace, comfort, and a pleasant distraction. To those we've lost this year (Moli Moli, AWK) or think we may have lost (Brissance!), you will always be remembered and are deeply missed. Hugs and prayers to your families during what is probably a very difficult holiday for them. To all who are past treatment, deepest thanks and best wishes for the coming year. May your dances with NED go on and on...hearing from you gives each of us on earlier parts of this journey so much hope and strength to do what we have to do to be in your shoes. Love you all!

• Charissa
    Charissa Member Posts: 129 Member
    Merry Christmas & A Happy Healthy New Year Wish to All

Hello ladies. I disappeared for a while. The household got really busy, with homeschooling my two teenage daughters. The oldest has no interest in driving, so I am their chauffer. We did some recent traveling, two weeks in Hawaii and a week in Vegas. Now, it's switching gears to Christmas and New Years. My hope is that each of you are blessed with the gift of peace. The gift of hope. The gift of love. The gift of joy. The gift of health and healing.

May this New Year bring you many new adventures and renewed love for life. Let us never take for granted the fragility of this time with loved ones. May we be a testimony and set the path to sisterhood for others found on our journey. Each of you are so precious and special.

What a blessing to come back and see all of you still here - bonding, supporting, encouraging, and loving each other. Such a special group! So elated to be a part of it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, ladies! Love and virtual hugs to each of you.

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    MAbound said:

Merry Christmas!

It's a low key, subdued Christmas for my husband and me this year, but that's kind of where we are at right now. I probably could have traveled, but a week ago...no way! That made it hard for us to commit to being with family, but we'll make the best of things via SKYPE. Miss being with family, but that day is coming soon! <grin>.

To all in the midst of treatment or in a holding pattern waiting on results or surgery, may the holiday bring you peace, comfort, and a pleasant distraction. To those we've lost this year (Moli Moli, AWK) or think we may have lost (Brissance!), you will always be remembered and are deeply missed. Hugs and prayers to your families during what is probably a very difficult holiday for them. To all who are past treatment, deepest thanks and best wishes for the coming year. May your dances with NED go on and on...hearing from you gives each of us on earlier parts of this journey so much hope and strength to do what we have to do to be in your shoes. Love you all!

Merry Christmas to my virtual sisters

So happy to "be" with all of you.  Best wishes for 2017.  And "Brissance" is gone from the board, but not gone.  She is still posting on Facebook.

• beccabtown
    beccabtown Member Posts: 234
    Merry Christmas, everybody!

Thank you for all your inspiration and support.

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    edited December 2016 #8
    Merry Christmas

And a happy New Year to each of you.  I hope your dreams and wishes all come true.  My sincere hope is that next year at this time we are all still here supporting each other.

Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

To each and every one of you.  It's been such a comfort to know you are here or will be along shortly with advice, support, love, hugs, information... the list goes on.

Prayers that everyone is where they should be, with who they should be with and that we all live in each and every moment with gratitude and not take any of it for granted.

Blessings all around and as always  (((HUGS)))  <3<3

• MAbound
    Editgrl said:

Merry Christmas to my virtual sisters

So happy to "be" with all of you.  Best wishes for 2017.  And "Brissance" is gone from the board, but not gone.  She is still posting on Facebook.

so Happy to hear that!

You just made my Christmas!!  Obviously I was thinking the worst after all of this time.

• derMaus
    derMaus Member Posts: 558 Member
    Blessed Be

Blessed be to all my new friends and incredible support system. When the internet seems to be full of crap, fake news and the Kardashians, it's good to be reminded of it's power for good - and this Board certainly ranks at the top of that list. Be well and sleep in peace and love, this night and always. B

• Red Corvette
    Red Corvette Member Posts: 114 Member
    edited December 2016 #12
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

A happy, warm, and safe Christmas and New Years from Mrs. Red and me to each and every one of you my wonderful  online  cancer board family. One good thing about Mrs. Red's cancer this past year is that we found you strong, caring, and honest ladies. God bless each and every one and let's all keep going forward in 2017!

Red

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    MAbound said:

Merry Christmas!

Pat, thankfully Brissance

Pat, thankfully Brissance (Peppermint Patty) is still alive but her cancer has come back (lungs, spleen and adrenal glands - her doctors are looking at maybe leukemia or spleen cancer) and it doesn't look good but she is trying to deal with it.  She told me, once she comes out of her funk she will be back to visit with us.  Right now she's doing the best she can through the holidays and will decide what to do once they're over.

Love,

Eldri

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited December 2016 #14
    Merry Christmas and Happy

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you!!  You have been my rock and sounding board for over a year and as Red Corvette said if there's anything good about cancer, it is all of you.

I have my quarterly oncology checkup on Wednesday and once I get through that, I will put a big "CLOSED" stamp on 2016.  

I wish all of you a great 2017 - may we all find that elusive fellow - NED!!

Love,

Eldri

• debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    Same here!

Merry Christmas everyone!  I'm always late...sigh!  Holding my own for now.  Cancer good(I think) heart so-so.  Several new quirks I havent figured out yet, but looking forward to the new year!  So, Happy New Year to everyone!  Praying for 2017 to be the year cancer is destroyed forever!  Love, Debrajo

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member

Pat, thankfully Brissance (Peppermint Patty) is still alive but her cancer has come back (lungs, spleen and adrenal glands - her doctors are looking at maybe leukemia or spleen cancer) and it doesn't look good but she is trying to deal with it.  She told me, once she comes out of her funk she will be back to visit with us.  Right now she's doing the best she can through the holidays and will decide what to do once they're over.

Love,

Eldri

Thanks for this detailed

Thanks for this detailed update, Eldri.  I had found her on Facebook, so knew she was still with us, but I had not gotten in contact with her.  This is hard news to hear. 

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Merry Christmas to everyone

Merry Christmas to everyone here! This board has been such a blessing. Here's hoping we all hav a wonderful new year!

• MAbound
    edited December 2016 #18

Love,

Eldri

Thanks

Thanks for sharing about Patti, Eldri, even though it's difficult to hear about what she's currently coping with. She went through so much this summer, I was really hoping that she would have had a more positive outcome as a result. If you talk to her again, tell her we haven't forgotten her and that we're all praying that the next step for her, whatever she decides, works and isn't as hard on her as the past rounds of chemo were. Stupid cancer!!! 

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited December 2016 #19
    Editgrl said:

Thanks for this detailed

Thanks for this detailed update, Eldri.  I had found her on Facebook, so knew she was still with us, but I had not gotten in contact with her.  This is hard news to hear. 

Very hard news to hear!

Very hard news to hear! Thanks for letting us know Eldri. Dang cancer!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    I hope everyone had a

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and/or Hannukkah celebration filled with good food, good friends and great memories. Here's to looking forward towards a healthier and happier 2017 for all of us!

• henhill
    henhill Member Posts: 123
    Best wishes to all for

Best wishes to all for CHristmas and a New Years filled with hope and good health.