update hair comming out

Comments

• giggs100
    giggs100 Member Posts: 91 Member
    LOL Eldri you are so funny

Eldri where do you come up with these ideas.   After I read your funny posts the first thing that pops into my mind is your dog running with the wig in his mouth.   Gads girl thanks for the laughs and smiles.   I am surprised my husband doesn't come in the computer room and ask me what I am laughing about.  I remember when my hair was falling out I stopped in at Cost Cutters and asked the girl to shave the rest of it off as I was tired of cleaning the floor in the bathroom.  The idea or thought of my hair falling out didn't ever really bother me as I thought if I can get to NED sure would be worth the loss of my hair.  But it is surprising me how long it is taking to grow back.   It is doing so but not near as fast as I would like.  I have advanced from the scarves I would wear when going out of the house to a baseball cap.   Was just getting too warm with a scarf.  My hair color is dark gray to white in spots.  Don't necessarily like this look as I colored my hair before the loss.  Can't hardly wait for it to grow out so I can get my fake color back.   LOL

But you are sure right it is easier to take care of this way.

Love,

Jerri

• debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    guess I'm weird....

When mine started coming out, I just took strands and pulled it out!  Didn't hurt, it was quick, and cheap(husband doesn't believe in spending money on hair dressers
    ).  I have only been to one beauty shop in my life, when I was 15, so pulling it out seemed ok to me!  Debra

• giggs100
    edited July 2016 #24
    Hair dresser

I explained to the hair dresser why I was asking to get my hair completely cut off.  After hair cut was done she said I had a very nice shaped head and we went over to the check in desk and I asked what I owed her and she said "Nothing".  I thanked her very much and gave her a nice tip as I was glad I wouldn't be cleaning hair up from the bathroom floor. 

Jerri

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    edited July 2016 #25
    I read that same old post of

I read that same old post of Edri's about her dog having her wig out of her house.  It helped me to laugh that day.  It was while my hair was falling out too.  Thanks Edri for your funny story.

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited July 2016 #26
    giggs100 said:

LOL Eldri you are so funny

Eldri where do you come up with these ideas.   After I read your funny posts the first thing that pops into my mind is your dog running with the wig in his mouth.   Gads girl thanks for the laughs and smiles.   I am surprised my husband doesn't come in the computer room and ask me what I am laughing about.  I remember when my hair was falling out I stopped in at Cost Cutters and asked the girl to shave the rest of it off as I was tired of cleaning the floor in the bathroom.  The idea or thought of my hair falling out didn't ever really bother me as I thought if I can get to NED sure would be worth the loss of my hair.  But it is surprising me how long it is taking to grow back.   It is doing so but not near as fast as I would like.  I have advanced from the scarves I would wear when going out of the house to a baseball cap.   Was just getting too warm with a scarf.  My hair color is dark gray to white in spots.  Don't necessarily like this look as I colored my hair before the loss.  Can't hardly wait for it to grow out so I can get my fake color back.   LOL

But you are sure right it is easier to take care of this way.

Love,

Jerri

I was debating about getting

I was debating about getting mine colored again or leave the white.  I was a really pale (fake) blonde but my hair grows really fast, or at least it did BC (before cancer).  I had to get it done every four weeks or so.  I'd rather spend the money on a massage or take up a new hobby like cigar smoking....just kidding.  By the way I go for my second massage on Tuesday.  My hubby bought me a gift certificate for five massages and I'm going to make good use of them.  I felt so much better after the last one.  The massage therapist I have is an older lady who specializes in cancer patients.  She even says she works on people's stomach problems related to their treatment.  I feel comfortable with her too.

Love,

Eldri

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member

I was debating about getting mine colored again or leave the white.  I was a really pale (fake) blonde but my hair grows really fast, or at least it did BC (before cancer).  I had to get it done every four weeks or so.  I'd rather spend the money on a massage or take up a new hobby like cigar smoking....just kidding.  By the way I go for my second massage on Tuesday.  My hubby bought me a gift certificate for five massages and I'm going to make good use of them.  I felt so much better after the last one.  The massage therapist I have is an older lady who specializes in cancer patients.  She even says she works on people's stomach problems related to their treatment.  I feel comfortable with her too.

Love,

Eldri

Eldri, I have been debating

Eldri, I have been debating about getting my old color back as well. But, I'm hesitant to do so since we had so many chemicals thrown at us already. I think I'm going to wait a while still. And, by the way... people pay good money to get their hair your color! The white is really pretty. :-)

Also, this new virgin hair is so soft. I do enjoy that part of all of this. And, I like the curls too. Just not the color so much...

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    edited July 2016 #28
    debrajo said:

guess I'm weird....

When mine started coming out, I just took strands and pulled it out!  Didn't hurt, it was quick, and cheap(husband doesn't believe in spending money on hair dressers
    ).  I have only been to one beauty shop in my life, when I was 15, so pulling it out seemed ok to me!  Debra

Debrajo - you must have a

Debrajo - you must have a much tougher scalp than I do. OUCH!!!!!

• brissance
    brissance Member Posts: 192
    Eldri You Foxy Lady

Why mess w/ perfection.  That white hair makes you look like a "hot mamma".  I for one love it.  Hope mine comes in the same color.  You go girlfriend!!

