update for a bronscosopy

namedropper
namedropper Member Posts: 102 Member
edited December 2016 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

Hi, now that they found breast cancer in the lymph node above my ear I have to get a advanced diagnostic broncosopy on Friday. It is called Super D.  Has anyone had this done? It is done in 3 D and there is a person there that can tell what kind of cancer it is while I am still on the table..  They test it at the time I am getting it done.   All of my doctors's  said that it could be from breast cancer or from MMMT uterine cancer.  They have had people that had both uterine and breast cancer.  I am not a happy camper. I go to the Cleveland Clinic so I know that I am in good hands but for a 75 year young lady that has RA and Sjogrens it is going to be hard.  I have to be there at 7am and the temp will be zero.  My son will take me since I don't have anyone else. He has been wonderful.   I will post on the weekend and let everybody what it is.   Any bets as to which cancer it is?  thanks for all of your kind remarks.  Sue 

Comments

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    edited December 2016 #2
    Prayers for you! I hope

Prayers for you! I hope whichever cancer it is it can be taken care of.

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    Sue, I've never heard of that

Sue, I've never heard of that test - super D, but it sounds great since you don't have to sit around waiting on pins and needles to know what's going on.  Glad you have your son to take you especially in that cold weather.  It's supposed to get really cold here in Green Bay too.

Please keep us updated - will be interesting to see what kind it is!

Love,

Eldri

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    Sue, I am so sorry that you

Sue, I am so sorry that you have to go through that test but it sounds like you are in really good hands. Good luck to you and let us know how it goes on Friday. We'll all be thinking of you! Kim

• Northwoodsgirl
    Northwoodsgirl Member Posts: 571
    edited December 2016 #5
    Super D

Sue, You are in good hands as the 3D is the most cutting edge imaging. Some facilities have 3 D tomography for breast mammography. It should produce images easier for the radiologist to read. Will keep you in my prayers! ((Hug)   

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Sue, will be waiting to hear

Sue, will be waiting to hear back from you. Have a safe drive in that cold weather and please let us know what you find out. I'm glad you have your son with you for support!  (I had a 3D mammogram in July. It didn't seem any different than the other kind from a procedure point of view.)

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    No waiting

No waiting sure sounds good.  I have had a 3-D mamogram twice now, but didn't get the results until later.  It is interesting the new technology that is out there.  I am glad you have your son to take to take you.  Traveling in that kind of weather is no fun, but I do like the early appointments.  Our weather is also supposed to end up in the deep freeze with below zero temps by the weekend.  Sending hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• cindy0519
    cindy0519 Member Posts: 173
    edited December 2016 #8
    Sending prayers! Waiting on

Sending prayers! Waiting on test results always, always, always....STINKS!

• namedropper
    Hi, everyone. I had to cancel

Hi, everyone. I had to cancel the broncospy for this week. We are getting a bad snow storm on Thurs and Friday so I moved it to next Weds and Thurs. I few  days won't matter I don't think.  I will send a update next week.

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    edited December 2016 #10
    Thanks namedropper for letting us know!

Good not to be out in the weather when you don't have to.  We'll continue the prayers and wait with you <3  (((HUGS)))

• tpiccin
    tpiccin Member Posts: 7 Member
    Hey all, I am new at

Hey all, I am new at commented but have been reading your stories for a good while.  I personally do not have cancer, but work as a cytotechnologist and have had many many family members with this awful disease.  I added a little about me to my page.  Anyways, I wanted to comment a little on what the "Super D" is about.  First, a specific CT scan is ordered usually by a pulmonologist.  Then, the pulmonologist will decide which pathway to take in order to reach the target (or tumor).  All of that info is saved on a jump drive and transferred to a machine which is similar to a GPS in cars.  The patient lays on a magnetic board and those sticky pads are placed on the the chest of the patient.  These allow the doctor to see where he/she is going when entering the lungs along with a particular leed that is used during the bronchoscopy.  The pulmonologist will navigate into the choosen pathway and try to get about 1 cm or less away from the target.  Fine needle aspirations (FNA), biopsies, brushings and washings can be done. As a cytotechnologist, I get called on these procedures to assess adequacy of specimens.  While I am not a doctor, I have gained the trust of these pulmonologists and our pathologists.  I am not permitted to call malignant or benign or infectious.  However, I can ask for more of the specimen for other testing that may be needed. 

