Upcoming Pet Scan

Hi,  My name is Robyn

I have Stage 4 Lg Bcell nhl.

I have had four rchop treatments so far, expecting 6-8.

I have a pet scan scheduled to check my progress on the 12th.

Of course I'm expecting the diagnoses to be good and that I'm responding to the treatment well. 

But, my question is what if I'm not,  what then? 

Comments

• Sten
    Sten Member Posts: 162 Member
    Only the doctors will know

Hi Robyn,

This disease can be different for different people. The best thing to do is to check with your doctors.

Good luck!

Sten

• cocfan
    cocfan Member Posts: 7
    Sten said:

Only the doctors will know

Hi Robyn,

This disease can be different for different people. The best thing to do is to check with your doctors.

Good luck!

Sten

only the Doctors will know

I guess I knew that already, I'm just experiencing alot of anxiety and thought it might help to hear from others. Thank you for responding. 

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 868 Member
    cocfan said:

only the Doctors will know

I guess I knew that already, I'm just experiencing alot of anxiety and thought it might help to hear from others. Thank you for responding. 

Scanxiety

Welcome to the group, Robyn. You are experiencing what we "lovingly" refer to as scanxiety around here. We understand what you are going through. My best advice is to try to keep your mind off it as much as possible. Try to stay as positive as possible. Humor helps a lot. Try watching funny movies and videos--there are so many out there. Fresh air helps too and it is coming into a beautiful time of year. Go for a walk if you can, or sit outside to read, or open a window. 

Here's one to get you started: The Real Housewives of Chemotherapy

Hugs,

Rocquie

• lindary
    lindary Member Posts: 711 Member
    Rocquie said:

Scanxiety

Welcome to the group, Robyn. You are experiencing what we "lovingly" refer to as scanxiety around here. We understand what you are going through. My best advice is to try to keep your mind off it as much as possible. Try to stay as positive as possible. Humor helps a lot. Try watching funny movies and videos--there are so many out there. Fresh air helps too and it is coming into a beautiful time of year. Go for a walk if you can, or sit outside to read, or open a window. 

Hugs,

Rocquie

FNHL

I was diagnosed with stgae 4 follicular non-hodkins lymphoma Dec of 2014. Had CT & PET scan before chemo. Had 4 R-CHOP sessions and then a CT scan. Showed good shrinkage in the tumor in my abdomen, which is what alerted my dr to the problem n the first place. After the 6th R-CHOP another CT scan was done and there was still some shrinkage but not as much as hoped. My cancer was resistant to the R-CHOP. I just finished 3 sessions of RICE at the hospital and now am scheduled for another Bone Marrow and CT scan. This is prep for Stem Cell Transplant which will start probably around the beginning of Nov. When this started I figured I could deal with 6 3 week treatments. That started at the end of Jan and here were are in OCT and I still have more to go. So far my health and strength have been doing ok. I look at it this way. Am I have anxiety or second thoughts? At times, yes. Will I keep going, as long as I can. It's the "one foot in front of the other" method. Plus 3 grown kids and 4 grand kids. 

It's a rough road we all travel once diagnosed with cancer. Once the road is conquered we feel like a champion/survior.

• cocfan
    lindary said:

FNHL

I was diagnosed with stgae 4 follicular non-hodkins lymphoma Dec of 2014. Had CT & PET scan before chemo. Had 4 R-CHOP sessions and then a CT scan. Showed good shrinkage in the tumor in my abdomen, which is what alerted my dr to the problem n the first place. After the 6th R-CHOP another CT scan was done and there was still some shrinkage but not as much as hoped. My cancer was resistant to the R-CHOP. I just finished 3 sessions of RICE at the hospital and now am scheduled for another Bone Marrow and CT scan. This is prep for Stem Cell Transplant which will start probably around the beginning of Nov. When this started I figured I could deal with 6 3 week treatments. That started at the end of Jan and here were are in OCT and I still have more to go. So far my health and strength have been doing ok. I look at it this way. Am I have anxiety or second thoughts? At times, yes. Will I keep going, as long as I can. It's the "one foot in front of the other" method. Plus 3 grown kids and 4 grand kids. 

It's a rough road we all travel once diagnosed with cancer. Once the road is conquered we feel like a champion/survior.

Thank you for sharing your

Thank you for sharing your story, I'm sorry you have to go through all of that.  I'll have to look up Follicular NHL.  I have three grown children but no grand kids yet.  I'd like to be around for that. 

I feel like you did,  "I can handle six rounds of rchop".

I didnt give much thought to more than that till now.

I miss working but it takes 10 days after treatment to feel half way decent again. I hope that's not a bad sign. 

I have seen several posts where people are saying they are handling the treatments wth very little side effects and are able to work.  I don't know how they do it. 

• cocfan
    Rocquie said:

Scanxiety

Hugs,

Rocquie

Love the vid! Laughed out

Love the vid! Laughed out loud several times!  Thanks for sharing! 

• lindary
    lindary Member Posts: 711 Member
    cocfan said:

Thank you for sharing your

Thank you for sharing your story, I'm sorry you have to go through all of that.  I'll have to look up Follicular NHL.  I have three grown children but no grand kids yet.  I'd like to be around for that. 

I feel like you did,  "I can handle six rounds of rchop".

I didnt give much thought to more than that till now.

I miss working but it takes 10 days after treatment to feel half way decent again. I hope that's not a bad sign. 

I have seen several posts where people are saying they are handling the treatments wth very little side effects and are able to work.  I don't know how they do it. 

Work

I can work from home which really helps. For R-Chop that was one day with Prednisone on that day an 4 days after. Those days were usually easy to work. It was the 2 - 3 days after stopping the Prednisone. I was usually able to go into the office after that. With the RICE it is so different. Stronger drugs and for 3 days (72 hours).  Sunday sleep, Monday sleep and start work late. Tues not as sleepy and I can think better but I do not feel safe driving. Then there are the medical visits where I have to work from home. If all goes well this time I am hoping to get into the office next Mon or Wed. The other days I have medical appts. Two thngs about my character - I am stuborn and I am nosy. This last is why I like to be in the office, so I know what is going on. Of course I won't do anything to jepordize my health and my bosses know that, and remind me of it.