I am 5 years Cancer Free! What a Tremendous and Wonderful Feat from UPSC - Stage 1!

Comments

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Brighton said:

Happy Happy

Congradulations to you Jane.

Great news, Jane!

Congratulations! I think it is safe to say that you no longer need to keep looking over your shoulder wondering what will happen next. Enjoy each and every day and your "3rd" chance at life!  It is so encouraging to hear such wonderful news. I am 2.5 years NED out from surgery and feel great. Exercise really does make a difference in how we feel. Losing 70 lbs is quite an accomplishment and one you should be proud of.

Warm Wishes, 

Cathy

• SandyD
    SandyD Member Posts: 130
    Wonderful to hear your news

Wonderful to hear your news Jane. You give me hope that I'll be posting something very similar 5 years from now! Thank you!

• cheerful
    cheerful Member Posts: 261 Member
    edited April 2016 #24

Yeah, Jane!!!!  Yes, live

Yeah, Jane!!!!  Yes, live life every day to the fullest and I raise my glass to you!  

Much love!

Hi:

Thanks for responding and wishing me the best for the future for my 5 year mark!

• cheerful
    Kathy G. said:

Hi Jane!
    Just wanted to add

Hi Jane!

Just wanted to add my congratulations and Phew...(wiping your brow!)....you made it thru to the 5 year marker...such a good sign for your future!

So happy for you...glad you were one of the 'lucky' ones!

Kathy

Hi Kathy:

Thanks for responding and wishing me the best for my reaching 5 years and for the future.  I am very fortunate and blessed that I am one of the "lucky ones" as you mentioned that have survived our rare and aggressive cancer.  

I sadly, know of a few women on the Board that have passed away from our cancer that I became friends with on the Board.  I think of them from time to time and also met a woman at the cancer center where I had undergone chemo and she passed away over 2 years ago from peritoneal cancer. She had Stage 4 of her cancer. When she passed away, I was so sad of hear of her passing at such a young age of 63. My friend also lost some of her family members to cancers of different types over the years so my heart feels for losing her and I do miss her and her friendship.  I think of her from time to time.  

I also lost my first cousin to brain cancer at the end of 2012 and I lost one of my best friends to a brain tumor near the end of 2014. I miss both of them and think of them both from time to time.

I do feel very lucky as I mentioned. I also have 2 first cousins that survived their cancers from a few years ago so I know they feel lucky as well.  

Jane

• cheerful
    Brighton said:

Happy Happy

Hi:

Hi:

Thanks for responding and wishing me congratulations on reaching my 5 year mark.

• cheerful
    ncg007 said:

Jane horray!

Wonderful news and inspiration to all of us not there yet.  I wish you all the best and continued good health!

Thanks for responding and your good wishes!

• cheerful
    edited April 2016 #28
    Abbycat2 said:

Great news, Jane!

Congratulations! I think it is safe to say that you no longer need to keep looking over your shoulder wondering what will happen next. Enjoy each and every day and your "3rd" chance at life!  It is so encouraging to hear such wonderful news. I am 2.5 years NED out from surgery and feel great. Exercise really does make a difference in how we feel. Losing 70 lbs is quite an accomplishment and one you should be proud of.

Warm Wishes, 

Cathy

Hi Cathy:

Thanks for responding and wishing me well for my accomplishment on my 5 year mark.  You only have another 2 1/2 years to go through and that's great that you feel so good.  I lost nearly 70 lbs. from a Transient Ischemic Stroke I had last May. I had NO residual effects from the stroke and am doing well. I walked every day for several months plus I cut back on my sodium and I have to be on a limited amount of how much sodium I can have in one day with having gone through the stroke. The normal person can have between 2,000 to 2,500 milligrams of sodium in a day, but with a heart attack or a stroke you can have up to 1,500 milligrams of sodium in a day.

However, I am feeling stronger, better and a lot healthier plus I have lost a few sizes in clothing. Plus I watched what I have been eating over the last 5 years as I started to eat so much better and my son also lost 120 lbs from bike riding and watching what he eats so I attribute my good eating habits with his advice and help and determination on my own to lose the weight and to eat healthier and better.

I also lost some weight since I had my gall bladder removed in early February as I had No appetite since I needed to have my gallbladder removed. Now just about 3 months later I am eating much better now and have my appetite back thankfully.  

I do feel very "blessed and fortunate" that I have survived the 5 year mark and especially with No reoccurrence.

Again, thanks for your wishes.

Cheerful

a/k/a Jane

Warm Wishes,

Jane

• cheerful
    edited April 2016 #29
    Brighton said:

Happy Happy

Thanks for your congratulatory wishes on reaching my 5 year mark from UPSC. I really appreciate your wishes.

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    SandyD said:

Wonderful to hear your news

Wonderful to hear your news Jane. You give me hope that I'll be posting something very similar 5 years from now! Thank you!

Congratulations!

So happy you've met your 5 year mark.  It does feel good, doesn't it?  Keep up the healthy eating and exercise!

Suzanne

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    edited April 2016 #31
    How wonderful to reach 5

How wonderful to reach 5 years NED. You are a trooper with all your other health issues! Congrats! This gives us all hope. Thank you!

• cheerful

Congratulations!

So happy you've met your 5 year mark.  It does feel good, doesn't it?  Keep up the healthy eating and exercise!

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne:

Thanks for your e-mail your your wishes.  I really appreciate it.  I have lost a lot of weight over this past year and am now down 2 to 3 sizes from what I used to be the last several years. I do feel much stronger and healthier and much better.  I do plan on checking out the CSN board frequently to see the various posts.  But I am very glad and relieved I have reached my 5 year mark with No reoccurrence.  Again, thanks for your wishes.

