Scan scheduled

Editgrl
Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member

My first post-treatment scan is finally scheduled for Saturday.  I will be having a PET scan as my doctor feels that has a better chance of showing something since my pre-surgery CT scan did not show anything, though I had positive lymph nodes.  I am surprised that I received a bunch of "Life After Cancer" information in the mail yesterday, but I like the optimism!  It contained my treatment summary that shows the exact dosages of the chemo drugs, which I found interesting, simply because I guess I hadn't paid attention to that during chemo.

I've been waiting for this for so long...  doctors wanted me to be about 3 months out of treatment before the scan.  I just want it to be done so I can truly say I am dancing with NED.  For the last few months, we've been eyeing each other across the dance floor lol.

Chris

Comments

• May the scan be the proof you need to live a normal life again.

I am glad that you will finally be able to know you are cancer free.  Good luck, and I will wait for you to tell us the good news!  Hugs Nancy

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    I'm hoping that this scan

I'm hoping that this scan proves once and for all you have No Evidence of Disease.  Best of luck with the scan and waiting anxiously to hear the results.  Maybe we can have a big cyber party.

Love,

Eldri

• Red Corvette
    Red Corvette Member Posts: 114 Member
    May The Scan Be With You!

Carnack says: "Ned Ned Ned"

(what the results are of Editgrl's up coming scan)

All fingers and toes crossed for you.

Red Corvette

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Good luck! May the scan show

Good luck! May the scan show NED!

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    Optimism

Optimism: you have more than earned it. Do not give it away for anything. Wishing you the best of luck with your scan results!

• joyce6611
    joyce6611 Member Posts: 51 Member
    edited May 2016 #7
    Good Luck

Praying your scan shows NED!

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Thinking of you, Chris

Hi Chris:

Just thinking of you and hope you receive good news on your recent scan.

Kathy

• Editgrl
    NED!

Got the results this morning and I am officially NED!  Had the combo CT/PET scan and everything was negative.  Finally exhalilng and doing a 2-step with NED!

Chris

• Editgrl said:

NED!

Got the results this morning and I am officially NED!  Had the combo CT/PET scan and everything was negative.  Finally exhalilng and doing a 2-step with NED!

Chris

WooHoo!!!

2-step, waltz and boogie your way to a long relationship with NED.  I'm soooo happy for you.  Hugs Nancy

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    unknown said:

WooHoo!!!

2-step, waltz and boogie your way to a long relationship with NED.  I'm soooo happy for you.  Hugs Nancy

NED

Great news.  Go celebrate!

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited May 2016 #12
    GREAT NEWS Chris!

So happy to hear this! Let's keep this dance going forever.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    yes!

Can't tell you how happy I am that not only are you NED, but you can breath a little easier and relax!  No fretting for at least three whole summer months!   Time to take a cruse or trip!  Congrats Chris!

• namedropper
    namedropper Member Posts: 102 Member
    Scan

Great news.  I am soooo happy for you that I will dance too.

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited May 2016 #15
    Editgrl said:

NED!

Chris

Chris, I am so happy for you

Chris, I am so happy for you I am crying tears of joy!!  That is wonderful and I hope you enjoy many, many more years of NED!!!!!

Love,

Eldri

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Wow, Chris, it doesn't get

better than that! I am happy for you and wish you the best. 

• Editgrl
    debrajo said:

yes!

Can't tell you how happy I am that not only are you NED, but you can breath a little easier and relax!  No fretting for at least three whole summer months!   Time to take a cruse or trip!  Congrats Chris!

My gyn/onc ended his report

My gyn/onc ended his report to me with "Have a wonderful summer!" with a double smiley face.  Yes, indeed.  BF is taking me out to dinner tonight to celebrate and we are going to do some sort of trip though details have yet to be nailed down.

• BC Brady
    BC Brady Member Posts: 70
    edited May 2016 #18
    Editgrl said:

NED!

Chris

Tears of joy for you Chris

I, too will have a scan this month to see how things are going. 15 treatments have worn me down after a year and a half and your results are a dream to me, but a girl can hope! I am so glad that people share their good news as well as their scary news - no one would ever be able to understand the anxiety we go through. Dance away dear sister!

xoxoxox, Billie

• BC Brady said:

Tears of joy for you Chris

I, too will have a scan this month to see how things are going. 15 treatments have worn me down after a year and a half and your results are a dream to me, but a girl can hope! I am so glad that people share their good news as well as their scary news - no one would ever be able to understand the anxiety we go through. Dance away dear sister!

xoxoxox, Billie

Hoping for the best for you too.

I hope your scan has good news too!  If we lose hope, there's nothing fun left!  So of course we hope and share the good news too.  Hugs Nancy

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Editgrl said:

NED!

Chris

Yes!!!!

So happy for you!

• Sandy3185
    Sandy3185 Member Posts: 228
    WooHoo!

So happy for you! What great news! Enjoy your dinner and your celebratory trip. May you dance forever with NED.  Love, Sandy