No treatment - how long?

jim and i
jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member

My mom has LC with 2 lymph nodes and matastis to one eye. She has chosen no treatment. I can find nowhere that gives a prognosis for how long she has to live. Anyone have an idea?  Debbie

Comments

• dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member
    No easy answer to that question.

Much will depend on where the cancer metasticises to next, some nsclc is more agressive than the exact same disease in someone else.  I can share my mom's experience.  Due to active Chrohns disease at the time of her diagnosis she could not have chemo, even the 'less harsh' Tarceva was too difficult for her to tolerate.  She did have WBR though to help with the pain from those mets.  From the time she was diagnosed to the time of her passing it was 4.5 months.  

Your mom may have more time she may have less.   I would ask to bring hospice on right away.  

• Ladylacy
    Ladylacy Member Posts: 773 Member
    How Long

Debbie, no one knows how long except the man upstairs.  Joe is still fighting and has been since he declined all further treatment in February 2013 although he is declining every day now.  I had an aunt who was diagnosed with esophageal cancer that spread and she declined further treatment and lasted for over a year and then one of our granddaughter's husband was diagnosed with brain cancer and went fast and I don't think age has anything to do with it. 

I am so sorry to hear about your mother.  You have been thru a lot in the last few years.  I pray that your mother won't suffer and I am thankful that that is something Joe isn't doing, even the hospice nurses are surprised that his pain level is so low. 

Wishing you and your mother peace and comfort -- Sharon