That time again!

Comments

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Anne, it's great to hear that you are still in the fight!

I echo the sentiments of the others here and hope that this new drug will be the answer. Hopefully, you'll be horseback riding again soon.

Warm Wishes,

Cathy

• Abbycat2
    Roll Call

Diagnosed 2.5 years ago with stage 3A UPSC. Had surgery and 6 rounds of Carboplatin and Taxol. No radiation. Still NED. My gyn oncologist told me two days ago that my chance of recurrence at this point in time from my surgery is about 25%. As time goes by the chance of a recurrence continues to drop. He also said that it is rare for UPSC to recur after 5 years. I am planning to have my port removed. He said he could do it in the office but I'd rather have it done at a hospital.

Welcome to the new ladies who have posted on this thread. Sorry you had to join this group. I wish all of you the very best.

Cathy

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited May 2016 #44
    AWK said:

Hi ladies! I am still in the fight!

Dx April 2013 stage IIIC UPSC.  Second and third opinions have me at IVB.  I have never been NED  and am currently being treated with Opdivo under a compassionate approval.  This is an immunotherapy.  I have been pretty quiet lately due to ongoing complications related to anemia, then ended up in the hospital for ten days with DVTs in both legs and my abdomen.  God bless blood and plasma donors as I have lost track of how many transfusions I have had.  I am working on getting my strength back in my legs; no more horseback riding for me due to my blood issues.  I have missed you all!  

Stay strong and thrive!  Anne

Anne!!!!  It is SO good to

Anne!!!!  It is SO good to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!!  Praying for your continued recovery.

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    Abbycat2 said:

Roll Call

Diagnosed 2.5 years ago with stage 3A UPSC. Had surgery and 6 rounds of Carboplatin and Taxol. No radiation. Still NED. My gyn oncologist told me two days ago that my chance of recurrence at this point in time from my surgery is about 25%. As time goes by the chance of a recurrence continues to drop. He also said that it is rare for UPSC to recur after 5 years. I am planning to have my port removed. He said he could do it in the office but I'd rather have it done at a hospital.

Welcome to the new ladies who have posted on this thread. Sorry you had to join this group. I wish all of you the very best.

Cathy

Congrats on NED and plan to remove port

Cathy, congratulations on your NED and your plan to remove your port. It is so great to hear of great reports like yours!

• Abbycat2
    Thank you, Kvdyson!

I wish the best for you as you continue with your treatment.

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    edited May 2016 #47
    Still here!

After several bouts of pancreatitis and a surgery for ureter reimplantation in December, I am hanging in there - except for this pancreatitis thing.  Also my husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and is on chemo. We see his surgeon on Wednesday to see if it can be resected.  He is doing well.   Hence the reason I haven't been on much and the fact that my mom has Stage 4 breast cancer.   It was too overwhelming for me and I took a second job and just too tired to post at times, but I think of you ladies often and wish the best for each and everyone of you.

• debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    Kaleena said:

Still here!

After several bouts of pancreatitis and a surgery for ureter reimplantation in December, I am hanging in there - except for this pancreatitis thing.  Also my husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and is on chemo. We see his surgeon on Wednesday to see if it can be resected.  He is doing well.   Hence the reason I haven't been on much and the fact that my mom has Stage 4 breast cancer.   It was too overwhelming for me and I took a second job and just too tired to post at times, but I think of you ladies often and wish the best for each and everyone of you.

Oh no!

What a lot to handle!  Hope all goes well for your husband!  I know the Whipple surgery is rough, and your Mom!(thanks for the post on Ibrance).  Don't know how you are able to take a second job!  Good Grief!  If I had to work, it would kill me!  Just send us a thumbs up every once in a while.  We miss you!  Best, Debra

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    Kaleena said:

Still here!

Wow, Kathy, that's a lot to

Wow, Kathy, that's a lot to handle at one time.  I can hardly take care of myself much less a husband and mother.  (((Kathy)))  I don't blame you for not having the time to post.  Take care of yourself and if you have the inclination, let us know once in awhile how you're all doing.

