NED!!!!Scanxiety big time: 2 year mark for my husband

sblairc
sblairc Member Posts: 585 Member
edited October 2015 in Kidney Cancer #1

Well, I've been dreading this upcoming week. Our family has suffered some losses this month and it just seems like we can't catch a break. Today we our 10 year old daughter accompanied is to her first funeral, for an amazing family member gone too soon to cancer. Later this month, my husbands close friend will also be having cancer surgery, and we are just months out of the unexpected, abrupt death of one of his best friends. I also lost a student, tragically this week. So much, so close together. 

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as my husband goes for his scans Wednesday. 

Comments

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    I'm so sorry you're going

I'm so sorry you're going through so much in such a short time. Wishing you the very best and some respite from worries and anxiety.

• nancybuck
    nancybuck Member Posts: 117
    So sorry

I am so sorry for all that your family has and will be going through. I will  keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. I myself, will be having surgery for kidney cancer tomorrow. Seems like times are trying for so many of us.

Nancy

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    nancybuck said:

So sorry

I am so sorry for all that your family has and will be going through. I will  keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. I myself, will be having surgery for kidney cancer tomorrow. Seems like times are trying for so many of us.

Nancy

So many tragic things

So many tragic things happening simultaneously, so sorry for your situation... But even the longest chain of terrible things ends sooner or later. It will end with your husbands good scans. Scanxiety is devastating, but Wednesday is very soon. So very soon you'll. Be able to sigh with relief!

• DonMiller
    DonMiller Member Posts: 109
    Scanxiety

It never goes away.  I am three years NED   11CM  Stage 3 Grade 3.  The only constructive thing I was able to do was arrange for same day results.  It just sucks but we are all still here!!!

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    nancybuck said:

So sorry

Nancy

Good luck with the surgery

May it be as boring as possible.

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    So sorry to hear what you

So sorry to hear what you have been going through lately, Sarah. I have noticed that it has been quieter on your end - I always hope that it is for good reasons. It does always seem to happen at once, doesn't it? Hoping this is the end of it, and your husband's scans mark a new trend for you and that NED arrives at your doorstep.

And Nancy - good luck tomorrow! My thoughts and prayers are with you both!

Big Hugs

Jojo

• nancybuck

Good luck with the surgery

May it be as boring as possible.

Thank you so much

Thank you so much Footstomper. I am nervous but hopeful. Be well my friend.

• nancybuck
    Jojo61 said:

So sorry to hear what you

So sorry to hear what you have been going through lately, Sarah. I have noticed that it has been quieter on your end - I always hope that it is for good reasons. It does always seem to happen at once, doesn't it? Hoping this is the end of it, and your husband's scans mark a new trend for you and that NED arrives at your doorstep.

And Nancy - good luck tomorrow! My thoughts and prayers are with you both!

Big Hugs

Jojo

Thank you so much JoJo. Ready

Thank you so much JoJo. Ready to get this DONE! Be well friend.

• sblairc
    You guys are so awesome.

Allocha, I am so thankful for your perspective on the situation. It totally changed my outlook. I never thought about it that way. 

I think we have some good karma coming this way, I can feel it. 

Hope surgery goes well Nancy and that NED is paying SEVERAL visits this week. 

Until then, it's a nice Nyquil cocktail every night for me followed by a big Red Bull morning!! 

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    sblairc said:

You guys are so awesome.

Allocha, I am so thankful for your perspective on the situation. It totally changed my outlook. I never thought about it that way. 

I think we have some good karma coming this way, I can feel it. 

Hope surgery goes well Nancy and that NED is paying SEVERAL visits this week. 

Until then, it's a nice Nyquil cocktail every night for me followed by a big Red Bull morning!! 

You've got my Karma coming your way too!

• cheatinlil
    cheatinlil Member Posts: 197
    foxhd said:

You've got my Karma coming your way too!

rootin for ya!

Keep us posted Sblairc, we are rooting for yall!

• sblairc
    And, we are off to the scan.

Heading out. Dropping our daughter off at school with lots of extra treats in her lunch because life is TOO SHORT to hoard the good candy!!!

Think good thoughts for us.  We expect results today. I hope NED likes lasagna cause that's what's for dinner!!!

• APny
    sblairc said:

Heading out. Dropping our daughter off at school with lots of extra treats in her lunch because life is TOO SHORT to hoard the good candy!!!

Think good thoughts for us.  We expect results today. I hope NED likes lasagna cause that's what's for dinner!!!

NED loves lasagna so he's

NED loves lasagna so he's heading your way :)

• gingersnaps
    gingersnaps Member Posts: 67 Member
    sblairc said:

Ned.

Good luck.  Just said a prayer for both you and your husband. After today you can breathe easy for awhile.

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member

Ned.

Good luck.  Just said a prayer for both you and your husband. After today you can breathe easy for awhile.

Hoping Ned not only drops by

Hoping Ned not only drops by for lasagne, but also brings the champagne!!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!

Hugs

Jojo

• sblairc
    Phew!!! Ned came to dinner!

Stage T3a, NO MO chromophobe with extensive tumor necrosis. Well, TOO BAD because it's now 2 years NED.

Jojo YOU ARE NEXT!!!! Get ready to celebrate. 

I crashed at 6:30 and slept.  This was a tough week. Now to gear up for friend's cancer surgery in the upcoming weeks. Her prognosis is good, but the surgery will be extensive. If you pray, please add her to your prayers I know she will appreciate. 

This morning we review report with Oncologist and ask about some additional findings (gall stones). He'll also probably yell about his weight gain. But tonight we celebrate. 

May I say how amazing you all are here? Thanks everyone. 

• APny
    sblairc said:

Stage T3a, NO MO chromophobe with extensive tumor necrosis. Well, TOO BAD because it's now 2 years NED.

I crashed at 6:30 and slept.  This was a tough week. Now to gear up for friend's cancer surgery in the upcoming weeks. Her prognosis is good, but the surgery will be extensive. If you pray, please add her to your prayers I know she will appreciate. 

This morning we review report with Oncologist and ask about some additional findings (gall stones). He'll also probably yell about his weight gain. But tonight we celebrate. 

Wonderful news! Hope Uncle

Wonderful news! Hope Uncle NED enjoyed the lasagna before being kicked out to be on his way to Jojo. Very happy to hear your good news. You must be so relieved.

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    sblairc said:

Excellent

There's definitely some strong karma floating around here

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member

Excellent

There's definitely some strong karma floating around here

Amazing, amazing! String of

Amazing, amazing! String of bad events is over! Good luck to your friend with the surgery, and to Jojo, of course! Her turn to cook smth for our uncle :-)

• a_oaklee
    a_oaklee Member Posts: 566 Member
    Congrats

Congratulations!  Best wishes!