Started Chemo Today and My First NED From PET Scan Last Week

NewHere
NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member

So far doing well, about 5 hours after hook up :)  (Oxaliplatin not in mix until 2nd session)  Pump looks like a giant Tylenol capsule, not battery or noise.  Works on body heat and vaccum as internal balloon collapses.  

Also results of PET scan came back with no evidence of cancer elsewhere.  There are a couple of real small spots, too small as cancer if in fact they are cancer, so as of now I guess this is my first NED.  About 7 weeks after diagnosis and 5 weeks after surgery.  I know I have got a way to go still of course, but one day at a time and like the bit of good news when it comes in.

Thanks again all for the adivce and support.  

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Woo hoo!!

I believe in celebrating everything, and so, with no further ado, here is your celebratory Happy Dancing Man 

I think this is your first HDM, and I pray it will be the first of many. 

So, your first treatment is over, so now you know what to expect from infusion. I hope your pump works better than mine, is certainly sounds more updated. I hope that you are spared any side effects this first time around.

And of course, congratulations on your first NED. May it continue for years and years and years to come. 

Trubrit - Sue

• Steve444
    Steve444 Member Posts: 105 Member
    Congrats!

I'm glad to hear your PET scan results were good.

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Steve444 said:

Congrats!

You hang in there

its a marathon and not always a waltz...

any good news you take is good....oxy can be a tough ride for some but we'll get into that when the time is the time.

proud of you so keep going and am happy for you.

ive made it 10.5 years so far so I undersrand a few things:)

take care.

craig

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    Congrats

on your first NED, I'm sure the first of many. You got this, piece of cake!

Easyflip/Richard

• MAliceR
    MAliceR Member Posts: 98
    Congratulations!

Always take the good news and run with it! Hopefully your treatment will continue to go well and you will be getting many more of those NED results! 

• lilacbrroller
    lilacbrroller Member Posts: 412 Member
    MAliceR said:

Congratulations!

Always take the good news and run with it! Hopefully your treatment will continue to go well and you will be getting many more of those NED results! 

congrats

Is your take home pump shaped like a pill capsule? Mine (for 5fu) was like an 80s Sony walkman.

congrats on the status -

atb

Karin

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member

congrats

Is your take home pump shaped like a pill capsule? Mine (for 5fu) was like an 80s Sony walkman.

congrats on the status -

atb

Karin

Chemo pump

Since it was 5 years ago, I don't remember what it looked like.  But everything worked! I've been NED ever since 2010.

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Wonderful

That is really great news and glad that you are doing well.  Thanks for posting your positive news as it helps the just recently (which you are) diagnosed some good news that they can look forward to as well.  Wishing you continued good health.

Kim

• NewHere
    Trubrit said:

Woo hoo!!

I believe in celebrating everything, and so, with no further ado, here is your celebratory Happy Dancing Man 

I think this is your first HDM, and I pray it will be the first of many. 

So, your first treatment is over, so now you know what to expect from infusion. I hope your pump works better than mine, is certainly sounds more updated. I hope that you are spared any side effects this first time around.

And of course, congratulations on your first NED. May it continue for years and years and years to come. 

Trubrit - Sue

Thanks ...Me Too

I am happy with the result for sure.  I know it is early in the game, and a minor thing (sort of), but after all the bits of news from "Hey there is something" to "It is IIIC" I was braced for whatever news came in and that it may have been elsewhere.  HDM rocks :)

Got disconnected yesterday from the pump.  Worked like a champ so far.  Biggest issue is that my right side with the tube into the port leaves that side off for sleeping.  Which is a pretty small issue.  Kept on thinking I had something in my pocket of my sweatshirt or something if I moved my hand near it.  Kept on going "Oh yeah, that."  LOL.  Cuaght it once or twice on a chair and throught I would pull it out.  DOH!!!  

So far no real issues.  Took the anti nausea pills and think I had faint traces, but could have been in my head.  Same for being tired.  Very well just all the things I am going through as compared to an actual reaction.

Next time they ad the Ox. Gak.  

• NewHere
    Steve444 said:

Congrats!

Thanks

I am sorry to hear about yours.  Thoughts are with you as you beat this #$%^&^$&^  again....

• NewHere
    Sundanceh said:

You hang in there

its a marathon and not always a waltz...

any good news you take is good....oxy can be a tough ride for some but we'll get into that when the time is the time.

proud of you so keep going and am happy for you.

ive made it 10.5 years so far so I undersrand a few things:)

take care.

craig

You Too

Hang in there also, saw the other posts. You will do it and looking forward to hearing/reading your next good news.

• NewHere
    Easyflip said:

Congrats

on your first NED, I'm sure the first of many. You got this, piece of cake!

Easyflip/Richard

It Is

So far it is a piece of cake, but I do not want to jinx it Laughing

Next trip includes Ox, so I know some things may rear their ugly head.  But figure one is down, 11 to go.  I know it also will build up, but with each session I can make it past without issue, then less with issues.   I am Captain Obvious there for sure :)

• NewHere
    MAliceR said:

Congratulations!

Running As Much As i Can

Well more walking and doing things as much as I can.  Figure while I am in a good groove, working and doing everything else I can, including eating food to keep my weight up and gain a bit, or at least maintain.  Down about 20 pounds since surgery, give or take.

• NewHere

congrats

congrats on the status -

atb

Karin

A Giant Pill Capsule

It is really a clear giant Tylenol Capsule.  I posted a photo in my profile about it in expressions section just now, think it took.  Sort of got inspired for some silly stuff yesterday.  Tongue Out

• NewHere

Wonderful

That is really great news and glad that you are doing well.  Thanks for posting your positive news as it helps the just recently (which you are) diagnosed some good news that they can look forward to as well.  Wishing you continued good health.

Kim

Thank You

With all the wonderful people and help here, if I can add back I want to.

As I mentioned before (not sure if it was in this thread) the fear/anxiety of each step before it happens was worse than the actual.  Not that it is a walk in the park, but the surgery became a memory rather quickly after a couple of days, within two weeks it was like it never happened for the most part and I had other things in the past that I recall discomfort or pain more (by a lot) than the surgery.  Getting used to the port.

One big thing is what I am calling the "shower dance."  Cannot shower after surgery without making sure incisions do not get wet, so bounce around with the handheld.  Then just as that is about to be set, the port goes in, and another round of shower dances.  Then when that is getting close, the chemo into the port and no shower dance at all.  Probably worse for my family and friends than it is for me Laughing  Which reminds me, I need to shower again today, getting them in whenever I can Wink