Love,

Eldri

• Abbycat2
    edited May 2016 #50
    Oh, Kathy, I am so sorry to hear all this

I am reminded of Gilda Radner's expression "It's always something".  I noticed that you have not been posting lately and I wondered how you and your family are doing.  Thank you for letting us know what is going on.  Hopefully, your husband will be able to have surgery and will continue to improve.  Thank God your cancer has not returned and it is not likely to at this point- that is certainly a silver lining! 

Wishing you the very best,

Hugs,

Cathy    

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    Kaleena said:

Still here!

Prayers

So sorry for all your family is going through.  Sending hugs and prayers to all of you.  Lou Ann

• BC Brady
    BC Brady Member Posts: 70
    Sandy3185 said:

2 years NED

Surgery 12/05/13, chemo completed April 2014. I have never been a great dancer, but dancing with NED is the greatest!

So glad!

Sandy - I read an earlier post when you were diagnosed - glad to see you post again and that NED is your dance partner. I am still battling here in Oswego, NY - treating at Roswell Cancer Institute in Buffalo. Stage 4 uterine cancer - but giving it all I've got. I hope I follow in your footsteps. xox

Billie

• BC Brady
    pinky104 said:

Another IVb survivor

Had surgery May, 2010 for UPSC (adenocarcinoma) stage IVb that spread from the uterus to both ovaries, the omentum, and the small intestine.  Also had gallbladder and appendix out at the same time (had gallstones).  Went through 6 rounds of carboplatin and taxol, which I finished in Sept., 2010, so I'm 5 years and 7 months out from chemo (and next week, I'll be six years out from surgery).  Have been NED since surgery and chemo ended.  Had one scare (unexplained mass) which turned out not to be cancer (it didn't grow over time).  Down to yearly check-ups now at two different doctors (have a gyn/onc in one hospital who did the surgery and an oncologist in another who did my chemo).  Due to go back to the gyn/onc in June, but haven't been called to schedule yet.  

thank you!

Absolutely makes me hopeful - thanks for posting. Sending good vibes for your June appt. XO

• BC Brady
    edited May 2016 #54
    Lou Ann M said:

I am still here

serous papillary endometreial andocarcinoma stage IV high grade diagnosed Aug 2012 radical hysterictomy October 2012.  6 rounds of Taxol/Carbo, 28 external radiation 2 brachtherapy, 7 months NED.  Metastized along my lymphattic system one in my neck 2 on my liver and several in my abdomaen.  5 more Taxol/Carbo.  Stopped early because of damage to my blood .  4 Months of NED  metastis near my heart and beten my intestines.  4 more Taxol/Carbo when I had reactions to the Carbo. Tried Taxol by itself that didn't work. Switched to Doxil after 7 of the those I ended up with a bowel blockage sea tumor grew intwined itself between my small intestines.  Surgery to,remove tumor and 42 cm of intestines.  Went back to the taxol/Carbo with a desencitizing program for the Carbo worked for 7 rounds when I,had a reaction to the the Carbo again.  Tried two rounds of Topotecan, but stopped because it wasn't working at all.    My doctor was able to get approval for me for Avastin and we are just starting that.  I have had one round of that.  So for the side effects seem to me minimal and it will be several months before q know if it is working.  I know my story may sound discouraging, but I have had many more good days than bad.  I have learned to enjoy my days and I look forward to many more.  I have been blessed in many ways.  I have found out what a wonderful family I have, great friends, and the best medical care.  Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

Wow Ann - HERO LADY

I look for stories that are similar to mine - been reading your posts but didn't realize you and I had so many similarities. You are a warrior for sure and I love how positive and unassuming you are - keep fighting and I will too!

Billie

• BC Brady
    edited May 2016 #55
    joyce6611 said:

I am here

I was diagnosed a stage I b in August of 2012.  I was NED until October 2015.  I now have nodules in both lungs and am a stage 4.  i will be getting my 8th carbo-taxol on May 6.  I am now on a high dosage of Metformin with the chemo.  My nodules have finally started shrinking more with the addition of Metformin.  I am so glad to know all of you!

Hugs to all!

Joyce

Metformin for me too

Started on Metformin a week ago - glad it has had a good effect for you as it has 'takingcontrol58'. My uterine cancer - stage 4 - metastisized from one cancerous polyp to the omentum and many nodules. Solid tumors were removed with total hysterectomy and 6 rounds of carbo/taxol last March to July 2015. It must've been lurking in my nodes after a clear scan in August because by October I had a rising CA 125 and several new areas of progression. Continuing to fight with the rest of the chemo cookbook as I've had some resistance to the platinum based drugs in this second go-round. I'm doing really well in spite of all that tho - and really feel that the metformin will kick me over the top of this ridiculous mountain we are all climbing. Much love to you XOX,

Billie

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member
    Kaleena said:

Still here!

