wrong events....

1234568»

Comments

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    foxhd said:

Thanx

I am feeling better. The votrient is tough on me. But I'll get used to it. Lots of rehab ahead of me. From lifting weights to stretching rubber bands. Sheesh. So many responses to my down turn. So many friends. Thank You all. Boy, do I want to go for a bike ride and get a beer. Our 2 feet of snow that is still left gives me more time to get stronger.

How do you do it? I always found working out mind shatteringly dull. So my rehab mainly consists of taking the dog for a walk. Any hints?

• cancerat46
    cancerat46 Member Posts: 52
    foxhd said:

Thanx

I am feeling better. The votrient is tough on me. But I'll get used to it. Lots of rehab ahead of me. From lifting weights to stretching rubber bands. Sheesh. So many responses to my down turn. So many friends. Thank You all. Boy, do I want to go for a bike ride and get a beer. Our 2 feet of snow that is still left gives me more time to get stronger.

spring is coming

I'm on my back deck today (which is in bloomington in) and it is 61 degrees and sun, sun,sun.  Just gorgeous!!!!  I'm trying to send this weather your way in my thoughts, Fox!  A ride is coming your way very soon, keep gaining your strength and you'll be flying down the highway in no time!  Glad to hear you're doing better!  

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member

How do you do it? I always found working out mind shatteringly dull. So my rehab mainly consists of taking the dog for a walk. Any hints?

Footstomper, I've exercised and weight trained since I was 12. Nothing heavey duty but I stay in shape. I've been running since my mid 20's and I'll be 63 this month. It is like brushing my teeth. Part of my daily routine. At this point, still amazingly weak. Just walking 100' is tough. I'll keep pluging.

• foxhd

spring is coming

I'm on my back deck today (which is in bloomington in) and it is 61 degrees and sun, sun,sun.  Just gorgeous!!!!  I'm trying to send this weather your way in my thoughts, Fox!  A ride is coming your way very soon, keep gaining your strength and you'll be flying down the highway in no time!  Glad to hear you're doing better!  

61?

Go ahead c@46, rub it in. As if I haven't dealt with enuff. You guys out west from here had a much better winter than us.

• foxhd
    Jan4you said:

Fox and JoJo=melt the snow..

Fox and JoJo=melt the snow.. melt the snow.. melt the snow

so you can get out and PLAY..RIDE and have that beer!

Keep those enjoyable memories going as your body will

respond to such joy!!

Thanks for the updates about your struggles Fox!

Appreciate YOU more than you know! Well, NOW

you do know!! LOL

Seems you didn't "leave" us..

Guess there is another plan.. and more living in this life~

Your rehab is your job right now eh? Remember, the CSN

posse continues to surround you offering YOU our strength

and perseverance!

Gentle hugs, Jan

Jan

You are always the sweetest thing. Thank you. FLY.

• foxhd said:

61?

Go ahead c@46, rub it in. As if I haven't dealt with enuff. You guys out west from here had a much better winter than us.

I'm about 60-70 miles south

I'm about 60-70 miles south of Foxhd in New Jersey.  Went hiking with my son today--a cold mid 40's, with a stiff wind.  Trails still covered with a hard pack of ice.  Made it interesting going up and down the hills, but it was good exercise, and good fun with my son.

• foxhd
    Jojo61 said:

Foxy, you rock! Your

Foxy, you rock! Your progression is admirable to say the least! Hoping that snow is melting fast for you. I can actually see some of our pool cover in our back yard! Woo hoo!

Here in Canada, on every Friday the 13th, bike riders get on their bikes and drive to a place called Port Dover. The last one was in February and it was SO cold, there was only one rider who showed up! A lot more showed up this week - a good sign! It is a hoot. I have been before and it was packed with thousands of bikes and bikers. Just seeing all the cool bikes and all different types of people....it is always very entertaining! Keep your eye on the prize, Foxy!

Hugs

Jojo

Jojo

you are getting my blood flowing. If I can get this right arm going, I'll be riding. I would hate to hit the events in my truck. Although, I've done it before.

• foxhd
    foroughsh said:

Fox, often think of you,

Fox, often think of you, really happy to hear good news, sure you'll ride your motorcycle and play a nice music with the guitar, and ofcource beer this summer, you are our fox

Forough

Forough

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll prove you right.

• foxhd
    shaval123 said:

Sorry to hear that.

Glad you are still here. Praying for you.

Sharon

Thak you

Sharon. Yes I am still here and improving.

