That time again!

Comments

• It happened to Me
    It happened to Me Member Posts: 206 Member
    edited May 2016 #22
    UPSC grade 3 Stage 3a - Dx June 19, 2013

Thanks for this thread.  So encouraging to hear of all the NED's.  Had surgery July, 2013, 6 rounds of chemo. (carbo/taxol) from Aug. 2013 to Jan. 2014.  Have been NED for two years and 4 months.   Great idea Debrajo!!!  Welcome newbies'.  This is a great group of Peach Sisters.

Jeanette

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    edited May 2016 #23

Dx February 2012 with UPSC stage 1a.  Treated with surgery, chemo, brachytherapy.  NED since ct scan in October of 2012.  See my doc every 4 months and am feeling good.  I am not posting much since everyone is doing such a good job answering questions but I still read everyday, just not compulsively all day long like I used to.  I feel bad every time someone new comes on board but so glad she found her way here.  

• giggs100
    giggs100 Member Posts: 91 Member
    I am here

I have Uterine Carcinosarcoma Stage lllC2 October 2015.  Surgery November 2, 2015.  6 rounds of chemo (taxol/ifex/messna)  We are back from Florida as of last Thursday.  It was a wonderful month with most days of sunshine and beautiful weather.  Relaxing and enjoying life.  Today was a doctor appointment involving a CT scan after chemo.  GREAT news everything is clear and OK.   Will go back for doctor appointment in 3 months to just check and make sure all is well(checkups will be every 3 months for now).  Don't have to have another scan for 6 months.  Am sure happy with this appointment. 

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    I am still here

serous papillary endometreial andocarcinoma stage IV high grade diagnosed Aug 2012 radical hysterictomy October 2012.  6 rounds of Taxol/Carbo, 28 external radiation 2 brachtherapy, 7 months NED.  Metastized along my lymphattic system one in my neck 2 on my liver and several in my abdomaen.  5 more Taxol/Carbo.  Stopped early because of damage to my blood .  4 Months of NED  metastis near my heart and beten my intestines.  4 more Taxol/Carbo when I had reactions to the Carbo. Tried Taxol by itself that didn't work. Switched to Doxil after 7 of the those I ended up with a bowel blockage sea tumor grew intwined itself between my small intestines.  Surgery to,remove tumor and 42 cm of intestines.  Went back to the taxol/Carbo with a desencitizing program for the Carbo worked for 7 rounds when I,had a reaction to the the Carbo again.  Tried two rounds of Topotecan, but stopped because it wasn't working at all.    My doctor was able to get approval for me for Avastin and we are just starting that.  I have had one round of that.  So for the side effects seem to me minimal and it will be several months before q know if it is working.  I know my story may sound discouraging, but I have had many more good days than bad.  I have learned to enjoy my days and I look forward to many more.  I have been blessed in many ways.  I have found out what a wonderful family I have, great friends, and the best medical care.  Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• cared1027
    cared1027 Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2016 #26
    Thankfully NED

Surgery 4/2012. Stage 1a, Grade 3 Clear Cell.  No additional treatment.  Active surveillance every 3 months for 2 years and now every 6 mo with my 4 year check up tomorrow.  Prayers for all!

• survivingsu
    survivingsu Member Posts: 134 Member
    edited May 2016 #27
    Roll Call - I'm happy & here

It's been since 2009, NED!

• CindylovesMike
    CindylovesMike Member Posts: 50
    Roll Call

Hi all, I joined last night but was here in 2014 looking around. I was diagnosed in Dec 2012 with uterine cancer stage 1 grade 1a. 2 years later had blood in my plehm went and got xray had 3 1/2 cm lung tumor. it was a metasis from the uterine cancer. They removed my middle lobe of rt lung along with the tumor. then I had 6 rounds of chemo. I am still clear, I have another ct scan 1st of June. I still am so fatigued just can't seem to get feeling really good. Maybe this is as good as it gets. I have been researching nutrition and supplements. None of my docs have ever talked to me about what I should eat just the medical part of things. has anyone else looked in to natural ways of dealing with this? My onco told me this would come back probably too my lungs again, so feeling scared of this next scan. I just want hope.  thanks for letting me vent hugs and love to you all, Cindy from Oregon.

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member

Roll Call

Hi all, I joined last night but was here in 2014 looking around. I was diagnosed in Dec 2012 with uterine cancer stage 1 grade 1a. 2 years later had blood in my plehm went and got xray had 3 1/2 cm lung tumor. it was a metasis from the uterine cancer. They removed my middle lobe of rt lung along with the tumor. then I had 6 rounds of chemo. I am still clear, I have another ct scan 1st of June. I still am so fatigued just can't seem to get feeling really good. Maybe this is as good as it gets. I have been researching nutrition and supplements. None of my docs have ever talked to me about what I should eat just the medical part of things. has anyone else looked in to natural ways of dealing with this? My onco told me this would come back probably too my lungs again, so feeling scared of this next scan. I just want hope.  thanks for letting me vent hugs and love to you all, Cindy from Oregon.