I hope you will continue to remain cancer free as well.  Keep in touch.

Jane

• cheerful
    Soup52 said:

How wonderful to reach 5

How wonderful to reach 5 years NED. You are a trooper with all your other health issues! Congrats! This gives us all hope. Thank you!

Hi!

I want to thank you for responding and your wishes on my reaching my 5 year mark. I really do appreciate it.

I do plan on checking the Board frequently and will be checking posts as well.

I wish you well with your cancer journey. What stage of cancer do you have?

Cheerful

a/k/a Jane

• BabyCoach
    BabyCoach Member Posts: 95
    YEA!!

We are ALL cheering you.  Your news gives us all somehting to hope for and cheer aboout!  Major CONGRATS.  Your job now is to enjoy this good news!

• cheerful
    BabyCoach said:

YEA!!

We are ALL cheering you.  Your news gives us all somehting to hope for and cheer aboout!  Major CONGRATS.  Your job now is to enjoy this good news!

Hi!

Thanks for responding and your great wishes in my reaching my 5 year mark from Stage 1 of UPSC cancer as I was originally diagnosed in February of 2011 with UPSC. I am very grateful and thankful that I have remained with No evidence of disease for the past 5 years.  I do want to wish you all the best in your cancer journey.  I do not post often on the board, but I will plan on continuing to look at the website. I still have to go for a cat scan and blood work and will do so in the next couple of months.

Again, thanks for responding.

Cheerful

a/k/a Jane

• debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited May 2016 #36
    Cheerful

Sorry I missed your post!  Must have been when I "ran away" for a while!  As another one with UPSC (1a,grade 3)I always rejoice when I hear of another five year survivor!  I passed five years in Oct. and while I was over-joyed, it was a little scary!  What DO I do with no checkups for a whole year, why, have another open heart surgery!  LOL!  Keep sticking your head in and all the best of luck always!  Best, Debra

• BC Brady
    BC Brady Member Posts: 70
    You are Spreading HOPE for ALL of us

All of you who take the time to post your successes - THANK YOU. Jane, and all of you blessed sisters, are the light at the end of this tunnel for the rest of us still battling. xoxoxox

Billie

• txtrisha55
    txtrisha55 Member Posts: 693 Member
    edited May 2016 #38
    Congratulations!  That is

Congratulations!  That is wonderful news.  Gives hope to the rest of us. It can be done.  Continued success. trish

• cheerful
    debrajo said:

Cheerful

Sorry I missed your post!  Must have been when I "ran away" for a while!  As another one with UPSC (1a,grade 3)I always rejoice when I hear of another five year survivor!  I passed five years in Oct. and while I was over-joyed, it was a little scary!  What DO I do with no checkups for a whole year, why, have another open heart surgery!  LOL!  Keep sticking your head in and all the best of luck always!  Best, Debra

Hi DebraJo:

Thanks for responding to my 5 year mark and I really appreciate it.  It is a big relief to me that I am disease free.  My oncologist wants me to go for a cat scan and blood work which I will have done in the next couple of months. I turn 65 in July and want to wait until after I turn 65 in July and will be on Medicare. I currently have a major health plan, but would have to put out a good bit of money on a cat scan right now so my oncologist mentioned I can wait a couple of months to have the scan and I can be on Medicare.  Right now, I am paying on other medical bills as I had gall bladder surgery in February of this year and last May (2015) I had a minor Ischemic stroke for which I am still paying on so I do have other medical expenses right now. I plan to have these medical bills all paid off in the next couple of months.  Anyway, it is a wonderful and tremendous feat for me to have reached my 5 year mark.  I have lost 70 lbs in the past year also and I do feel much better and stronger from the stroke I had last year just from walking, eating and my gall bladder as I lost my appetite while going through the gallbladder situation.

I am Very happy for you as well that you reached your 5 year mark from UPSC last October and Congratulations as well, but I do feel bad that you had open heart surgery - I do hope your feeling much better now from that surgery from last October and are well on your way to recovery and to feeling better and stronger each day.

I do plan on remaining on the site and will check out various posts as I do have a few friends on the board I keep in contact with.

Again, thanks for your wishes and the best to you as well.  I also answered the Roll call.

Cheerful

a/k/a Jane

• cheerful
    BC Brady said:

You are Spreading HOPE for ALL of us

All of you who take the time to post your successes - THANK YOU. Jane, and all of you blessed sisters, are the light at the end of this tunnel for the rest of us still battling. xoxoxox

Billie

Hi Billie:

Thanks for responding to my 5 year post for UPSC and it is a big relief to me. I really appreciate your wishes, and I wish you all the best with your cancer journey and I do hope that you continue to remain cancer free and I wish you the best for the future.

I was diagnosed with Stage 1 of UPSC in February of 2011. I am very fortunate and lucky that I had an early stage of this rare and aggressive cancer and did eveything in my power for me to remain cancer free which I thankfully did by changing my eating habits for the better.  I also went through 6 rounds of chemo and brachytherapy 3 rounds which is the standard procedure for having been diagnosed with UPSC.  

I plan on checking on the Board frequently and do keep in contact with a few women here on the Board.  

Cheerful

a/k/a Jane

• cheerful

Congratulations!  That is

Congratulations!  That is wonderful news.  Gives hope to the rest of us. It can be done.  Continued success. trish

Hi Trish:

Thanks for responding and you really good wishes for me. I also wish you continued success.  I know you joined the Board right around the same time I did.

I do plan on checking on the Board frequently and I do have a couple of women on the Board that I keep in contact with.  I wish you all the best for the future and I know you will be reaching your 5 year mark shortly and all the best to you also.

Cheerful

a/k/a Jane