Cancer, the fun never ends

Soup52
Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member

Well, I know this isn't about uterine cancer, but I must vent... My husband was just diagnosed with prostate cancer yesterday. Yes, I know this isn't an uncommon occurrence and many have it with a long life, but of course his is an agressive type. Also, he has had very low psa numbers so that is not how it was found. My family has been punished enough. Cancers for both of us and a daughter who had kidney disease and a transplant. Ahhh!!

Comments

• Diya
    Diya Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2016 #2
    Oh no! I am so sorry to hear

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this. Cancer once in a family is terrible enough! This makes it so much harder!! We have had 3 people with cancer in my family. I can fully understand what must be going through your mind. Sending you love and hugs and prayers that you and your husband both get through this and conquer it!

• beccabtown
    beccabtown Member Posts: 234
    edited September 2016 #3
    I'm so sorry to hear this,

I'm so sorry to hear this, Soup. Wishing all the best to your husband and family.

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    edited September 2016 #4
    So very , very sorry.

So very , very sorry.  Sending prayers for your family.  One thing, you are stonger than you think and you will make it through this too.

Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited September 2016 #5
    !!

Well that just sucks! You're a strong person to have gone through so much already with such grace as you have; so this feels so unfair. Give your husband a hug from me and know that if he or you need to vent somewhere as you deal with this next challenge, we'll be here for you both. Hang in there! (As if you have a choice! :-()

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited September 2016 #6
    Sorry for the news Soup!  I

Sorry for the news Soup!  I hope your husband's treatments are tolerable for him. Like the others have said, you will both get through this. There is nothing fair about cancer!! Darn it. Please let us know how he is doing. And come back and vent any time!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    I'm so sorry, Soup!!  It's

I'm so sorry, Soup!!  It's hard enough to deal with our own cancer but I think it's worse when someone we love has it.  Our daughter had cancer when she was a teenager and that was much worse to deal with than me having it.  Vent away; we're here to listen (((Soup))).

Love,

Eldri

• LindyLu
    LindyLu Member Posts: 72
    Can't even imagine...

Dear Soup, so sorry to hear!  You've had a plateful of stuff dealt to you.  I can't even imagine what you are going through.  Hugs to you both and your to family!

~LL 

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    edited September 2016 #9
    Soup, please know i will be

Soup, please know i will be thinking and praying for you.  It is hard enough to take care of ourselves during this time.  I do feel in my heart there will be a way to do the things the two of you need to do.  I cant remember if you have extended family and kids around, but with me being single, i have found great help with them.  I have had to ask for things i never thought i would have to but im so glad they have been there. 

Lots of love, janae

• brissance
    brissance Member Posts: 192
    edited September 2016 #10
    Darn

Ahh darn it Soup, I so agree with you, this is totally unfair.  No rhyme or reason to the whole cosmic cancer experience.  (At least we don't understand it)  You have been through so much now to deal with this new crisis.  I think I know you well enough to know you will reluctantly accept the new normal and bolster your family to fight on yet another front.  You all will overcome.  You certainly have my as well as all your compatriots here prayers and good wishes and we are cheering for you.  Anytime you need to vent, feel free.  We love you and pray for all good things for you and your family.  

God bless....   Patty

• rcdeman
    rcdeman Member Posts: 263 Member
    edited September 2016 #11
    So sorry that you have to

So sorry that you have to experience this again. :( Please be strong. Prayers to your whole family,

Rebecca

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Aw, Soup

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this.  My BF was diagnosed with prostate cancer two years ago December, also an aggressive type.  At least you are somewhat prepared to deal with all the decisions that have to be made and the consequences of those decisions having dealt with your own cancer.  No, it still doesn't seem fair, and my thoughts and best wishes go to the both of you.  You'll survive this and come out stronger.

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    edited September 2016 #13
    Thank you everyone! I love

Thank you everyone! I love you all! Fortunately my husband is taking it well as he can. That's kind of our attitude. Might as well get on with it. I know many of you have been through similar circumstance, so I know we can do it. Yes, we have family and many wonderful friends here who will be a great support. Once again thanks so much for letting me vent.

• giggs100
    giggs100 Member Posts: 91 Member
    So sorry to hear this

My prayers, thoughts and best wishes go out to you and your family.

Jerri

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    edited September 2016 #15
    So sorry

My husband had/has prostate cancer diagnosed in 2013.  He, too, had had low PSAs and they weren't doing them anymore (why?).  He had to ask for one.  It was 40!  My husband is 72 and will likely not die from prostate cancer although "they" think it probably had metastasized, because of the positive biopsies in all cores and the high PSA level.  I get the impression that your husband is young and has an aggressive cancer.  PM me if you wish. 

Suzanne

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    Oh no! I am so very sorry to hear that!

Oh no! I am so very sorry to hear that! Please know that I am praying for all of you to have the strength and stamina to beat back the beast again. Hang in there and let him know that we are rooting for him. Kim