wrong events....

Comments

• cancerat46
    cancerat46 Member Posts: 52
    foxhd said:

awesome support

How do I thank everyone? I think the correct way will be in regaining my independence. Tomorrows plan is to work on some neuro developemental stability exercises to see if I can get function at my hips and shoulders.

The thing that amazes me is that I remain absolutely exhausted. When I come downstairs in the morning, about 7 am, I can sit in my chair for easily 8 hours without even getting up to use the bathroom. It has to be the votrient. But I will deal with it a bit longer to ensure that the votrient has every chance to do it's job.

My foot drop is of concern. So we had the radiation oncologist take another look at my imaging. He called and wants to see me friday. Shoot. Maybe he just wants a picture together. I'll go with that at least until friday.

If I haven't said it, I want everyone to know that my wife is the most wonderful person in the world. She is attentive to all my needs. Then to top it off, she has been working with the votrient manufacturer. And guess what? I am getting the drug for FREE!!!!! This year will be our 40th anniversary. I owe her big time. Is it all still Karma? I am so lucky.

So I am alive and recovering. Couldn't ask for more. I faced death but held on. I am surprised at how well I'm handling it all. There is much work ahead of me but I'm game.

FLY. Fox loves you.

Good karma abounds

Good people get good karma rebound and you are one of the BEST!  All the best to you and your fighter of a wife as well...40 years is fantastic, congrats!

• foxhd said:

awesome support

How do I thank everyone? I think the correct way will be in regaining my independence. Tomorrows plan is to work on some neuro developemental stability exercises to see if I can get function at my hips and shoulders.

The thing that amazes me is that I remain absolutely exhausted. When I come downstairs in the morning, about 7 am, I can sit in my chair for easily 8 hours without even getting up to use the bathroom. It has to be the votrient. But I will deal with it a bit longer to ensure that the votrient has every chance to do it's job.

My foot drop is of concern. So we had the radiation oncologist take another look at my imaging. He called and wants to see me friday. Shoot. Maybe he just wants a picture together. I'll go with that at least until friday.

If I haven't said it, I want everyone to know that my wife is the most wonderful person in the world. She is attentive to all my needs. Then to top it off, she has been working with the votrient manufacturer. And guess what? I am getting the drug for FREE!!!!! This year will be our 40th anniversary. I owe her big time. Is it all still Karma? I am so lucky.

So I am alive and recovering. Couldn't ask for more. I faced death but held on. I am surprised at how well I'm handling it all. There is much work ahead of me but I'm game.

FLY. Fox loves you.

Fox, you are a lucky man to

Fox, you are a lucky man to have such a devoted and caring wife.  Keep fighting the fight.  Jimmy Valvano said: "Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul. And those three things are going to carry on forever."   Your perseverance is amazing.

• DMike
    DMike Member Posts: 259
    Keep Fighting

Hi Fox,

Think about you often and wish you the best. I still think you are a badass! Motorcycle and bicycle seasons are close, so keep fighting! I am.

David

• danbren2
    danbren2 Member Posts: 311
    DMike said:

Keep Fighting

Hi Fox,

Think about you often and wish you the best. I still think you are a badass! Motorcycle and bicycle seasons are close, so keep fighting! I am.

David

Doubt, NEVER!

Fox,

What a neverending inspiration you are! I feel better just for knowing you!  Sending more strengh, karma, and love your way to help with your recovery! Continue being strong and beating that Cancer back once again!!

Always, prayers for good health!

Brenda

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    danbren2 said:

Doubt, NEVER!

Fox,

What a neverending inspiration you are! I feel better just for knowing you!  Sending more strengh, karma, and love your way to help with your recovery! Continue being strong and beating that Cancer back once again!!

Always, prayers for good health!

Brenda

Thanks Brenda and everyone

Like they say, You can run but you can't hide. The trick to beating cancer is to get old before the cancer finds you. I'm trying to figure out how to do that. I have had a miserable time so far. So weak, no endurance what so ever. It can take me 2 hours to shower and dress. That's with my wifes help. Whether it is the votrient or radiation, my mouth and throat have been raw. Eat they say. Hell, can't even open my mouth. I was feeling so rotten they had me take 4 days off from the votrient.

Then this morning came along. And I feel really good! Throat is 85% better. I need a cane to amb. due to foot drop. So I saw the radiation oncologist on friday. He was disappointed that I didn't see him first. (he did my radiation 2 years ago with awesome results.) He said he can clean up any issues should they develope. He is reviewing all my imaging and we will discuss it later this week.That's great.

Anyway, today is a wonderful day. Amb. better. Able to do some exercise at a low level. But that is so promising. I'm taking 400mg of the votrient and dosage will be adjusted as an ongoing process. I sure hope I can tolerate an effective dose. Then it will be up to me to regain my independence. Hell, I've got motorcycle events to attend. And I want to RIDE!!

