*profiles and posts * alert

foxhd
foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member

That was catchy huh? I just want to remind people to keep your profiles updated. Brief health history. It is frustrating to read a post and have quick background check reveal nothing. Those without updates may be missing out from proper feedback. I know that I see so many new people I can't keep everyones concerns in perspective. I know my issues at 5 years out have little interest to newbies worried about having a scar after nephrectomy. And vice-versa. Thanks. We need to do this every few months, huh, Morosa?

Comments

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited August 2016 #2
    YES SIR!!

YES SIR!!

If they are like me, I never knew or remembered to do a profile, to befriend others or that we even had DM=direct message email.

Thanks for the reminder Foxy!

Hugs, Jan

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Right on Fox

Fox and I each speak to different members of the club. He speaks to those dealing with complications and is an inspiration for us all. I mainly speak to the newbies who have just heard the C word for the first time and are told that they are going to take (yank) out your Kidney at the same time. Each of us needs to know a little about you so that we can respond appropriately to your concerns and not Kidney Cancer generically. So lets fill out our profiles so those responding can help you as much as possible. 

Icemantoo

• rhominator
    rhominator Member Posts: 233 Member
    edited August 2016 #4
    Thanks for reminders

Thanks fox for the reminders to join and participate in the discussion. It wasn't for one of your messages like this one last year I would still be a reader and not a contributor.  Thanks again.  I think these reminders go a long way towards making this such an active and useful board.

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited September 2016 #5
    It really helps

And its not a chore. It helped me to show someone the different meds I've had over the years when they wanted to know. Writing calmly about your history is also kinda therapeutic.

So please, take a minnute