Revlimid

Can anyone share with me their personal experience using Revlimid for Follicular Non Hodgkin Lymphoma.  I’m especially interested in the side effects. This is my third relapse in six years and my doctor says to only expect a 30-40% success rate and the side effects as he describes them are nasty. Going back to chemo and radiation is not an option. I am self employed with two businesses and my ability to get out and about and stay active is paramount to my happiness and well being. Thank you for sharing any personal experiences you have had using Revlimid.

Comments

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,812 Member
    Not yet

Alan,

I have not heard Revlimid discussed here before.  See the link below for side-effect information.  Apparantly the drug works by preventing blood vessel growth in new tumors.   Sorry you are in this tough fight and third relapse.  I hope if anyone has used this med they will share soon, and I hope it works well for you,

max

http://chemocare.com/chemotherapy/drug-info/Revlimid.aspx

• Alan1027
    Alan1027 Member Posts: 6

Not yet

Alan,

I have not heard Revlimid discussed here before.  See the link below for side-effect information.  Apparantly the drug works by preventing blood vessel growth in new tumors.   Sorry you are in this tough fight and third relapse.  I hope if anyone has used this med they will share soon, and I hope it works well for you,

max

http://chemocare.com/chemotherapy/drug-info/Revlimid.aspx

Thanks Max, my hematologist explained that Revlimid has been used extensively for multiple myeloma.  Studies done since 2014 show it also to be effective with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. As you know cancer treatments can be brutal, it would be interesting to hear other people’s experiences before starting the program. Take care.

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,812 Member
    edited June 2016 #4
    Effects

It seems the most serious potential side-effects mostly relate to blood counts and electrolites, along with (often related) digestive-gasto issues.  Water consumption seems critical, but I am gathering this only from the link.

Revlimid does not seem to cause known cardio or respiratory issues, at least not yet (sometimes learning of damaging side-effects is gathered only years or decades later).   Good luck with it, and it seems probable someone who has used it will spot your request for sharing soon.

max