Newly Diagnosed with Ocular Lymphoma sadly no subtype identified from biopsy

Suri16
Suri16 Member Posts: 3

My 70 year old mom was finally diagnosed with Ocular (eye) Lymphoma after vitrectomy procedure. Suffreing from uveitis and inflammation and vision problems for over a year. Her Lymphoma is in Uveitis area or viteous fluid of eye.

The report says they were not able to idently sub type. Could not do CD 20 marker. Only told us some kind of Lymphoma and high grade malignant tumor. Her Brain MRI and Petscan and Spinal Tap are all clear. They still call it Primary CNS lymphoma as it started in both her eyes.

We are in continious discussion with Opthomolagist and Oncologist to find right treatment for her. Met 5 doctors so far. Few say IV chemo -  R MPV regimen, high dose methotrexate , procarbazine etc.

The opthomogist and ocular oncogist say that since it is only limited to eye. Give direct shot of Methotrexate to eye. And no IV chemo as there is no other involvement so far.

We are very confused. Please advice what has been your experience.

Comments

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    Sorry

Suri,

Sue here at the board has been fighting a cancer in the same area for a while, but she has not written in some time. I believe her's migrated from an earlier lymphoma, but am not certain of that (that is, I am not sure if it was a per se CNS malignancy).  Her screen name is "allmost60", if you want to attempt to e-mail her privately.   I hope your mom's treatment works successfully and quickly,

max

• All my best

wish I could advise but is outside the realm of my experiences. I thought I had ocular lymphoma and have some of the symptoms. So far in watch and wait. Wish I could help. Best of luck.

• Suri16
    Suri16 Member Posts: 3

Sorry

Suri,

Sue here at the board has been fighting a cancer in the same area for a while, but she has not written in some time. I believe her's migrated from an earlier lymphoma, but am not certain of that (that is, I am not sure if it was a per se CNS malignancy).  Her screen name is "allmost60", if you want to attempt to e-mail her privately.   I hope your mom's treatment works successfully and quickly,

max

thx

Thanks so much Max

i will try and email

- sarah