Janderson...how are you?

Comments

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    jen2012 said:

I'm sorry ...this disease

I'm sorry ...this disease just sucks.

Oh, Jeff, I am so sorry the

Oh, Jeff, I am so sorry the procedure offered no relief. You remain in my heart and prayer. 

CM

• Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Dear Jeff, I have been

Dear Jeff, I have been thinking of you. God bless.

• vtspa6
    vtspa6 Member Posts: 172

No luck today. Not enough

No luck today. Not enough fluid to drain WTF. AlL the bloating is inflamed tissue. I am just supposed to live with it. My onc said to supplement with Boost or Ensure and start me on Fentynal patch. Great more drugs.

Just darn! Any bloating is

Just darn! Any bloating is uncomfortable and painful, but this has got to be off the charts!

• traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member

No luck today. Not enough

No luck today. Not enough fluid to drain WTF. AlL the bloating is inflamed tissue. I am just supposed to live with it. My onc said to supplement with Boost or Ensure and start me on Fentynal patch. Great more drugs.

darn it, so unfair

I hope you find some relief soon.  prayers for you my friend, Traci

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Hugs mate

You have meant a lot to a heap of people here. You have helped and supported so many . Wishing you freedom from pain and a miracle would not go astray either. Ron.

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    The bloating started out on

The bloating started out on my right side in the cavity where the 2 ribs that they removed used to be. Apparently fairly normal for that type of operation my oncologist and surgeon confirmed. It gradually moved to my upper abdomen and suddenly since my last treatment my lower abdomen got really bad. I emailed my concerns to my oncologist again yesterday. he said he would like to get my surgeons opinion. My surgeon couldnt offer an opinion until I get a scan. So they are setting up a scan now. It is definately nerve wracking and stressful. Not to mention very uncomfortable and painful at times. I cant stand to even look at myself in the mirror. Not because of vanity but it is scary to look at how much I have changed in a short time.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

The bloating started out on my right side in the cavity where the 2 ribs that they removed used to be. Apparently fairly normal for that type of operation my oncologist and surgeon confirmed. It gradually moved to my upper abdomen and suddenly since my last treatment my lower abdomen got really bad. I emailed my concerns to my oncologist again yesterday. he said he would like to get my surgeons opinion. My surgeon couldnt offer an opinion until I get a scan. So they are setting up a scan now. It is definately nerve wracking and stressful. Not to mention very uncomfortable and painful at times. I cant stand to even look at myself in the mirror. Not because of vanity but it is scary to look at how much I have changed in a short time.

Its very hard

to see ourselves with all of the scars criss-crossing our bodies, and now you have to deal with bloating, which disfigures you even more. And like you say, its not so much vanity but what Cancer has created; almost a monster; some kind of Frankenstien. 

I hope the can expidite your can and get you in today or tomorrow. The sooner the better. The sooner you know what is happening the better. 

Cyber hugs!

Sue - Trubrit

• vtspa6
    vtspa6 Member Posts: 172

I sure hope you get the

I sure hope you get the answers.  I pray that you can get some relief from this.

• lizard44
    lizard44 Member Posts: 409 Member

It's painful

to read about all you've been going through.  I can't begin  to imagine how painful and frustrating it must be for you. I join everyone in hoping you can get the scan you need pronto and that the doctors can  find a way to get rid of the bloating  and give you some relief.

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member

Jeff, i hope they figure

Jeff, i hope they figure things out quickly and they implement a plan that brings relief. You will continue to be in my thought and prayer.

• janderson1964
    Pain is getting better. I

Pain is getting better. I think the patch and the diuretics are helping. Almost done with 4th of treatment. It went surprisingly well with the nausea. The only bad thing was about 8 hrs of hiccups which have finally stopped. Scan next Wednesday the 10th at 8am. I have my sleeves rolled up and ready to fight.

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member

Pain is getting better. I think the patch and the diuretics are helping. Almost done with 4th of treatment. It went surprisingly well with the nausea. The only bad thing was about 8 hrs of hiccups which have finally stopped. Scan next Wednesday the 10th at 8am. I have my sleeves rolled up and ready to fight.

Glad the pain is getting

Glad the pain is getting better Jeff...and that you are as determined as ever!

• Phil64

Trooper

Jeff, you are a true trooper. Glad to hear that the pain is a little better and praying for continued relief and SUCCESSFUL treatments!

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member

You are one of the strongest people I know, Jeff

your tenacity and will to fight are just incredible.  

Keep it up!

• janderson1964
    This past treatment was

This past treatment was BRUTAL. Worse than the last treatment which I didn't think was possible. I had to have 2 days of IV fluid again.. diarrhea nausea constipation  urinary tract infraction you name it and I probably had it. The edema around my belly is getting. I eat lots of very tiny meals followed 1/2 fighting off nausea.. there were 2 nights that I didn't know if I would make it through the night. Either trying to stay awake or taking 15 minute naps. I am doing much better now. Thank God. I have a scan tomorrow but don't get results until next Tuesday. I wanted to have as peaceful of a weekend that I could have.

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member

This past treatment was

This past treatment was BRUTAL. Worse than the last treatment which I didn't think was possible. I had to have 2 days of IV fluid again.. diarrhea nausea constipation  urinary tract infraction you name it and I probably had it. The edema around my belly is getting. I eat lots of very tiny meals followed 1/2 fighting off nausea.. there were 2 nights that I didn't know if I would make it through the night. Either trying to stay awake or taking 15 minute naps. I am doing much better now. Thank God. I have a scan tomorrow but don't get results until next Tuesday. I wanted to have as peaceful of a weekend that I could have.

Dear Jeff,

Are you getting chemo now?

Not just the treatment but our nerves can make us feel terrible. I remember when I was diagnosed I could not sleep. I was walking up and down the living room and felt like if I stopped walking and massaging my body I will die. Great stress causes great panic in our body.

I wish you some restful days and expecting some good news on Tuesday.

Laz

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member

This past treatment was

Sorry this chemo is kicking

Sorry this chemo is kicking your butt Jeff.  After all this time, it would only be fair if it was easy on you.

cyn has a rice recipe that may help. Ive yet to make it for my husband but will be soon.

enjoy your weekend and prayers for good scan results.

• Phil64

This past treatment was

Jeff,
    Please know that there

Jeff,

Please know that there are many friends on this forum sending prayers and positive energy your way!

I'm sending prayers for Peace, Love, Light, and Healing!

Sincerely,

Phil

• janderson1964
    Phil64 said:

Jeff,
    Please know that there

Jeff,

Please know that there are many friends on this forum sending prayers and positive energy your way!

I'm sending prayers for Peace, Love, Light, and Healing!

Sincerely,

Phil

I know many love me here as I

I know many love me here as I all of you warriors but thanks for the reminder  Phil.

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member

I know many love me here as I

I know many love me here as I all of you warriors but thanks for the reminder  Phil.

Hugs!