Oh Kathy!  I am so sorry to

Oh Kathy!  (Kaleena)  I am so sorry to hear this.  Please know you and your ENTIRE family are in my prayers.  You know where we are - we will always be here for you whenever.

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Thanks for all the well wishes

Dear Debra, Eldri, Kathy, Lou Ann and Cathy, Thank you for all the well wishes, hugs and prayers.   It is much appreciated!    Hopefully I will be getting back into the swing of stuff.   You all are a blessing to me and I appreciate it very much!

You are so right, Cathy, it is always something!   But it does keep us going.

Thanks again!

((((HUGS)))

Kathy

• Hopeful162
    Hopeful162 Member Posts: 82
    Abbycat2 said:

Oh, Kathy, I am so sorry to hear all this

I am reminded of Gilda Radner's expression "It's always something".  I noticed that you have not been posting lately and I wondered how you and your family are doing.  Thank you for letting us know what is going on.  Hopefully, your husband will be able to have surgery and will continue to improve.  Thank God your cancer has not returned and it is not likely to at this point- that is certainly a silver lining! 

Wishing you the very best,

Hugs,

Cathy    

Hugs to all

I am now 16 months NED from surgery and chemo for Stage 1A, Grade 3 UPSC in October, 2014, and things are looking good! However, last Friday I ended up in the ER with left lower quadrant pain and fever. After a CT scan which was compared to previous scans, nothing was found, so my pain remains a mystery, but is much improved now. All of the blood work was also negative. I remain very thankful!

• debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited May 2016 #59
    So Glad!

So very glad to see everyone posting!  It does a body good to see so many of us taking hold and hanging on and triving!  Everyone, keep us up on your test, scans, tests ,toe nails(Eldri! LOL!), hair or lack there of...anything!  Everyone remember to send cyber hugs to the one's of us not feeling too well right now and if they haven't moved the date, Moli has surgery May 13!  Best, Debrajo

• cheerful
    cheerful Member Posts: 261 Member
    Kaleena said:

Still here!

Hi Debrajo:

I wanted to reply to your posting on the roll call.  I just reached my 5 year mark of UPSC cancer and was diagnosed in February of 2011 with Stage 1 of UPSC, Grade 3.  Now that I just reached my 5 year mark with No evidence of disease as of April 2016 from my visit with my oncologist, I went out to celebrate for dinner with my family last month. It is a Tremendous and Wonderful feat for me to have reached my 5 year mark from UPSC and I am very relieved and very gratedul that I have reached this mark.  I also did a separate topic a couple of weeks ago on the uterine board and received a number of congratulatory responses on my reaching my 5 year mark. I don't post often anymore, but I do check on the website very frequently.  I plan on staying in contact on the board as I am friends with a couple of the ladies on the board and have been in contact with some wonderful women on the uterine board.

My oncologist does want me to have a cat scan done and blood work done and I will turn 65 in July and will go onto Medicare, so I will have the cat scan done later in the summer along with the blood work.  But this is really wonderful news I have received with having reached my 5 year mark.

I want to wish all of you ladies dealing with UPSC to have faith and enjoy each and every day that you have and listen to your oncologist and whatever he says to do I would follow his instructions.  

Cheerful

a/k/a Jane

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    Kaleena said:

Thanks for all the well wishes

Dear Debra, Eldri, Kathy, Lou Ann and Cathy, Thank you for all the well wishes, hugs and prayers.   It is much appreciated!    Hopefully I will be getting back into the swing of stuff.   You all are a blessing to me and I appreciate it very much!

You are so right, Cathy, it is always something!   But it does keep us going.

Thanks again!

((((HUGS)))

Kathy

Oh, Kathy,

I can't imagine how you are coping with everything.  I wish you the best.  I met a lady last week who is an 11 year pancreatic cancer survivor.  She's 70 years old and was painting my neighbor's kitchen.  She said the Whipple was hard but she did it.  Good luck to your husband.