New Here

Comments

• Noelle2016
    Noelle2016 Member Posts: 18
    Found

I have prayed that if there is anything that needs further investigation that things would fall into place to guide me onward. This afternoon I was talking with a lady that I  work with. We were talking about some female issues and  she told me that she loves her Gyn Doc and then, out of the clear blue, she said that if she ever has female troubles shes covered because he also does oncology. I was speechless because I had not even told her that I was hoping to find someone who could point me to a trusted Gyn/Onc (Surgeon). I am planning to give his office a call tomorrow. He practices at St. Als here in Boise.

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    Answered Prayers/ Open Doors

That is a wonderful testimony to answered prayers and walking through the next open door as I've come to think of it!  Thank you for sharing that!!!  (((HUGS)))

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member

Found

I have prayed that if there is anything that needs further investigation that things would fall into place to guide me onward. This afternoon I was talking with a lady that I  work with. We were talking about some female issues and  she told me that she loves her Gyn Doc and then, out of the clear blue, she said that if she ever has female troubles shes covered because he also does oncology. I was speechless because I had not even told her that I was hoping to find someone who could point me to a trusted Gyn/Onc (Surgeon). I am planning to give his office a call tomorrow. He practices at St. Als here in Boise.

Answered prayers

so glad you found someone.  I will bet it is the right someone.  God has you in His hands.

Hugs nd prayers, Lou Ann

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited December 2016 #25
    That is great news, Noel!!!

That is great news, Noel!!!  I hope this gives you some peace of mind.  I had to fight just to get an endometrial biopsy but I sure am glad I kept fighting.

Love,

Eldri

• lyn347
    lyn347 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2016 #26
    new here

Hello Everyone, I'm a  68 year old breast ca survivor , 37 years  post surgery. Had a few spots of blood early October after being well past menopause. GYN did fractional d/c biopsy. Pathology came back carcinosarcoma of uterus. Cervix  came back ok. Colonoscopy back in May was ok. Now I see a GYN/oncol Tuesday. I feel fine had no more spotting but I am scared witless. I'm told this is an aggressive beast but there doesn't seem to be much understandable info on it. Just praying it has not spread.

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    lyn347 said:

new here

Hello Everyone, I'm a  68 year old breast ca survivor , 37 years  post surgery. Had a few spots of blood early October after being well past menopause. GYN did fractional d/c biopsy. Pathology came back carcinosarcoma of uterus. Cervix  came back ok. Colonoscopy back in May was ok. Now I see a GYN/oncol Tuesday. I feel fine had no more spotting but I am scared witless. I'm told this is an aggressive beast but there doesn't seem to be much understandable info on it. Just praying it has not spread.

Hi Lyn, I am so sorry to hear

Hi Lyn, I am so sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis. I and a few others here were also diagnosed with uterine carcinosarcoma and are still here to fight another day. Please know that you are not alone and that everyone here understands the fear you are feeling right now. We will support you in whatever way you need. Feel free to lean on us. Wishing you comfort and strength, Kim

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    edited December 2016 #28
    Hi lyn, wanted to welcom you

Hi lyn, wanted to welcom you to this wonderful group that of course no one wants to belong to. I too was diagnosed with uterine carcinosarcoma back in may 2006.  It is an agressive cancer yet there are many in this group who are doing well after treatment.  I just Got  done with chemotherapy and internal radiation back on Nov. 3rd.  and am glad.   Im sorry you have to deal with this darn cancer but you came to the right place.  This group has helped me soo much and i believe it can for you too.  I made it through treatments and so far getting back to my life i had before for the most part.  I am 44 and also survived another cancer  24 years ago(Hodgkins Lymphoma).  Im glad you have an appointment on tuesday with a gynoclogical oncoligist.  I hope you let us know how it goes. 

Lots of love, Janae

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    lyn347 said:

new here

Hi, Linda

Welcome to the Club no one wants to belong to.  You have found a wonderful group of ladies here.  This is a great place,for information, support and advice.  You can ask anything and someone will,probably have and answer.  Come here to rant when you need to.  We have all been there.  You have conquered cancer once, you can do it again.  You have the strength to,do,this.  Take everything one day at a time.

Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• Nellasing
    Welcome Lyn

So sorry to see you are having this come into your life- you've already been through so much.  Good news is that hopefully there has been some forward progress and things will go smoothly for you.  Glad you will have that mtg and answer soon.

Please come back and let us walk along with you- you can already see some of the amazing ladies and their stories showing up and there will be others along soon.   (((HUGS)))

• Noelle2016
    Welcome Lyn

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this difficulty. I can really relate to the fear of the unknown! The ladies here are very kind to give feedback and encouragement. I too am new since this November. I did have spotting which led to a negative endometrial biopsy but am pursuing a sencond opinion. I have an appointment scheduled with a Gyn/Onc on Monday Dec. 12. I will let you all know how it turns out. Lyn, please know that I am praying with you that it has not spread.

Warmest Regards,

• Noelle2016
    Thoughts and Prayers

I havent posted in awhile. I saw the Gyn/Onc for the first time in mid December as I was still having either a watery or a rust colored discharge post endometrial biopsy done by an Obstetrical NP. The Gyn/Onc reviewed my endo biopsy results with me and said that I should feel confident that the negative result was accurate. I pushed him on it a bit and he said lets wait and watch until after the Holidays and I agreed. I have continued to have the same two types of discharge and some pain and cramping occasionally. Last Monday I actually had some small spots of blood which is the first of that since this past Oct. I had my second appointment with the Gyn/Onc late last week and he did not hesitate to schedule a D & C based on my symptoms. I was so relieved!!! That is scheduled for Thursday February 2. I am a bit scared of the procedure itself and of course awaiting the results. I hope you gals will keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I have been keeping you all in mine.

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    edited January 2017 #33
    D&C

Good luck on your procedure and praying for good news. From my experience D&C a piece of cake (they put you out) compared to endometrial biopsy (ouch!). I don't know why they even do them. They hurt and give very limited info. 

• Nellasing
    You got it Noelle2016

We'll be holding you in our thoughts and prayers and waiting to hear with you.  You'll do great!  (((HUGS)))

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    I agree with CQ.... My D&C

I agree with CQ.... My D&C was easy as well. I would much rather have that than deal with them sampling my tissue with me awake! Good luck and we will all  send you loads of support. Please come back and let us know how you are doing!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Yes, your d+c should be fine.

Yes, your d+c should be fine. It was no problem for me. My gynecologist couldn't 

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    edited January 2017 #37
    Sorry i was cut off she

Sorry i was cut off she couldn't even successfully get an endometrial biopsy.

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    I agree with the others. My d

I agree with the others. My d&c was a relatively simple procedure. That's also how they finally found the cancer but at least it was at an early stage. Good luck on Thursday and let us know how it goes. Kim

• Noelle2016
    Much Better Procedure

I am post D&C now and I agree that it was a piece of cake compared to the enometrial biopsy. My Doctor told me I should hear the pathology results by Monday or Tuesday. I am resting and recovering (doing quite well today) and trying to think good thoughts. Thank you all for your willingness to share and for your encouragement and prayers.

• Nellasing
    edited February 2017 #40
    Noelle2016

This is great news- so glad it went well for you and was better than you expected and that you are feeling quite well today- can't ask for more than that after a proceedure right?!  We'll be holding those good thoughts and prayers out for your results next week.  Glad you are trying to stay in a good place- enjoy your weekend.  Thank you for letting us know!!!  (((HUGS)))

• Noelle2016

Ladies~ I am happy to say that the D & C results are negative for pre-cancer or cancer cells. I am feeling pretty good after the procedure and I am glad I am on this end of the whole mess! There is still no answer to what has been causing the PMB which leaves me slightly nervous but I just have to trust that I have done my thorough best for myself. I still have to report any PMB from 1 month post D & C forward. The Doctor said that sometimes a tumor can be in the uterine wall and won't show up unless a hysterectomy is done. Have any of you heard of this? For now, I am going to feel confident with the results from the D & C. Hugs and Prayers to you all.