So today is 4 years since my diagnosis and nephectomy. Give or take a few days. And 3 years beyond my expiration date. Overall not bad. I have much faith in my caregivers and more in myself. If I can ride my bike this year, then I would put $ on having made a comeback  from being the sickest member here with a future ahead of me. I really have a tough time thinking about these last 6 weeks. I can't do much with my dominant right arm. Disapoints me that I can't play my guitars yet. But I am certain to regain enough to play agin, and soon.

So, is life good or what? I'm gonna miss a beer now and then, so if anyone knows of a good near beer, let me know. I'm getting thirsty.

FLY.

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    foxhd said:

Like they say, You can run but you can't hide. The trick to beating cancer is to get old before the cancer finds you. I'm trying to figure out how to do that. I have had a miserable time so far. So weak, no endurance what so ever. It can take me 2 hours to shower and dress. That's with my wifes help. Whether it is the votrient or radiation, my mouth and throat have been raw. Eat they say. Hell, can't even open my mouth. I was feeling so rotten they had me take 4 days off from the votrient.

Then this morning came along. And I feel really good! Throat is 85% better. I need a cane to amb. due to foot drop. So I saw the radiation oncologist on friday. He was disappointed that I didn't see him first. (he did my radiation 2 years ago with awesome results.) He said he can clean up any issues should they develope. He is reviewing all my imaging and we will discuss it later this week.That's great.

Anyway, today is a wonderful day. Amb. better. Able to do some exercise at a low level. But that is so promising. I'm taking 400mg of the votrient and dosage will be adjusted as an ongoing process. I sure hope I can tolerate an effective dose. Then it will be up to me to regain my independence. Hell, I've got motorcycle events to attend. And I want to RIDE!!

So today is 4 years since my diagnosis and nephectomy. Give or take a few days. And 3 years beyond my expiration date. Overall not bad. I have much faith in my caregivers and more in myself. If I can ride my bike this year, then I would put $ on having made a comeback  from being the sickest member here with a future ahead of me. I really have a tough time thinking about these last 6 weeks. I can't do much with my dominant right arm. Disapoints me that I can't play my guitars yet. But I am certain to regain enough to play agin, and soon.

So, is life good or what? I'm gonna miss a beer now and then, so if anyone knows of a good near beer, let me know. I'm getting thirsty.

FLY.

Awesome news!!! Fox, you WILL

Awesome news!!! Fox, you WILL ride a bike, you WILL play guitar again!

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    Allochka said:

Awesome news!!! Fox, you WILL

Awesome news!!! Fox, you WILL ride a bike, you WILL play guitar again!

So glad things are better

So glad things are better today and they will be from here on. I agree with Allochka; you will do all of those things.

• Ree_Maryland
    Ree_Maryland Member Posts: 161 Member
    foxhd said:

FLY.

near hear

If you like Bush my hubby drinks Bush NA . he seems to like it  , hope all goes well , take care ,

• nsb748
    nsb748 Member Posts: 89

near hear

If you like Bush my hubby drinks Bush NA . he seems to like it  , hope all goes well , take care ,

There is a "fancier" near

There is a "fancier" near beer called Buckler I think.  Supposedly it tastes more like a craft beer

I've never been a fan of near beer though.  I drink alcohol to get a buzz.  If I want something that tastes good I drink Diet Mountain Dew aka the nectar of the gods

• firedude21
    firedude21 Member Posts: 52
    foxhd said:

FLY.

You will ride again

Fox -

I'm so sorry to hear about all that you're going through. You would think that enough is enough. It does seem that maybe things are starting to look better for you. I sure hope so.  I appreciate the support that you gave me when I first joined this forum. You helped me to get through many a tough day. I really believe that with your wife by your side you will get through this chapter in your life. It won't be easy but you will get through it. And yes, you will ride again. 

keep the faith -

firedude21

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member

You will ride again

Fox -

I'm so sorry to hear about all that you're going through. You would think that enough is enough. It does seem that maybe things are starting to look better for you. I sure hope so.  I appreciate the support that you gave me when I first joined this forum. You helped me to get through many a tough day. I really believe that with your wife by your side you will get through this chapter in your life. It won't be easy but you will get through it. And yes, you will ride again. 

keep the faith -

firedude21

Hey Foxy,
    So happy to hear

Hey Foxy,

So happy to hear from you. And look how far you have come already...you will be strumming the guitar and riding your bike in no time!

You rock!

Hugs

Jojo

• dhs1963
    dhs1963 Member Posts: 513
    foxhd said:

FLY.

Fox, I can't help you with near beer....

Fox, I can not help you with a near beer, as that is like drinking decaf....what is the point?

But remember, there is a time when you have to say F*** IT!  and have a beer.  Ask your oncologist....I am not saying that is today....I had a friend who (at 35) had bile duct cancer with mets to the liver.  His Oncologist said be nice to the liver.  But, he gave him permission to have a glass of wine on an occaision....