• brissance
    brissance Member Posts: 192

Eldri, I have been debating

Eldri, I have been debating about getting my old color back as well. But, I'm hesitant to do so since we had so many chemicals thrown at us already. I think I'm going to wait a while still. And, by the way... people pay good money to get their hair your color! The white is really pretty. :-)

Also, this new virgin hair is so soft. I do enjoy that part of all of this. And, I like the curls too. Just not the color so much...

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

Bet it Looks Cool

Cindi, go to one of those stylist that will put different shades around your face and see which you like the best.  I bet you don't even realize how awesome you look now.  I envy you...   all I have is freckled skin and some fine fuzz..   I swear I am going to tatoo a smiley face on the back of my noggin' or maybe Kilroy was here pearing over the top of my head.

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    brissance said:

Bet it Looks Cool

Cindi, go to one of those stylist that will put different shades around your face and see which you like the best.  I bet you don't even realize how awesome you look now.  I envy you...   all I have is freckled skin and some fine fuzz..   I swear I am going to tatoo a smiley face on the back of my noggin' or maybe Kilroy was here pearing over the top of my head.

Now THAT I want to see a

Now THAT I want to see a picture of!!!!  

Love,

Eldri

• beccabtown
    beccabtown Member Posts: 234
    I've been pulling a lot of

I've been pulling a lot of mine out, too, so there's not so much all over the place. I thought I would still need to have it shaved later but maybe I won't.

I haven't colored mine since I was diagnosed with cancer, and I don't expect to go back to coloring it--I suppose that's part of some deeper change in how I see myself. I had wanted to stop coloring it for a while but wasn't quite ready to have the world see me that way. For the past couple of months I've had this awful two-tone effect as the color grew out, but I was preoccupied with other things, so I haven't even really cared. Now when it comes back in it will be clean, white, and natural.

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    I was able to pull a lot of

I was able to pull a lot of my hair out without pain and then I had a buzz. Now mine is starting to come in with much more white than I ever had before. If my new hair will stay which I'm not sure yet, I will probably color it again. Time will tell....

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member

Love,

Eldri

Stay Grey!

My opinion is stay natural, Eldri!  You look lovely and you don't want all those nasty hair chemicals!

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    edited July 2016 #35

Now THAT I want to see a

Now THAT I want to see a picture of!!!!  

Love,

Eldri

Me too Patty!

I want to see a picture of that!!! Hey, maybe you can start a trend for bald chemo patients.

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789

I've been pulling a lot of

I've been pulling a lot of mine out, too, so there's not so much all over the place. I thought I would still need to have it shaved later but maybe I won't.

I haven't colored mine since I was diagnosed with cancer, and I don't expect to go back to coloring it--I suppose that's part of some deeper change in how I see myself. I had wanted to stop coloring it for a while but wasn't quite ready to have the world see me that way. For the past couple of months I've had this awful two-tone effect as the color grew out, but I was preoccupied with other things, so I haven't even really cared. Now when it comes back in it will be clean, white, and natural.

Scarf tips

Hi Becca, your scarf looks great! I wore scarves almost exclusively during treatment (I'm 6-weeks out from treatment now and have decided to go au naturel). There are a ton of instructional videos on how to tie scarves but my favorites are from www.wrapunzelblog.com. Also, I always wore a little cap or headband under my scarves so that they would stay put and create additional volume. Have fun with your scarves and let me know if you have any questions about them!

• giggs100
    I think I'm with you Soup

I do love the feel of the softness of my new hair (what I have of it).  Maybe I'll take the daisy petal test (pull one petal out and say Color IT and pull another one out and say Leave It the way it is) Naaaaaaaaaa that doesn't work for me I think coloring will win that tug of war.

• beccabtown
    beccabtown Member Posts: 234
    Kvdyson said:

Scarf tips

Hi Becca, your scarf looks great! I wore scarves almost exclusively during treatment (I'm 6-weeks out from treatment now and have decided to go au naturel). There are a ton of instructional videos on how to tie scarves but my favorites are from www.wrapunzelblog.com. Also, I always wore a little cap or headband under my scarves so that they would stay put and create additional volume. Have fun with your scarves and let me know if you have any questions about them!

Thanks! I think I found some

Thanks! I think I found some of the same videos online. You look great in your new profile pic!

• Moped7946
    Moped7946 Member Posts: 40 Member
    edited July 2016 #39
    Mine started falling out today....

I have had one treatment (Carbo/Taxol) so far...everything is going very well...but it caught me off guard a little to suddenly see a LOT of hair in my brush....hair on my neck...it's like OKAY then....the s*** is about to get REAL...and what hair is left on my head feels really weird...my scalp feels weird...it's like I can feel air blowing on it...especially in the car with the A/C on...read somewhere that for some people it just all comes out at once...not sure I believe that but MAN that would be bizarre if ya just sneezed really hard and KABLOOEY....:p

• Moped7946
    Moped7946 Member Posts: 40 Member
    Maybe I should just vacuum my head when I get home?

Wonder if anyone else has thought about that or actually done it?

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    Moped7946 said:

Maybe I should just vacuum my head when I get home?

Wonder if anyone else has thought about that or actually done it?

Duct tape works, too

Moped7946, now that's a good idea - I never thought of that one! After buzz-cutting mine, I used duct tape and a sticky lint roller the first time then just shaved it off the second time. I was worried about in-grown hairs from the shaving but didn't experience any. It seems to be coming in the same this time (thank goodness!).