Weird Day

mrou50
mrou50 Member Posts: 389 Member

My wife and I schedulted my results day a week after my scan on purpose to be after Christmas, since last year we found out that my cancer had returned  on Christmas eve.  I was watching football with my sons when my  primary physician called she wanted to make sure I was okay and I said I felt fine and she said she recieved the results of my scan from Monday and she started explaining to me that not only has that cancer started growing back in my lungs, including a very large one, but that it has spread to my trachea. She asked me what my Oncologist had planned to do about it, and I told her I was not meeting him until Monday of next week and that I had not received the results yet until she told me.  Now mind you my primary physisian is awesome and she is always worried about me but I really did not want to know until after Christmas, but her heart was in the right place.  

So I guess long story short Uncle NED decided to leave before we had Christmas dinner with him, well I got news for him I am taking his Christmas gift back to Walmart and buying me a new hammer.

Mark

Comments

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    Mark, sorry for the bad news!

Mark, sorry for the bad news!  I love your attitude though.  I am not sure if you were on meds, but there are plenty that can be very helpful!  Be careful with that hammer! Keep your chin up! Sending hugs, prayers and positive thoughts your way!  

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    angec said:

Mark, sorry for the bad news!

Mark, sorry for the bad news!  I love your attitude though.  I am not sure if you were on meds, but there are plenty that can be very helpful!  Be careful with that hammer! Keep your chin up! Sending hugs, prayers and positive thoughts your way!  

Dang Mark, I am bummed that

Dang Mark, I am bummed that this news did not follow your special plan to wait. And you feel fine? Really?

Well good for some things I guess. Embrace your loved ones ( I know you are) and record each and every memory you share. We all should live like that.

Just know we (I) will walk along side you all the way, Mark!

Let us know what helps okay?

In the meantime, breathe in and take with you these healing vibes I am sending right now!

Gentle hugs,

Jan

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    Jan4you said:

Dang Mark, I am bummed that

Dang Mark, I am bummed that this news did not follow your special plan to wait. And you feel fine? Really?

Well good for some things I guess. Embrace your loved ones ( I know you are) and record each and every memory you share. We all should live like that.

Just know we (I) will walk along side you all the way, Mark!

Let us know what helps okay?

In the meantime, breathe in and take with you these healing vibes I am sending right now!

Gentle hugs,

Jan

Hi Mark,
    I am so sorry to

Hi Mark,

I am so sorry to hear your news. I know that with your fabulous attitude and wonderful family supporting you, you will get through this.

Thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.

Hugs

Jojo

• Mark, I am sorry you got this

Mark, I am sorry you got this news today.  Question- did you or do you have any symptoms indicating mets in the lungs or trachea, such as pain, coughing, etc? I see from your post that you said you felt fine today.    Was wondering if there has been any physical symptoms in the last few weeks/months. 

• mrou50

Mark, I am sorry you got this

Mark, I am sorry you got this news today.  Question- did you or do you have any symptoms indicating mets in the lungs or trachea, such as pain, coughing, etc? I see from your post that you said you felt fine today.    Was wondering if there has been any physical symptoms in the last few weeks/months. 

Symptoms

I have been coughing up blood and blood clots for a few weeks, but no pain or anything else. I was going to call my ONC but I figured I had an appointment coming up so I would wait and just see. I thought for sure that the Votrient stopped working but I did not expect the cancer to go beyong my lungs like that.  

• Shecka1121
    Shecka1121 Member Posts: 117 Member
    mrou50 said:

Symptoms

I have been coughing up blood and blood clots for a few weeks, but no pain or anything else. I was going to call my ONC but I figured I had an appointment coming up so I would wait and just see. I thought for sure that the Votrient stopped working but I did not expect the cancer to go beyong my lungs like that.  

I am very sorry to hear that

I am very sorry to hear that you did not get the best news today.  Hopefully you will have an attack plan once you meet with the ONC.  I guess you need to schedule your future scans around a different holiday.

