No scarf or wig today

EZLiving66
EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member

For the first time I went to work and out to lunch with no wig or no scarf.  It was a little hard but I pushed through.  We went to our usual place for lunch and several of the waitresses who I've known for almost 20 years came over to tell me how cute it looked.  That really helped!!  I had to use some goopy gel to get it to lay down flat but it worked.

We have an engagement party for our son and his finacee and I'm debating whether to go natural or put on my wig.  We haven't met a lot of her extended family so maybe I'll put the wig on - LOL!  Don't want to scare the new family!! 

Love,

imageEldri

Comments

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    Wow

What a beautiful white,  Eldri.  Who knew!  Looks like there's a bit of a wave in the front.  Own it, girl.

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    edited May 2016 #3
    Beautiful

your new hair is just beautiful.  Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    wow!

That is the new, beautiful, and "improved you"....go with it, the family will never know what the old you looked like!  You own it girl!  Debra

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Eldri,

Eldri,

I love the color! I wish mine had come in like that. Congrats on getting up the nerve to go coverless. I posted my first experience on that the beginning of this week. It was hard but quite freeing. I don't plan to cover up ever again. I have to believe it will get easier as we go along.

So glad to see you are getting better too! You look healthy.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Wow, Eldri, you look beautiful!

Your hair is gorgeous! It was difficult for me, too, the first time I went without my wig.     This is really quite a journey but we have the strength to carry on. I love reading your posts, Eldri- your stories and wonderful sense of humor make me laugh and always brighten my days! I admire anyone who could laugh at herself.

Hugs,

Cathy

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    edited May 2016 #7
    Beautiful!

Your picture made my day. Bless you, my dear. 

• giggs100
    giggs100 Member Posts: 91 Member
    You look beautiful

You look gorgeous Eldri.  Go with it as is.

• SandyD
    SandyD Member Posts: 130
    Lovely!

That's a real milestone Eldri! I'm waiting for the day that I'm able to do the same. You and your white hair are lovely!

• EZLiving66
    edited May 2016 #10
    I cried when I read all your

I cried when I read all your encouragement.  You guys are the best!!!!  For months I hated to look in the mirror when I didn't have my wig or scarf on but I forced myself to view my new reality.  At least, for the moment anyway, I'm alive and healthy!  

And....I have a new plan to wear sandals.  I'm going to GLUE some toenails on!!  Brilliant or WHAT???  I wanted to wear a dress and sandals to that engagement party this afternoon but really hesitated to since my toenails haven't grown back yet.  Michele, our son's fiancee, said just glue acrylic nails to what is there, paint them and no one will know the difference.  I will let you know how it goes.....I can just see myself walking around, smiling and talking to people and it falls off!  "Hey lady, is this your toenail?"  My grandma once told me when she was young, the elastic broke in her undies.  She said she just kicked them aside and kept walking.  THAT'S my toenail plan!!

Love,

Eldri

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2016 #11
    Radiant!

Eldri, you look radiant! It is tough to go without something covering your head at first but you will get used to all the wonderful compliments - I promise! :)

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member

I cried when I read all your

I cried when I read all your encouragement.  You guys are the best!!!!  For months I hated to look in the mirror when I didn't have my wig or scarf on but I forced myself to view my new reality.  At least, for the moment anyway, I'm alive and healthy!  

And....I have a new plan to wear sandals.  I'm going to GLUE some toenails on!!  Brilliant or WHAT???  I wanted to wear a dress and sandals to that engagement party this afternoon but really hesitated to since my toenails haven't grown back yet.  Michele, our son's fiancee, said just glue acrylic nails to what is there, paint them and no one will know the difference.  I will let you know how it goes.....I can just see myself walking around, smiling and talking to people and it falls off!  "Hey lady, is this your toenail?"  My grandma once told me when she was young, the elastic broke in her undies.  She said she just kicked them aside and kept walking.  THAT'S my toenail plan!!

Love,

Eldri

Panty hose with pedicure

Eldri:

I heard about this while watching Kelly and Michael.  Maybe you should check it out:

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/beauty/news/a57595/japanese-pedicure-stockings/

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Fabulous Eldri! You look

Fabulous Eldri! You look beautiful! I can't wait to hear about how the engagement party went!

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    See, what I mean, Eldri?

You crack me up!! Losing your toenail, OMG!

Love,

Cathy

• Sandy3185
    Sandy3185 Member Posts: 228
    You look great!

Your hair is lovely and seems to be coming in thick and strong. Yeah!! Can't wait to hear about your toenails!  Love and ((hugs)), Sandy

• EZLiving66
    edited May 2016 #16
    I ended up wear slacks and

I ended up wear slacks and loafers yesterday because the wind was kind of cold but we're heading over to the future daughter-in-law's house for a Mother's Day dinner later this after noon and I'm wear a dress, sandals AND my new toenails!!  I have a plan if they fall off:  ("Hey lady, is this your toenail?") to just keep walking and pretend I have NO idea what they're talking about ("Do I look like the kind of woman who would wear FAKE toenails???") LOLOLOL!!!!

Love,

Eldri

• BabyCoach
    BabyCoach Member Posts: 95
    edited May 2016 #17
    I VOTE

NATURAL!!  Definitely.  The hair is gorgeous - and YOU ARE A NATURAL!!!

• BabyCoach
    BabyCoach Member Posts: 95
    OH

And you are also ONE OF A KIND!

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    I love your hair!

And I love it short!  So happy that you did not become one of the Taxotere victims.  Now you must learn how to use gel and spike that hair, girl!  Have fun with it because you deserve it.

Suzanne

• txtrisha55
    txtrisha55 Member Posts: 693 Member
    edited May 2016 #20
    Love your hair.  I am still

Love your hair.  I am still pepper to the salt.  I want all the salt and yours is absolutely beautiful.  trish

PS.  Love the toenails too.

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    I love your hair, Eldri!  It

I love your hair, Eldri!  It's so cute!  And those toenails!  I am jealous...  they look better than my real ones.  Own it, girlfriend.

Chris