Cindy, glad you joined. I

Cindy, glad you joined. I sure hope your scan comes back clean. I don't blame you for being scared. This is really crappy stuff to deal with. And, a recurrence has to be the hardest thing ever. There are several women on our board that have experience with this and can help you through your concerns.

Please continue to reach out. We are all here for each other!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• joyce6611
    joyce6611 Member Posts: 51 Member
    I am here

I was diagnosed a stage I b in August of 2012.  I was NED until October 2015.  I now have nodules in both lungs and am a stage 4.  i will be getting my 8th carbo-taxol on May 6.  I am now on a high dosage of Metformin with the chemo.  My nodules have finally started shrinking more with the addition of Metformin.  I am so glad to know all of you!

Hugs to all!

Joyce

• BabyCoach
    BabyCoach Member Posts: 95
    Checking in

4 weeks post DiVinci with grade 1 Stage 1-A and just trying to get my stamina back. Spending energy experimenting with healthier diet: plant based, sugar free, fish & no hormone chicken, red meat no more than 2X month. Husband not as enthusiastic! Major trip postponed until September because no energy.  3 month check ups scheduled to watch for any recurrence. 

Appreciating all your posts so much. 

Mary Ann

• SettledSue
    SettledSue Member Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2016 #32
    Checking In

Nice to see so many familiar faces here. I have been coming here since 2012 when I was diagnosed with Stage 2 clear cell and had surgery and chemo. In 2013 two small spots of cancer were found near my vaginal cuff and I had 28 radiation treatments. No sign of cancer since then. 

• SandyD
    SandyD Member Posts: 130
    Roll call

Both UPSC and carcinosarcoma (MMMT) stage 1A. Had radical hysterectomy Nov 18, 2015, have now finished 6 rounds of chemo, will have 3rd of 3 brachytherapy treatments this coming Monday. In a few weeks I'll have my first post treatment scan. Have my fingers and toes crossed! 

• CindylovesMike
    CindylovesMike Member Posts: 50

Cindy, glad you joined. I

Cindy, glad you joined. I sure hope your scan comes back clean. I don't blame you for being scared. This is really crappy stuff to deal with. And, a recurrence has to be the hardest thing ever. There are several women on our board that have experience with this and can help you through your concerns.

Please continue to reach out. We are all here for each other!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

Thank you Cindi

I need a support group, seems there are none in the town where I live. Very glad to find this. Thank you for the well wishes, I know what you all are going through it's like a nightmare and you just wanna wake up.

Hugs and Prayers, Cindy

• AWK
    AWK Member Posts: 364 Member
    Hi ladies! I am still in the fight!

Dx April 2013 stage IIIC UPSC.  Second and third opinions have me at IVB.  I have never been NED  and am currently being treated with Opdivo under a compassionate approval.  This is an immunotherapy.  I have been pretty quiet lately due to ongoing complications related to anemia, then ended up in the hospital for ten days with DVTs in both legs and my abdomen.  God bless blood and plasma donors as I have lost track of how many transfusions I have had.  I am working on getting my strength back in my legs; no more horseback riding for me due to my blood issues.  I have missed you all!  

Stay strong and thrive!  Anne

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    AWK said:

Dx April 2013 stage IIIC UPSC.  Second and third opinions have me at IVB.  I have never been NED  and am currently being treated with Opdivo under a compassionate approval.  This is an immunotherapy.  I have been pretty quiet lately due to ongoing complications related to anemia, then ended up in the hospital for ten days with DVTs in both legs and my abdomen.  God bless blood and plasma donors as I have lost track of how many transfusions I have had.  I am working on getting my strength back in my legs; no more horseback riding for me due to my blood issues.  I have missed you all!  

(((Anne))) we've been worried

(((Anne))) we've been worried about you.  I'm so glad you are getting the Opdivo.  There is another lady on here trying to get it too.  Hopefully this will be a huge breakthrough!!  Please keep us updated on how you're doing.  Hospital stays are no fun but sometimes a person needs that to get back on the right track.

Love,

Eldri

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    Oh, Anne,

hearing from you made my day.

• debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    AWK said:

Anne!

Thank goodness you posted!  I was about to send out a search party looking for you!  I have only heard good things about Opdivo so hope it keeps you stable and feeling well for the next 100 years!  Thanks for posting, feel better!  Best, Debrajo

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited May 2016 #39
    Hey Anne

So happy to hear from you! Glad you are getting the Opdivo and I hope it has less impacts on you from a side effects perspective and major impacts from getting cancer out of your body! You have been missed by all of us. Keep building your strength and come back to us when you are up to it. In the meantime, we will continue to push positive thoughts and energy your way.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    edited May 2016 #40
    AWK said:

Anne

I am so glad to hear from you.  I have been worried.  Glad you are getting to give the Opdivo a try.  I am praying it works for you and that you see many years of NED.  Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• Sandy3185
    Sandy3185 Member Posts: 228
    AWK said:

So good to hear from you!

So sorry about all the complications. I know how much you must be missing horseback riding. I so hope this new treatment will be a breakthrough for you! Love and Hugs, Sandy