Cabo?

Comments

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    edited May 2016 #62
    Thanx for the education Fox

I learn something new from you all the time.  You're my hero.  Glad you are feeling well overall and enjoying eating again.

Bless you,

Donna~

• todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    foxhd said:

Things can take so long

I guess I'm halfway there. First, if the nivo isn't working, how come I feel so good? My activity and health are great. Food is so damn good. But, upper extremity pain and weakness are a problem, so, I look forward to next week when I get the SBRT to my spine.  I had a nivo infusion today and with it came a tumor flare up a couple hours later. I realize that I get many of these tumor flares. A month ago when I had my knee drained, it hemorraged because I was on coumadin. If I wasn't on coumadin, it would have just hurt. So we got a little misdirected because of the bleed. A couple days back I tossed some garbage and with it my shoulder. Same type of acute pain. So I may have this shoulder added to my radiation. Follow up scans won't be for 3-4 more weeks. Thats ok with me. One thing is for sure and that is that I don't really mind these acute episodes because otherwise I feel great. Not like the votrient where I was always sick. Pain has been manageable with a couple oxies a day and the occaisional trip to the dispensery.

Thinking of you

I hope for the best for these treatments and no repeat of last time.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Please do.

Hugs,

Todd

• Eliezer2
    Eliezer2 Member Posts: 85
    i am now on cabo

i am now on cabo

• Airie
    Airie Member Posts: 45
    I know this post is old. Just

I know this post is old. Just catching up on reading. I noticed this one discussion has been read 11538 times!! As one who doesn't post frequently but reads this site religiously, I had to comment. Even when we feel what we have to offer may only be good luck, good karma or a place to dump feelings and frustrations- it means enough that it's read thousands of times by others. Thanks to all who contribute and support this site. Such an affirmation to me we're in this together...

Or did the site get over 11,000 hits just to find out what's up with Fox?:)

• Kangaroorex
    Kangaroorex Member Posts: 47 Member
    Hope the fox is still doing okay

I can speak from experience that the immunotherapies can cause inflamation, mine tumor shot up almost 20% in 4 weeks! then is stayed stable for 8 months and finally shrunk 50% and stablized for another year before starting to grow again.  my drug was a PDL-1 which had no name while i was on it, but it seemed to work pretty well.  the problem with tumors in bad places are no one is willing to wait and see if the problem is temporary or not. 

Hang in there, man! You're one of my heroes!  I want to live long enough to retire, even if i dont get much beyond that. 

• I am alive
    I am alive Member Posts: 315
    Fox, how are you doing?

i just came across this thread. Been a while. Howard you? Sending you light & love.

• Teashea
    Teashea Member Posts: 89 Member
    God bless everyone

Foxhd I hope you are doing better. Waiting for my cabozantinib to arrive. And wondering why my alk phos is 213. It keeps climbing. After one bone tumor, bone scan is not showing any more bone cancer. Praying for some good results after IL2, votrient, and nivolumab have not worked for me and have left me partly paralyzed. Also I have gained 45 lbs through these past 3 years of treatment has this happened to anyone else?

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Weight

I put on about 40lbs after steroids following IL2

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Teashea said:

God bless everyone

Foxhd I hope you are doing better. Waiting for my cabozantinib to arrive. And wondering why my alk phos is 213. It keeps climbing. After one bone tumor, bone scan is not showing any more bone cancer. Praying for some good results after IL2, votrient, and nivolumab have not worked for me and have left me partly paralyzed. Also I have gained 45 lbs through these past 3 years of treatment has this happened to anyone else?

me too

I've had/have  the same problems. Same drugs. neuro issues. Several bone mets. However I'm still down 25-30 # from a year and a half ago. You're not alone. I've taken my cabo for a week. So far, so good. Blood and office visit tomorrow. We'll see where this goes. I'm expecting good things.

