Valentines Wish

To all the wonderful, strong, and beautiful ladies of the Uterine Cancer Board, my wife and I send Valentines love, healing, and good wishes to everyone suffering or dealing with this crazy disease. Ten weeks  ago I never heard of UPSC  and thanks to all of you, my wife and I have gained the strength and knowledge to deal with UPSC and move forward with our lives. We are taking today and tomorrow off from cancer and hope everyone else does the same this weekend of love and hope.

Red

Comments

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Thanks Red!
    I hope you and

Thanks Red!

I hope you and your wife enjoy a great weekend.

Kathy

• debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    Valentine

Thank you Red and Mrs. Red for the valentine wish....It's been a very long time since anyone has wished me this.  Thank you both, have a wonderful weekend together, and tell your wife she is one lucky woman!  Best, Debra(jo)

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    May your Valentine's Day be

May your Valentine's Day be filled in love, hope and peace,

Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• Gardena
    Gardena Member Posts: 102
    Back at you, Red!

I love your idea of taking a couple days off from cancer! Brilliant! Wishing you and beautiful wife much love and calm this weekend~

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    Thank you for the Valentine

Thank you for the Valentine wishes!  My husband and I have done the same thing this weekend.  We are celebrating our 47 years together and putting cancer on the back burner.  It tends to take over your life if you let it.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and your wife.

Love,

Eldri

• Sandy3185
    Sandy3185 Member Posts: 228

Thank you for the Valentine wishes!  My husband and I have done the same thing this weekend.  We are celebrating our 47 years together and putting cancer on the back burner.  It tends to take over your life if you let it.

Love,

Eldri

Us too!

Eldri my husband and I will be married 47 years coming April 19th! We all deserve this weekend off. May everyone have a wonderful Valentines Day!  In love and caring, Sandy

• HellieC
    HellieC Member Posts: 524 Member
    Thank you!

Thank you for the lovely Valentine wishes.  I hope you enjoy your break from this wicked disease.

Much love to everyone
    Helen xx

• Lou Ann M

Love,

Eldri

We celebrated 47 years on the 1st of Feb.  Lou Ann

• joannewtta
    joannewtta Member Posts: 43
    HellieC said:

Thank you!

Thank you for the lovely Valentine wishes.  I hope you enjoy your break from this wicked disease.

Much love to everyone
    Helen xx

We will be celebrating our

We will be celebrating our 51st on the 27th of Feb. Don't know what I would have done without him during all my treatment.

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Thank you! Unfortunately my

Thank you! Unfortunately my first chemo is tomorrow, but we have been enjoying the weekend

• Soup52 said:

Thank you! Unfortunately my first chemo is tomorrow, but we have been enjoying the weekend

Hi soup52 wishing you the best tomorrow.

I'm glad that you have are able to enjoy the weekend.  I too am trying to enjoy the weekend, albeit by myself, and I find it a little harder this year.  Don't get me wrong, I have my love of my life always in my heart, and that's not the downer, however, I'm not doing well with chemo anymore, and tomorrow they agreed reluctantly to allow me to have another chemo, my 4th out of 6.  unless something changes, it might be my last and that worries me.  I so envy everyone who has someone in their life, I celebrated with strangers in the bowling alley and brewery, but we were all having fun and that's what life is about.  Wishing you the best tomorrow.  Hugs Nancy

• Lou Ann M
    Soup52 said:

Hi Soup

Glad you got to enjoy the weekend.  I am hoping that everything goes well fo you,tomorrow.  Actuall chemo day is not hard.. It is the fear of the Unknown.  Chemo day , you get to sit in a comfy chair, maybe watch TV, and nurses and volunteers will wait on you.  If you are getting the Nuelasta shot make sure you start taking Claritin today and for a few days after.  Also. .. Stay hydrated.  Hugs and prayers for you.  Lou Ann

• Sandy3185
    Sandy3185 Member Posts: 228
    unknown said:

