A get together for DC area folks?

Talmidah
Talmidah Member Posts: 25

Hi everyone - I hope you had a great 4th of July.  Found that I was too tired to sit for 3-4 hours waiting for our local fireworks - to say that I was disappointed is an understatement but it's just 10 days since I had surgery.  That said, I walked 3.5 miles on the C&O trail yesterday! I know folks are busy or not necessary feeling their best, but it seems to me there are quite a few of us from the Baltimore-Washington-Northern VA area.  I would welcome a chance to get together and meet you - it could be at our house or at a central location.  Thoughts? 

Linda

Comments

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,062 Member
    I'd love to meet you all,

I'd love to meet you all, guys, but I live "across the pond' in a small country in Northern Europe :-) :-) :-) 

• I am alive
    I am alive Member Posts: 315
    Great idea

Hi Linda,

I think it's a great idea to get together. About 10 or 12 of us in the Philly area did that recently and it was comforting and informative. We decided to meet again in several months. You might have to reach out via private messages to people who you  know are in your area - not everyone trolls the site regularly. Good luck putting it all together! One of the things we took away was - here we were, all stage 4 battling various tumor sites, and WE ALL LOOKED INCREDIBLY HEALTHY!!!  Felt pretty damn good, too! 

Xxoo

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member

Great idea

Hi Linda,

I think it's a great idea to get together. About 10 or 12 of us in the Philly area did that recently and it was comforting and informative. We decided to meet again in several months. You might have to reach out via private messages to people who you  know are in your area - not everyone trolls the site regularly. Good luck putting it all together! One of the things we took away was - here we were, all stage 4 battling various tumor sites, and WE ALL LOOKED INCREDIBLY HEALTHY!!!  Felt pretty damn good, too! 

Xxoo

Footstomper

Frederick MD at your service

• thaxter
    thaxter Member Posts: 124
    70 mi SW of DC near Culpeper,

70 mi SW of DC near Culpeper, VA

• dhs1963
    dhs1963 Member Posts: 513
    NoVA here....I could be up for it

I cant believe 10 days after surgery, you walked 3.5 miles...

I could be up for something. 

(Vienna, VA)

• Talmidah
    dhs1963 said:

NoVA here....I could be up for it

I cant believe 10 days after surgery, you walked 3.5 miles...

I could be up for something. 

(Vienna, VA)

Let's plan for a DC-MD-No VA get together this fall

Thanks to everyone who responded with interest.  I realize some folks don't check this site very often, if at all, and so it was suggested I go out on Facebook.  I have a confession to make - I don't do Facebook and wouldn't know where to start.  Any suggestions for sharing the idea and getting details out would be greatly appreciated.

• danbren2
    danbren2 Member Posts: 311
    Love meeting new people!

My side of the tracks are Southern Maryland! I think a get together would be great!

• damatken
    damatken Member Posts: 16
    Get together sounds great!

We are in WV and would love to meet more folks and share information, ideas, encouragement.  If this meeting/group does form, please message me.  Sounds like a fantastic idea!

• Talmidah
    I'm glad there is some interest

Thanks to everyone who indicated an interest.  I see folks from MD, VA, and WV.   Sorry I haven't responded sooner but almost immediately after sending this message bragging on my recovery, I hit a post-operative tailspin that is still playing itself out.  That said, I am committed.   I was thinking about Sunday November 1 around 1 PM (we can eat all the leftover Halloween candy).  If you are still up for it, please send me a message at bergo72@hotmail.com.  Let me know how many may come with you and if you have special dietary requirements.  Footstomper, I'm counting on you to be there. 

Linda