• Footstomper
    foxhd said:

me too

I've had/have  the same problems. Same drugs. neuro issues. Several bone mets. However I'm still down 25-30 # from a year and a half ago. You're not alone. I've taken my cabo for a week. So far, so good. Blood and office visit tomorrow. We'll see where this goes. I'm expecting good things.

Fox

Good luck with your visit tomorrow. I hope things are even better than you wish for.

• Teashea
    edited August 2016 #72
    foxhd said:

me too

Please let me know

I am very happy to hear the cabo is going well so far. Please let me know how your blood pressure and tests go.  I decided to start tonight so my boyfriend will be home with me just in case there is a problem.

Have a blessed weekend,

Tea

• Teashea
    Pleased to tell everyone

There are very few side effects from cabometyx after 4 day's. My blood pressure is a bit on the high side. I pray it stays this way and shrinks my tumors. Fox hope it is still working well for you. Everyone have a blessed day. 

• Footstomper
    Teashea said:

Pleased to tell everyone

There are very few side effects from cabometyx after 4 day's. My blood pressure is a bit on the high side. I pray it stays this way and shrinks my tumors. Fox hope it is still working well for you. Everyone have a blessed day. 

Great News

Sounds like you've had a hard enough time, you deserve this. Long may it last! Good luck

• danbren2
    danbren2 Member Posts: 311
    Fox fly!!

I know you will be flying as always! Have scans scheduled in Sept for brain tumors, also taking stereoids to help reduce swelling! Keep the faith Fox we are here for you!

Love and prayers for good health!

Brenda

• Eliezer2
    Eliezer2 Member Posts: 85
    foxhd said:

Donna

I am currently on steroids for inflammation and it has relieved all pain. As to adding a diet componet of anti inflams, it would be a drop in the bucket. Besides it is far to late to use supplements to affect my prognosis. Living pure from day one is too difficult because of the chemicals we have absorbed in our life time. Our body is an enviornmental filter damaging our dna and random cell mutation happens. I exist at the stage of managing symptoms for as long as I can. And hopefully with as few side effects as possible. 3-4 years ago I said,"Bring it on!" Now I say, "Lets hang on as comfortably as I can."

But NEVER count me out. I have remarkable healing powers. There is a loss from the battles but I tolerate a lot.

beware of steroids

they gave me diabetes and caused shoulder pains

• dancnbear1
    dancnbear1 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2016 #77
    cabometyx

I have been on it for about 2 months with some side effects the most violent are the blisters that form on the bottom of feet and get so painful at times that I have problems walking. Fatigue is big due to lack of sleep but that is mostly because of the quantity of Prednisone that I am on which keeps me up late at night and has put almost 90 pounds of excess weight on my body. My last CT scan showed a mix of results. no new sites which is always good, some sites grew but minimumly, and some sites didnt grow so I am sticking with it for another cycle. The weight gain, extreme joint pain that I have, and lack of sleep are results from my first trial and the fact that my thyroid no longer works and I no longer have a functioning Adrianal Gland (Addisons Desease). If I could only get a semi good night of sleep and get the weight off of me I would be OK. I can deal with the pain becasue of the regiment of meds that I have going to help keep me ahead of the pain. Any suggestions on weight loss while taking stress level quantities of steriods? MY PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS TO ALL AND WISHING NOTHING BUT THE BEST WHILE FIGHTING THIS DISEASE!

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    cabo

Entering my 3rd week of cabo. So far the most important thing is that it's not nearly as bad as votrient. Yet. Some belly upset. Some loose stool. Fatigue.Very manageable so far. Most importantly, since stopping nivo, my pain is greatly diminished. This is appreciated. Let's see how I feel in a couple months. I find it amazing that I have been thru several episodes of intense pain over the past few years. Then before you know it, I'm whacking golf balls again. I think this time will be different as the tumors in my vascular system are a bit threatening. It will probably be a "here today, gone tomorrow" sort of thing. Oh well. I wish I didn't need any pain medication but I bet I use half of what I would be using if it wasn't for sweet mary jane. It helps my stomach a ton, and food still tastes great. Besides, the colors are groovey man.

