Lung Met Radiation was a Success!

JanJan63
JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member

I got my results from the CT scan I had over a week ago. My lung mets are gone. Blasted into oblivion by radiation. He described it as a great success. However, I have to have another CT scan in 3 months and then 6 months and then a year, etc. And apparently I have fluid in the lung which is normal. I didn't even know it was there so we're not going to treat it. Eventually it gets absorbed by the body. What a relief.

The third spot that they said wasn't a met seems to have grown a tiny bit so they want to keep an eye on that, too. It's closer to the esophagus so would be tougher to treat if they have to. Keeping my fingers crossed regarding that one.

Jan

Comments

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    Woo Hoo!

Congrats!

Easyflip/Richard

• JanJan63
    Easyflip said:

Woo Hoo!

Congrats!

Easyflip/Richard

Thank you!

Thank you!

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited June 2016 #4
    :)

Glad to hear they kicked that suckers butt :)  

• JanJan63
    edited June 2016 #5
    NewHere said:

:)

Glad to hear they kicked that suckers butt :)  

Thanks! I wanted to share it

Thanks! I wanted to share it in case it's helpful to anyone else.

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    It's helpful to me to hear it

It's helpful to me to hear it turned out well for you Jan, Congratulations!

• DD3
    DD3 Member Posts: 136 Member
    Awesome

Congrats!!!!

• lizard44
    lizard44 Member Posts: 409 Member
    edited June 2016 #8
    Great news!

So happy for you, and will be keeping my fingers crossed with you on the third spot!

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Yipee!

It's great to hear some good news for a change. Awesome news!

Lin

• JanJan63
    Thanks everyone! He wouldn't

Thanks everyone! He wouldn't say that I'm NED until a couple more Cts but I'm feeling pretty good about it all. I think people should know that this ppinpoint radiation is an option rather than surgery for lung mets. There are other options like ablation but it's good to know what seems to work and what doesn't. Much less invasive than surgery, too.

Jan

• BillO60
    BillO60 Member Posts: 72
    edited June 2016 #11
    JanJan63 said:

Thanks everyone! He wouldn't

Thanks everyone! He wouldn't say that I'm NED until a couple more Cts but I'm feeling pretty good about it all. I think people should know that this ppinpoint radiation is an option rather than surgery for lung mets. There are other options like ablation but it's good to know what seems to work and what doesn't. Much less invasive than surgery, too.

Jan

Very Good News.. and helpful

Hi Jan,

Congratulations! and glad the news has been good. 

Also, thank you for posting this.  It was perfect timing.

I just recevied a report from a CT Scan from a week ago that showed 3 probable liver mets and 1 probable lung mets.  I'd known the liver mets were likely and had discussed ablation with the oncologist.  Didn't know anything about the lung mets (which he didn't mention) until I got my hands on the report this morning.

So, this was very helpful to me. Thank you again and may your recovery continue unabated.

Bill

• JanJan63
    Bill, I hope they're able to

Bill, I hope they're able to zap the little buggers out of you, too, or do some other form of getting rid of them. What I find interesting and a little disturbing is that if I wasn't on blood thinners and surgery would be very dangerous, they'd have gone for surgery as the first option. Radiation isn't good for us but the area turned into scar tissue by the radiation is small in comparision to what they'd have removed with surgery. And surgery is so much more invasive. I didn't miss a day of work with the radiation. It was 4 treatments and some fatigue. Not a problem at all. And I haven't noticed any affects to my ability to breathe or anything like that.

But, I'm not sure that what I had done is available everywhere. Abalation would have been an option as well, I believe.

Best of luck with getting rid of them Bill. I have a break from the roller coaster for now and I wish the same for you.

Jan

• MS2014
    MS2014 Member Posts: 58
    Great news!!!!

So happy for you Jan!!!

Show us how the things can go well !!!

All the best and keep having good news!

• MS2014
    MS2014 Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2016 #14
    BillO60 said:

Very Good News.. and helpful

Hi Jan,

Congratulations! and glad the news has been good. 

Also, thank you for posting this.  It was perfect timing.

I just recevied a report from a CT Scan from a week ago that showed 3 probable liver mets and 1 probable lung mets.  I'd known the liver mets were likely and had discussed ablation with the oncologist.  Didn't know anything about the lung mets (which he didn't mention) until I got my hands on the report this morning.

So, this was very helpful to me. Thank you again and may your recovery continue unabated.

Bill

Several options

Hi Bill

There are many options for liver mets. Surgery, radiofrecuency ablation, tehrmal ablation,.....even microspheres can be a late option.

Hope some of the can be good to you!

• JanJan63
    MS2014 said:

Great news!!!!

So happy for you Jan!!!

Show us how the things can go well !!!

All the best and keep having good news!

Thank you! I'm beyond

Thank you! I'm beyond delighted! I just wish I could share this with everyone. Give everyone good health and have their cancer be gone.

Jan

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    JanJan63 said:

Thank you! I'm beyond

Thank you! I'm beyond delighted! I just wish I could share this with everyone. Give everyone good health and have their cancer be gone.

Jan

beyong

Amen to that !  Yes. may we all be NED !

• traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member
    edited June 2016 #17
    obliteration is good!

congrats and I hope that future scans are clear.  Traci