I'm glad that you have are able to enjoy the weekend.  I too am trying to enjoy the weekend, albeit by myself, and I find it a little harder this year.  Don't get me wrong, I have my love of my life always in my heart, and that's not the downer, however, I'm not doing well with chemo anymore, and tomorrow they agreed reluctantly to allow me to have another chemo, my 4th out of 6.  unless something changes, it might be my last and that worries me.  I so envy everyone who has someone in their life, I celebrated with strangers in the bowling alley and brewery, but we were all having fun and that's what life is about.  Wishing you the best tomorrow.  Hugs Nancy

Going it"alone"

Nancy you are so right, it is comforting to have a loving spouse by your side. But, I hope you have a family member or close friend to help you through this. And, you have us! We can't actually hold your hand but we can listen to your hopes, fears, your rants. Somebody here has almost certainly questioned what you question, found an answer to what your worrying about. And we love to help each other, give advise, answer questions offer comfort. Have a happy Valentines and remember all the happy years you had with Don!   Love, Sandy

• Red Corvette
    Red Corvette Member Posts: 114 Member
    Lou Ann M said:

Hi Soup

Glad you got to enjoy the weekend.  I am hoping that everything goes well fo you,tomorrow.  Actuall chemo day is not hard.. It is the fear of the Unknown.  Chemo day , you get to sit in a comfy chair, maybe watch TV, and nurses and volunteers will wait on you.  If you are getting the Nuelasta shot make sure you start taking Claritin today and for a few days after.  Also. .. Stay hydrated.  Hugs and prayers for you.  Lou Ann

Good Luck Soup

Good thoughts going out to you for a smooth and easy day for you tomorrow.

My wife's first chemo went easier than we thought and the day flew by.

Hope you have the same and know we are all thinking of you tomorrow.

Red

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Soup52 said:

Soup52

Hope your first chemo goes smoothly.  I'll be sending positive thoughts to you tomorrow.

Peace and strength.  You'll get through this.

Chris

• Soup52
    unknown said:

Thanks so much Nancy. My

Thanks so much Nancy. My husband and me had dinner out Saturday night and a nice dinner at home on Sunday where we watched a couple chick flicks at night. I took my 5 pills last night and finished off with my anti anxiety pill in hopes of not waking up in the middle of the night with scary thoughts that wouldn't go away. Yah, I was successful

• Soup52
    Lou Ann M said:

Hi Soup

Thanks Lou Ann

Thanks Lou Ann

• Soup52
    Editgrl said:

Soup52

Hope your first chemo goes smoothly.  I'll be sending positive thoughts to you tomorrow.

Peace and strength.  You'll get through this.

Chris

Thanks so much I appreciate

Thanks so much I appreciate everyone's support. I did write a longer post to Lou Ann and the whole thing didn't show up. I'm wondering if I did something wrong. Have you ever had a problem with this?

• Soup52
    Sandy3185 said:

Going it"alone"

Nancy you are so right, it is comforting to have a loving spouse by your side. But, I hope you have a family member or close friend to help you through this. And, you have us! We can't actually hold your hand but we can listen to your hopes, fears, your rants. Somebody here has almost certainly questioned what you question, found an answer to what your worrying about. And we love to help each other, give advise, answer questions offer comfort. Have a happy Valentines and remember all the happy years you had with Don!   Love, Sandy

My husband will be coming

My husband will be coming with me, but I'm not sure that he will stay the entire day. He's going to take a trip to the dentist for a crown that fell out last night. I'm not worried though. I'm the kind of person who will talk to anyone

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Soup52 said:

Thanks so much I appreciate

Thanks so much I appreciate everyone's support. I did write a longer post to Lou Ann and the whole thing didn't show up. I'm wondering if I did something wrong. Have you ever had a problem with this?

Wow... 47 years and 51 years

Ladies, That is so great! Congrats to all of you. Time just flies, doesn't it? :-)