If I can help out in anyway, I will try.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you all.

Thanks

Theresa 

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    edited December 2016 #12
    tpiccin said:

Hey all, I am new at

Hey all, I am new at commented but have been reading your stories for a good while.  I personally do not have cancer, but work as a cytotechnologist and have had many many family members with this awful disease.  I added a little about me to my page.  Anyways, I wanted to comment a little on what the "Super D" is about.  First, a specific CT scan is ordered usually by a pulmonologist.  Then, the pulmonologist will decide which pathway to take in order to reach the target (or tumor).  All of that info is saved on a jump drive and transferred to a machine which is similar to a GPS in cars.  The patient lays on a magnetic board and those sticky pads are placed on the the chest of the patient.  These allow the doctor to see where he/she is going when entering the lungs along with a particular leed that is used during the bronchoscopy.  The pulmonologist will navigate into the choosen pathway and try to get about 1 cm or less away from the target.  Fine needle aspirations (FNA), biopsies, brushings and washings can be done. As a cytotechnologist, I get called on these procedures to assess adequacy of specimens.  While I am not a doctor, I have gained the trust of these pulmonologists and our pathologists.  I am not permitted to call malignant or benign or infectious.  However, I can ask for more of the specimen for other testing that may be needed. 

If I can help out in anyway, I will try.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you all.

Thanks

Theresa 

Thanks for sharing that

Thanks for sharing that information, Theresa. It was very informative.

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Theresa, thanks for posting

Theresa, thanks for posting and being interested in what us patients have to deal with. I wish more in the medical profession would read some of the postings. It may help them be better caregivers. I am lucky to have great doctors and nurses but so many have had horror stories.

• derMaus
    derMaus Member Posts: 558 Member
    That's very interesting, and

That's very interesting, and I really appreciate hearing from another perspective. Will look forward to seeing your update on your page.

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    edited December 2016 #15
    Thanks, Theresa.

Your sharing of that information is much appreciated.

• DrienneB
    DrienneB Member Posts: 182
    THANKS!!

I too appreciate this, Theresa.

-jane

• DrienneB
    DrienneB Member Posts: 182

Hi, everyone. I had to cancel

Hi, everyone. I had to cancel the broncospy for this week. We are getting a bad snow storm on Thurs and Friday so I moved it to next Weds and Thurs. I few  days won't matter I don't think.  I will send a update next week.

Prayers for you Sue

Can not guess about the cancer, but wishing you peace as they and you slay one dragon or another.

-j

• namedropper
    Thanks Theresa for the

Thanks Theresa for the information and thanks to everyone else for your comments.   Only a few more days and I will know whaat is going on.

• tpiccin
    tpiccin Member Posts: 7 Member
    edited December 2016 #19
    You all are so very welcome. 

You all are so very welcome.  I am just suprised more medical professionals dont take the time to see how patients are affected and all they have to go through.  My heart goes out to you all. 

• namedropper
    edited December 2016 #20
    Hi, I had my broncosopy today

Hi, I had my broncosopy today and it went well so far but I have to wait and tell them I get a fever. They did biopsy by needle and by taking a piece and they did a wash but they have to send it to their lab to see if it is Breast cancer that I had in 2012  or MMMT that was found in 2014.  They said it would be 5 to 7 days and I know that they work over the Holidays too so all I can do is wait. Thanks again for your HUGS and PRAYERS.    I wish all of you a HAPPY HOLIDAY.

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    edited December 2016 #21
    Waiting

is so very hard, especially over a holiday.  I am glad it went well and hope it will bring good results for you.  Sending hugs and prayers, Lou Ann