3 years since nephrectomy

strongmind
strongmind Member Posts: 34

Yesterday it was 3 years since my husband had left nephrectomy. He was diagnosed on March 22nd, 2012 with stage IV RCC, mets to lungs , brain and spine at young age of 32.

Today he is doing great after full nephrectomy, 4 rounds of HDIL-2, 4 times cyber knife for multiple brain mets and 3 weeks of radiation for spine met. Hardest part was to wean off from Decadron, evil steroid..After his diagnosis, I became hypochondriac But I feel this forum is great. Got couragement to deal with this monster.

Good luck and many wishes.

Comments

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    That is wonderful news! Very

That is wonderful news! Very inspiring too! Thank you for sharing with us.

Here's to continued good health!

Hugs

Jojo

• strongmind
    Jojo61 said:

That is wonderful news! Very

That is wonderful news! Very inspiring too! Thank you for sharing with us.

Here's to continued good health!

Hugs

Jojo

Thank you Jojo

Wishing you also best of health.

Although in January's 6 month scan, there was one 2 mm spot on his lungs but it was too small to say anything. Now they are doing Lungs scan next week to see its status. otherwise he is on  6months scan. I am nervous...

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,041 Member

Thank you Jojo

Wishing you also best of health.

Although in January's 6 month scan, there was one 2 mm spot on his lungs but it was too small to say anything. Now they are doing Lungs scan next week to see its status. otherwise he is on  6months scan. I am nervous...

You've done well

keep up the tests and the positive attitude.

Donna

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    donna_lee said:

You've done well

Donna

WOW What a journey you both

WOW What a journey you both have been going through. Glad you came here to get information and support!

Keep us posted. I cannot imagine what you both are going through, but know that we'll walk along side you both if you want us to.

Gentle hugs and healing thoughts!

Jan

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    Jan4you said:

WOW What a journey you both

WOW What a journey you both have been going through. Glad you came here to get information and support!

Keep us posted. I cannot imagine what you both are going through, but know that we'll walk along side you both if you want us to.

Gentle hugs and healing thoughts!

Jan

I fully understand your

I fully understand your nerves about coming scans ( as we all do). But lots of people here have benign lung lesions, so lets hope for the best.

And I also know how hard it is to be a hypochondriac. Please do your best to fight it, it can kill all the joy in life. I had it 4 years ago after first miscarriage and suspected multiple sclerosis, but I got muuuch better. Unfortunately fiance's diagnosis brought some of anxiety back. Sometimes health anxiety can be as destructive as serious disease. Are you fighting it somehow?

• strongmind
    donna_lee said:

You've done well

Donna

Thanks Donna..

Actually more than me, my husband's attitude is positive..you know we both get strength from each other.

• strongmind
    Allochka said:

I fully understand your

I fully understand your nerves about coming scans ( as we all do). But lots of people here have benign lung lesions, so lets hope for the best.

And I also know how hard it is to be a hypochondriac. Please do your best to fight it, it can kill all the joy in life. I had it 4 years ago after first miscarriage and suspected multiple sclerosis, but I got muuuch better. Unfortunately fiance's diagnosis brought some of anxiety back. Sometimes health anxiety can be as destructive as serious disease. Are you fighting it somehow?

Thank you

Thank you Jan and Allochka..

I think its normal to get anxious when your loved one or you get diagnosed with something serious but it should not let control your mind and body. I was kind of depressed thoughout 2012 but then realised that my worries are not solution. We have 8 years old twins ( then they were 5), I had to take care of them too. I started Yoga, deep breathing excercises, and NOT to google anything...I think more than anything Google made me depressed..LOL...

I have seen many inspiring people here....It gives you strength..Best wishes to all..