CA 125 going up

2»

Comments

• Good news!

Another good news update from our fellow sisters.  How pleased I am to hear you can relax and enjoy some summer fun. Hugs Nancy

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789

Great news. Still Ned 18

Great news. Still Ned 18 months later.    Even though my CA 125 went up I am still NED.   Yeah.   They think that my gerd might have caused the rise.   Thank you for your thoughts and prayers and hugs.  I will now do a happy dance.

Such good news!

Thank you so much for sharing this good news! We can all use more NED!!

• SandyD
    SandyD Member Posts: 130

CA125 going up - other blood tests to get

Namedropper,

You should ask your doctor to test for HE4 as well as CA125.  They say HE4 is a better marker. I get tested
    for both.  You also may want to test for Ferritin (measures iron reserves- cancer loves iron and glucose).
    Mine were very high when I was diagnosed with cancer. They are now very normal and I am NED. This test
    is often used to tell if your cancer treatment is working. Most doctors do not test all the relevant markers.
    I am also tested for Insulin Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1)- it is one of the main fertilizers for endometrial cancer.

Good luck.
    Takingcontrol58

Good luck.

Interesting

Before I got my diagnosis besides bleeding one of the things that brought me to the Dr. was feeling totally exhausted. Blood tests showed super low iron levels. I had also lost about 15 pounds (and I was definitely not dieting). My primary care doc said (though I didn't want to hear it at the time) that anemia is often connected with cancer. 

• namedropper
    namedropper Member Posts: 102 Member
    CA 125 going up again

Hi again, I  just got my CA 125 repeated again. I have MMMT uterine cancer. They are doing it every month now since it kept going up. I was up to 40 today and was 30 last time and 17 the time before. . I just had cat scan last month and all was clear but now they are saying that they will repeat the CA 125 in July and if it goes up again they will do a PET scan.  I have had at least 35  or more Cat scans done in the last 12 years for other things but this last time I had a reaction to the dye. They rushed me to the ER dept. right from getting out of the machine and I was there for 5 hours. I am really scared about the Pet scan dye.   I feel like a yoyo. I was really dancing fast after my Ct scan but now I am doing a slow waltz.    I have been ned 19 months now. 

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789

CA 125 going up again

Hi again, I  just got my CA 125 repeated again. I have MMMT uterine cancer. They are doing it every month now since it kept going up. I was up to 40 today and was 30 last time and 17 the time before. . I just had cat scan last month and all was clear but now they are saying that they will repeat the CA 125 in July and if it goes up again they will do a PET scan.  I have had at least 35  or more Cat scans done in the last 12 years for other things but this last time I had a reaction to the dye. They rushed me to the ER dept. right from getting out of the machine and I was there for 5 hours. I am really scared about the Pet scan dye.   I feel like a yoyo. I was really dancing fast after my Ct scan but now I am doing a slow waltz.    I have been ned 19 months now. 

Infection?

Namedropper, could the rise be from an undiagnosed infection? I understand that is one of many non-cancer related things that might cause it to rise. Keep on dancing! Kim

• namedropper
    namedropper Member Posts: 102 Member
    Kvdyson said:

Infection?

Namedropper, could the rise be from an undiagnosed infection? I understand that is one of many non-cancer related things that might cause it to rise. Keep on dancing! Kim

Hi, I think i would have a

Hi, I think i would have a temp or feel sick. The Drs. said that the only thing that could do it would be if my pockets in my intestines got infected but they don't seem to be. I would have pain etc. They said it could be brewing somewhere. I just had a cat scan on May 24th 2016 and I was NED. I also asked them how rare this MMMT uterine cancer is and they said they would have to look it up. It is very rare. I had breast cancer in 2012 and the was lobular and not what most women get.   Lucky me     thanks for your help....I go to the Cleveland Clinic and they have been wonderful.