• Srashedb
    Srashedb Member Posts: 482 Member
    foxhd said:

61?

Winter???

in California, there has been no winter for the second year in a row; we had some rain in December, none in January and only once in February.

temps never dropped below 50; officially we have a drought but I am selfish so I choose not to worry but rather to enjoy.

i think Todd's area was in the 90's over the weekend 

so glad to hear you're slowly returning from the brink, Fox and that you are slowly adjusting to the Votrient 

Sarah

• brea588
    brea588 Member Posts: 240
    foxhd said:

awesome support

How do I thank everyone? I think the correct way will be in regaining my independence. Tomorrows plan is to work on some neuro developemental stability exercises to see if I can get function at my hips and shoulders.

The thing that amazes me is that I remain absolutely exhausted. When I come downstairs in the morning, about 7 am, I can sit in my chair for easily 8 hours without even getting up to use the bathroom. It has to be the votrient. But I will deal with it a bit longer to ensure that the votrient has every chance to do it's job.

My foot drop is of concern. So we had the radiation oncologist take another look at my imaging. He called and wants to see me friday. Shoot. Maybe he just wants a picture together. I'll go with that at least until friday.

If I haven't said it, I want everyone to know that my wife is the most wonderful person in the world. She is attentive to all my needs. Then to top it off, she has been working with the votrient manufacturer. And guess what? I am getting the drug for FREE!!!!! This year will be our 40th anniversary. I owe her big time. Is it all still Karma? I am so lucky.

So I am alive and recovering. Couldn't ask for more. I faced death but held on. I am surprised at how well I'm handling it all. There is much work ahead of me but I'm game.

FLY. Fox loves you.

so glad

So soglad to see you are doing some better.  You have a wonderful wife by your side helping you, and what a support system that is to have.  Have been wondering about you and praying for you.  Will continue to pray everyday for you Fox.  You mean so very much to me and I am sure everyone on this forum.  When you said Is it all still Karma???  No my friend , its Karma and your friends on here praying for you.  I will continue  every day to pray for you.  Im not being disrespectful or trying to force my beliefs upon you, I care much for you.When you was talking about the dim light you seen, wlhen so sick  reminds me of a little song we sing sometime at church  This little light of Mine Im going to let it shine.  Hope you continue to improve.  Love you Sue

• rae_rae
    rae_rae Member Posts: 300 Member
    foxhd said:

Thak you

So glad

Fox, I am SO glad to hear of improvement and your positive attitude. It will be summer soon and you have much to do. Keep pushing along, you have us all cheering you on. I couldn't go up one step without major help when I got out of the hospital last summer. I know the frustration of being so weak and wanting to be back to "normal". One day at a time, my friend! Much love and prayers for your recovery! - Rae

• foxhd
    brea588 said:

so glad

So soglad to see you are doing some better.  You have a wonderful wife by your side helping you, and what a support system that is to have.  Have been wondering about you and praying for you.  Will continue to pray everyday for you Fox.  You mean so very much to me and I am sure everyone on this forum.  When you said Is it all still Karma???  No my friend , its Karma and your friends on here praying for you.  I will continue  every day to pray for you.  Im not being disrespectful or trying to force my beliefs upon you, I care much for you.When you was talking about the dim light you seen, wlhen so sick  reminds me of a little song we sing sometime at church  This little light of Mine Im going to let it shine.  Hope you continue to improve.  Love you Sue

Brea,

Offering prayers is not disrespectful to me. My religion is being good to people. How it is returned is the power behind the force. It is all cumalitive.(sp?). Thank you. You know I pull for you also. Power is in numbers. I'll tell you something about my support team. If not for my wife, family and friends, I would be in a nursing home. Or not here at all. I am beginning to see real improvements in my function. I will not squander the chance I've been given. (or is it my 3rd or 4th chance?) Without everyones support, it would not have been possible on my own.

FLY. Fox.

• butterfly wings
    butterfly wings Member Posts: 28
    foxhd said:

Thak you

hi

HI.  I'm new on the board.

Glad to hear you are kicking some a$$.  Hopefully it won't be long till you go for a long ride and have a real beer while playing some tunes....sounds like a good day out.

• jas1973
    jas1973 Member Posts: 15
    Fox, I have been  following

Fox, I have been  following your posts since I found this board and you truly are an inspiration. You continue to brighten a path for us here with all your words of encouragement.    Glad to know you are improving,  

keeping you in my prayers  

Jas