scared, lung nodule, ct scan not good...

SO, Long story short i went to er for something totally unrelated and found out i have a nodule on my right lower lung..

they sent me for another cat scan with contrast, and it said i have a 1.7cm pulmonary nodule on lower right lobe demonstrating irregular marginsand central lucency suspicious for cavitation. this nodule has features which are suspicious for malignancy, including the irregular margins and internal lucency and further evaluation with PET/CT and biopsy needed.

i go to lung center tomorrow, i am freaking out, i am only 28 year old. i just had a baby last year which makes my 3rd kid :( im scared.

i know cancer dont discriminate and knows no age i am just trying to make sense of all of this? any input from anyone would be great, thank you

Comments

• z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited September 2016 #2
    Shanna

I had a lung nodule in my lower right lobe.  It started at 7mm, so the plan was to rescan in 2 months to see if it grew, well it did, it grew to 1.1 cm.  I had to have my lower right lobe removed on 9-23-10.  I was a stage 1a NOMO.  So far so good.

Remember its not cancer until its biopsied, and if it is cancer it has been found very early and there are many treatment options.

I wish you well and keep us posted.  Lori

-

• shanna62188
    shanna62188 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2016 #3
    z said:

Shanna

I had a lung nodule in my lower right lobe.  It started at 7mm, so the plan was to rescan in 2 months to see if it grew, well it did, it grew to 1.1 cm.  I had to have my lower right lobe removed on 9-23-10.  I was a stage 1a NOMO.  So far so good.

Remember its not cancer until its biopsied, and if it is cancer it has been found very early and there are many treatment options.

I wish you well and keep us posted.  Lori

-

Thank you for the reply? Why

Thank you for the reply? Why wait to see if it would grow? Did it not look suspicious? I go to lung center tomorrow so I'm hoping he will plan a biopsy asap

• z
    shanna

When a nodule is so small, its very difficult to get a biopsy on it.  Sometimes they just go away.  I had a nodule in my left lung that upon rescan did just go away.  So the protocol when they are so small is to rescan.  At 1.7 cm they should be able to get a biopsy on the nodule.  Also infections in the lung can come and go and appear to be cancer.  I wish you good luck tomorrow.

• shanna62188
    shanna62188 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2016 #5
    z said:

shanna

When a nodule is so small, its very difficult to get a biopsy on it.  Sometimes they just go away.  I had a nodule in my left lung that upon rescan did just go away.  So the protocol when they are so small is to rescan.  At 1.7 cm they should be able to get a biopsy on the nodule.  Also infections in the lung can come and go and appear to be cancer.  I wish you good luck tomorrow.

Well, will be seeing suregoun

Well, will be seeing suregoun by the end of the week, he wants it removed. 

• z
    shanna

That sounds good to be.  Best chance for a total cure.  I didn't have chemo or radiation because it was a 1anomo.  good luck to you, I hope its not cancer but if it is it is caught very early.