• Teashea
    Good morning

Did everyone have a nice weekend? One and a half weeks into the cabo. I am happy so far. As you said Fox the votrient was much worse. Fox, and Dancn, I was started on only 40mg. Going to increase to 60mg if all keeps going well. What dose are both of you taking? Also is anyone having high alk phos? mine was 213 last blood test. Dancn sorry to hear about your feet. I read about jell socks sold on Amazon that offer some relief from the hand-foot syndrome. Gaining 45 lbs has been very hard, so I know how you feel. Friends and family say you look so healthy! This is dispite the fact I can hardly walk. Some even ask I thought you were supposed to loose weight when you have cancer. Very hurtful with all the bs we go through. Fox I am a Colorado girl the Mary Jane helps a lot.

Sending prayers and good thoughts up for everyone.  

• dancnbear1
    edited August 2016 #80
    foxhd said:

cabo

Entering my 3rd week of cabo. So far the most important thing is that it's not nearly as bad as votrient. Yet. Some belly upset. Some loose stool. Fatigue.Very manageable so far. Most importantly, since stopping nivo, my pain is greatly diminished. This is appreciated. Let's see how I feel in a couple months. I find it amazing that I have been thru several episodes of intense pain over the past few years. Then before you know it, I'm whacking golf balls again. I think this time will be different as the tumors in my vascular system are a bit threatening. It will probably be a "here today, gone tomorrow" sort of thing. Oh well. I wish I didn't need any pain medication but I bet I use half of what I would be using if it wasn't for sweet mary jane. It helps my stomach a ton, and food still tastes great. Besides, the colors are groovey man.

Fox, have been on constant

Fox, have been on constant pain meds for almost 3 years (my pain doesnt seem to be any where near your levels). The clinical trial i was on totaly crapped out my joints to the point it just hurts to move but for some reason lately I am doing better. Could it be the new pain meds Im on (morphine) or the change over to Cabo. I am currently at the 60mg mark and seem to be ok. Im able to adjust to the occassional runs, the foot syndrome issues , high blood pressure that averages about 155/90, some flashes of anxiety, and joint pain. Last CT had no new sites, 1/2 spots grew, and 1/2 stayed the same. I have these lovely sub cutaneous tumours (or large bumps) that stick out of my arm, next, hip and rib cage but they too seem to be stable. All in all the CABO seems to be working but as I said I just need to get on way to get my weight down and my energy level up. Every time i hear you talk about a walk or a round of golf I get so jealous but Im still hear and considering they told me I be gone by now Im pretty friggin happy.

Always glad to read your stories and how well you cope with the crap that gets tossed at us all. Keeps me as positive as I can be. Good luck and keep on fighing.

• dancnbear1
    Teashea said:

Good morning

Did everyone have a nice weekend? One and a half weeks into the cabo. I am happy so far. As you said Fox the votrient was much worse. Fox, and Dancn, I was started on only 40mg. Going to increase to 60mg if all keeps going well. What dose are both of you taking? Also is anyone having high alk phos? mine was 213 last blood test. Dancn sorry to hear about your feet. I read about jell socks sold on Amazon that offer some relief from the hand-foot syndrome. Gaining 45 lbs has been very hard, so I know how you feel. Friends and family say you look so healthy! This is dispite the fact I can hardly walk. Some even ask I thought you were supposed to loose weight when you have cancer. Very hurtful with all the bs we go through. Fox I am a Colorado girl the Mary Jane helps a lot.

Sending prayers and good thoughts up for everyone.  

Teashea, Im at 60mg but like

Teashea, Im at 60mg but like you started low and worked my way up. with reagrds to my feet I go with lotions, epson salt baths, and when the blisters get bad I pop them (doctors would love to hear that). Once I pop them the skin drys up and they peel and then I wait for the cycle to start again. They have told me when its back to call in so they can lower my dosage but Id rather deal with the foot pain and fight the cancer with the high dosages then the other way around.

God bless and good luck.