Feeling anxious

hardo718
hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member

Today I finally have my appointment with my new kidney cancer doc.  I had my CT scan in May, but it has taken me a while to actually get my appt scheduled.  I did get my results the day after my CT, and very happy to say Uncle NED had visited me.  Thank God. 

My surgeon left the practice and moved to Colorado (from Illinois), and stated at the time he was leaving me in capable hands.  Nevertheless, I'm feeling pretty uptight about it all today, since they consider me a "new patient".  The nurse gave me the impression he may order some further testing.  Surprised

Donna~

Comments

• Spivey88
    Spivey88 Member Posts: 43
    Good luck

Totally normal to feel anxious with a new doctor.  I would appreciate the further testing to just make sure everything looks good.  yay for NED!!  Good luck and keep us updated on how you like the doctor!

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    Some further testing? Did

Some further testing? Did they explain what for? Perhaps to earn some money on these tests? You are fine, you are NED! Why overtesting?

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    Maybe...

Maybe this is a second career for the physician, who wants to be sure you've met all the requirements under the No Child (Patient_) Left Behind Act?  Could even be the GRE.  Be sure to bring several (sharpened) #2 pencils to the appointment with you. 

Jerzy

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Whew, glad that's over

As my surgeon had suggested, I really liked this guy.  And since I worked so many years in healthcare, I'm a tough cookie.  He was very thorough.  He did want a chest x-ray in addition to the CT I'd had in May, based on my history and the fact that my youngest brother died from lung cancer at age 50 back in 2010.  My primary didn't want to order it at the time because she wasn't sure it was needed.  He also wanted a urine specimen.  Happy to report, all was normal. 

What a relief!  Don't need to return for 2 years.

Donna~  Smile

• Spivey88
    Spivey88 Member Posts: 43
    Yay!

AWESOME news!!!!  No relax and enjoy :)

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    nice Donna.

Each "new" doctor wants to be certain about the "old" doctors findings and add his stamp of approval to your care. Good for you.

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    hardo718 said:

Whew, glad that's over

As my surgeon had suggested, I really liked this guy.  And since I worked so many years in healthcare, I'm a tough cookie.  He was very thorough.  He did want a chest x-ray in addition to the CT I'd had in May, based on my history and the fact that my youngest brother died from lung cancer at age 50 back in 2010.  My primary didn't want to order it at the time because she wasn't sure it was needed.  He also wanted a urine specimen.  Happy to report, all was normal. 

What a relief!  Don't need to return for 2 years.

Donna~  Smile

Happy dancing for and with you.

I'm happy dancing for you and with you. Glad to know the physician is just being attentive and careful. Woot!

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,041 Member
    From one Donna to another

Glad the news is great.  Had my new Dr. not ordered extra tests, such as a UA and the Ultrasound, I wouldn't be writing this letter.

In hindsight, I really didn't like the PC I'd had for 3 years; and after he left, I heard lots of not good things about him.  Glad he's up the River-Columbia, that is, so his wife can be closer to her family.

donna_lee