• nancybuck
    nancybuck Member Posts: 117
    So Sorry

I am so sorry for your recent findings. Please know that I will be praying for you and that a new protocol will be available for you.

I am wishing you and your family a very blessed Christmas.

Kind regards to you,

Nancy

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    nancybuck said:

So Sorry

I am so sorry for your recent findings. Please know that I will be praying for you and that a new protocol will be available for you.

I am wishing you and your family a very blessed Christmas.

Kind regards to you,

Nancy

I'm so sorry you got such bad

I'm so sorry you got such bad news but I'm sure the oncologist has a plan for dealing with it. Keeping your and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

• mrou50
    Thanks

Thanks for all the kind support, I spoke with my family and we are not letting this ruin our holiday time together, I won't give Cancer that power. 

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    mrou50 said:

Thanks

Thanks for all the kind support, I spoke with my family and we are not letting this ruin our holiday time together, I won't give Cancer that power. 

Good for you, Mark! Enjoy

Good for you, Mark! Enjoy every minute of this special holiday with your loved ones.

Hoping everyone else on this forum also enjoys their holidays - with much peace and love.

Hugs

Jojo

• cakelady
    cakelady Member Posts: 63
    Love and prayers

are out to you, Mark.  I have you in my thoughts; here's hoping for a good plan and results for the new year!

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    cakelady said:

Love and prayers

are out to you, Mark.  I have you in my thoughts; here's hoping for a good plan and results for the new year!

Very sorry to hear... But it

Very sorry to hear... But it is better to know and act sooner. Screw these mets, you'll show them!

• mrou50
    Tomorrow

Tomorrow I have the offical results form my ONC even though my Primary already gave me the results.  I told my wife to act surprised, I dont want to get in the middle of a doctor war, and what I have learned through all of the this doctors are very teritorial.  My kidney doctor handles the kidney, blood pressure, etc., my ONC handles everything cancer related, and Primary handles cold and flu, and broken bones etc.  Once there was some confusion and there were some doctors who got offeneded, so I stay out of that mess now.  At least tomorrow I will know what direction we are going to head in, I do know that my Primary doctor said that the tumor forming near or on (I did not quite understand her) my trachea is very concerning.  I read a couple of journal medicine articles one US, one Britain and they both established that RCC rarely invades the trachea, and parotid gland, according to the article less than 8 percent of metastatic RCC spread there, if I could only get this kind of luck in the lottery.  

Anyway thanks for everyones support I will keep everyone posted on what the ONC is going to have me do next.

Mark

• mrou50 said:

Tomorrow

Tomorrow I have the offical results form my ONC even though my Primary already gave me the results.  I told my wife to act surprised, I dont want to get in the middle of a doctor war, and what I have learned through all of the this doctors are very teritorial.  My kidney doctor handles the kidney, blood pressure, etc., my ONC handles everything cancer related, and Primary handles cold and flu, and broken bones etc.  Once there was some confusion and there were some doctors who got offeneded, so I stay out of that mess now.  At least tomorrow I will know what direction we are going to head in, I do know that my Primary doctor said that the tumor forming near or on (I did not quite understand her) my trachea is very concerning.  I read a couple of journal medicine articles one US, one Britain and they both established that RCC rarely invades the trachea, and parotid gland, according to the article less than 8 percent of metastatic RCC spread there, if I could only get this kind of luck in the lottery.  

Anyway thanks for everyones support I will keep everyone posted on what the ONC is going to have me do next.

Mark

Mark, good luck tomorrow.

Mark, good luck tomorrow. Someone I know had 20 year recurrence of breast cancer in the trachea.  She had the tumor ablated, went through several rounds of chemo, and she came out of it fine.  They did a little damage to her vocal cord, but that is healing up well too. If you are in the NYC area, I could get the name of the doctor, if that helps.