• marosa
    marosa Member Posts: 334 Member
    dhs1963 said:

Fox, I can't help you with near beer....

Fox, I can not help you with a near beer, as that is like drinking decaf....what is the point?

But remember, there is a time when you have to say F*** IT!  and have a beer.  Ask your oncologist....I am not saying that is today....I had a friend who (at 35) had bile duct cancer with mets to the liver.  His Oncologist said be nice to the liver.  But, he gave him permission to have a glass of wine on an occaision....

Too amazing for words!

FOX you are "too amazing for words" and English is not even my 2nd language!  YOU ROCK!!!!!!Cool

• foxhd
    marosa said:

Too amazing for words!

FOX you are "too amazing for words" and English is not even my 2nd language!  YOU ROCK!!!!!!Cool

Rock?

Reminds me of my las couple brain scans. People ask or suggest hat they didn't find anything in my head. But I tell them they found rocks, and the second scan was to find out what kind of rocks they are!

For now I'll stay away from the beer as I need to avoid new problems. But part of what drives me is attending my summer biker parties. Enuff said.

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    foxhd said:

Rock?

Reminds me of my las couple brain scans. People ask or suggest hat they didn't find anything in my head. But I tell them they found rocks, and the second scan was to find out what kind of rocks they are!

For now I'll stay away from the beer as I need to avoid new problems. But part of what drives me is attending my summer biker parties. Enuff said.

Fox, often think of you,

Fox, often think of you, really happy to hear good news, sure you'll ride your motorcycle and play a nice music with the guitar, and ofcource beer this summer, you are our fox

Forough

• shaval123
    shaval123 Member Posts: 9
    Sorry to hear that.

Glad you are still here. Praying for you.

Sharon

• foxhd
    shaval123 said:

Sorry to hear that.

Glad you are still here. Praying for you.

Sharon

Thanx

I am feeling better. The votrient is tough on me. But I'll get used to it. Lots of rehab ahead of me. From lifting weights to stretching rubber bands. Sheesh. So many responses to my down turn. So many friends. Thank You all. Boy, do I want to go for a bike ride and get a beer. Our 2 feet of snow that is still left gives me more time to get stronger.

• shamrocklady
    shamrocklady Member Posts: 20
    foxhd said:

Thanx

I am feeling better. The votrient is tough on me. But I'll get used to it. Lots of rehab ahead of me. From lifting weights to stretching rubber bands. Sheesh. So many responses to my down turn. So many friends. Thank You all. Boy, do I want to go for a bike ride and get a beer. Our 2 feet of snow that is still left gives me more time to get stronger.

So relieved

I am relieved to hear you are feeling better now! It's been over a year since I joined this forum. When I was scared and new here, you were one of the first few to help alleviate my anxiety. Hoping that snow melts soon!

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member

So relieved

I am relieved to hear you are feeling better now! It's been over a year since I joined this forum. When I was scared and new here, you were one of the first few to help alleviate my anxiety. Hoping that snow melts soon!

Foxy, you rock! Your

Foxy, you rock! Your progression is admirable to say the least! Hoping that snow is melting fast for you. I can actually see some of our pool cover in our back yard! Woo hoo!

Here in Canada, on every Friday the 13th, bike riders get on their bikes and drive to a place called Port Dover. The last one was in February and it was SO cold, there was only one rider who showed up! A lot more showed up this week - a good sign! It is a hoot. I have been before and it was packed with thousands of bikes and bikers. Just seeing all the cool bikes and all different types of people....it is always very entertaining! Keep your eye on the prize, Foxy!

Hugs

Jojo

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    Jojo61 said:

Foxy, you rock! Your

Foxy, you rock! Your progression is admirable to say the least! Hoping that snow is melting fast for you. I can actually see some of our pool cover in our back yard! Woo hoo!

Here in Canada, on every Friday the 13th, bike riders get on their bikes and drive to a place called Port Dover. The last one was in February and it was SO cold, there was only one rider who showed up! A lot more showed up this week - a good sign! It is a hoot. I have been before and it was packed with thousands of bikes and bikers. Just seeing all the cool bikes and all different types of people....it is always very entertaining! Keep your eye on the prize, Foxy!

Hugs

Jojo

Fox and JoJo=melt the snow..

Fox and JoJo=melt the snow.. melt the snow.. melt the snow

so you can get out and PLAY..RIDE and have that beer!

Keep those enjoyable memories going as your body will

respond to such joy!!

Thanks for the updates about your struggles Fox!

Appreciate YOU more than you know! Well, NOW

you do know!! LOL

Seems you didn't "leave" us..

Guess there is another plan.. and more living in this life~

Your rehab is your job right now eh? Remember, the CSN

posse continues to surround you offering YOU our strength

and perseverance!

Gentle hugs, Jan