Fainting when coughing after PCNSL

Sten
Sten Member Posts: 162 Member

Hi,

I have had PCNSL (primary central nervous system lymphoma) and am now NED (no evidence of disease, "cured").

I have bad and long colds with severe coughing and fainting tendences. Sometimes when I cough I actually do faint and fall. So far, I have been sitting on my bed when fainting, so the fall has not been so big, causing only some bruises and a headache. I hesitate to drive a car beacause of the fainting risk. I think that maybe this fainting is caused by the PCNSL? 

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Sten

Comments

• Mary N.
    Mary N. Member Posts: 100
    fainting when coughing.

Sten i haven't had that experience but really think I would encourage you to check with your doc.  I am also in NED but think that things that react that way should be checked out.  Hope it is nothing serious but it seems to be impacting your life.  Hugs

• Sten
    Mary N. said:

fainting when coughing.

Sten i haven't had that experience but really think I would encourage you to check with your doc.  I am also in NED but think that things that react that way should be checked out.  Hope it is nothing serious but it seems to be impacting your life.  Hugs

Have been examined in hospital - no relapse

Hi Mary,

I am now at home after 24 hours in hospital with a lot of examinations, including computer tomography. My head is luckily still all clean from tumours. My fainting is probably caused by heavy coughing. Perhaps my previous disease PCNSL has made me more prone to fainting. Now, the virus and bacteria in my nose will be analysed, in order to possibly cure my cough. I have had colds more or less since the end of November, badly so since six weeks. Two years of Temodar have apparently affected my immune system, but that will become better now without Temodar.

Sten

• Mary N.
    Sten said:

Have been examined in hospital - no relapse

Hi Mary,

I am now at home after 24 hours in hospital with a lot of examinations, including computer tomography. My head is luckily still all clean from tumours. My fainting is probably caused by heavy coughing. Perhaps my previous disease PCNSL has made me more prone to fainting. Now, the virus and bacteria in my nose will be analysed, in order to possibly cure my cough. I have had colds more or less since the end of November, badly so since six weeks. Two years of Temodar have apparently affected my immune system, but that will become better now without Temodar.

Sten

fainting when coughing.

2015-03-08Sten so glad you were completly checked out.  Also it is wonderful that you head is completely clean.  I just had a MRI Thursday and am awaiting the results but feel they will be fine - we are so cautious! I hope those dumb colds have found their match and you can soon go back to walking and travelling and not worrying!

• Sten
    Mary N. said:

fainting when coughing.

2015-03-08Sten so glad you were completly checked out.  Also it is wonderful that you head is completely clean.  I just had a MRI Thursday and am awaiting the results but feel they will be fine - we are so cautious! I hope those dumb colds have found their match and you can soon go back to walking and travelling and not worrying!

Hi Mary

Hi Mary,

I am sure that your MRI will be fine, too.

My cold seems to get better now, at long last.

My wife and I have planned a journey to Japan soon, and hopefully we can do that according to plan.

Sten

• Mary N.
    Sten said:

Hi Mary

Hi Mary,

I am sure that your MRI will be fine, too.

My cold seems to get better now, at long last.

My wife and I have planned a journey to Japan soon, and hopefully we can do that according to plan.

Sten

My news was good.  Nohing was

My news was good.  Nohing was different than expected.  So glad to hear that you may be going to Japan.  Have a great time.  Glad the colds are on the way out.   It is wonderful that we are both here and doing well!!