Cervical Cancer: Bleeding

Can anyone who has cervical cancer please tell me how soon after treatment the bleeding will stop?

The radialogical oncologist told us that the radiation treatments should stop the bleeding.  My aunt is getting radiation and chemo, and she is also taking Lovenox shots (which thins the blood to avoid clots).  we have had to get several blood transfusions already because she is anemic, but it seems like we really need to stop the bleeding ASAP.

I'm just concerned and was hoping someone might be able to answer this question.  Thank you, and I will continue to pray for all of you.

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,360 Member
    Air, I am sorry I did not

Air, I am sorry I did not have cervical cancer, but if there is a concern I would recommend calling the doctor's office and asking for assistance.  If she is anemic and losing blood that is not good.  Everyone is different and while some women may have had this some may not.

I am hoping one of the cervical cancer women can advise, I am a visitor from the Uterine board. 

• ccfighter
    ccfighter Member Posts: 476
    I have cervical cancer but

I have cervical cancer but did not experience bleeding except after intercourse.  I know that it is common with cervical cancer so your aunt is not alone.  Radiation should help to stop the bleeding but I don't know exactly how long this will take.  I think that everyone is different.  I hope your aunt is feeling well and that her doctors are discussing your concerns with you.  Try to help keep adequate iron in her diet and lots of fluids.  Many women have required blood transfusions during treatment and have come out healthy on the other side.  Good luck and keep us posted.  Any other questions feel free to ask.  Hugs.

• hopeful1973
    hopeful1973 Member Posts: 3
    ccfighter said:

I have cervical cancer but

I have cervical cancer but did not experience bleeding except after intercourse.  I know that it is common with cervical cancer so your aunt is not alone.  Radiation should help to stop the bleeding but I don't know exactly how long this will take.  I think that everyone is different.  I hope your aunt is feeling well and that her doctors are discussing your concerns with you.  Try to help keep adequate iron in her diet and lots of fluids.  Many women have required blood transfusions during treatment and have come out healthy on the other side.  Good luck and keep us posted.  Any other questions feel free to ask.  Hugs.

I have cervical cancer and

I have cervical cancer and dealt with the extreme bleeding.  It did stop about 2 months after my first radiation and chemo treatments. I even went to the emergency room once over the heavy bleeding. It does stop. .

• ccfighter
    ccfighter Member Posts: 476

I have cervical cancer and dealt with the extreme bleeding.  It did stop about 2 months after my first radiation and chemo treatments. I even went to the emergency room once over the heavy bleeding. It does stop. .

Hopeful,
    i hope you are doing

Hopeful,

i hope you are doing well now.  Hugs.

• hopeful1973
    hopeful1973 Member Posts: 3
    ccfighter said:

Hopeful,
    i hope you are doing

Hopeful,

i hope you are doing well now.  Hugs.

I'm doing well today. Hope

I'm doing well today. Hope you are too. 

• Air
    Air Member Posts: 15

Thank you

Hi Hopeful, I appreciate your response, and I'm so sorry you had to experience that.  It sounds like you had to go through something very similar to my aunt, and getting the bleeding under control has been one of the main issues/difficulties that she had to face.  after several rounds of radiation, it has mostly stopped.  We are very grateful.  I hope everyone is well, continuing to pray for you all.