wrong events....

Comments

• foxhd said:

I did

get through Il-2. It took months. Glad it is not summer time. Nothing but snow and wind. Winter in New England. Sarah, you are helping. Thanks.

Shout out to ya Fox! Some

Shout out to ya Fox! Some weather we are having.  We got 6-8 inches of fresh snow in NJ today.  But that is nothing in comparison to Boston, who seems to be buried.  Hope you are feeling well and getting lots of rest.  Let us know how you are doing. 

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    Fox, you are a VIP in our

Fox, you are a VIP in our board, and also very respected, I love your opinion and try to learn, believe me it's difficult but I'm doing my best to remain positive and enjoy every moment. Wishing you health and happiness

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    foxhd said:

Will try

Jan. Thanks. i'll have to dig deep.

Thinking of you

Hope things are working out for you. You are missed on this board. You inspire hope and strength, so here's some karma straight back at ya!

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    foroughsh said:

Fox, you are a VIP in our

Fox, you are a VIP in our board, and also very respected, I love your opinion and try to learn, believe me it's difficult but I'm doing my best to remain positive and enjoy every moment. Wishing you health and happiness

story to tell

I'm gonna need a lot of time. But boy, have I got a story to tell. Be patient. FLY.

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    foxhd said:

story to tell

I'm gonna need a lot of time. But boy, have I got a story to tell. Be patient. FLY.

Silver Fox

We patiently await for your story. I am sure it will be a good one! Stay strong, Foxy!

Hugs

Jojo

• Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945 Member
    foxhd said:

story to tell

Story to Tell!

You may have lost your muscle tone, feel exhausted and turned silver haired, but you will never lose that indomitable strength of character.

You are the embodiment of self discipline, extraordinary willpower and have an inner strength second to none, leaving no room for defeatism. You have all my admiration, prayers and karmic influence. We have every confidence you will heal well, and be back telling us all about it in no time. After all you are the Quintessential Phoenix. 

Take care love you Foxie:)

Djinnie x

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    Djinnie said:

Story to Tell!

You may have lost your muscle tone, feel exhausted and turned silver haired, but you will never lose that indomitable strength of character.

You are the embodiment of self discipline, extraordinary willpower and have an inner strength second to none, leaving no room for defeatism. You have all my admiration, prayers and karmic influence. We have every confidence you will heal well, and be back telling us all about it in no time. After all you are the Quintessential Phoenix. 

Take care love you Foxie:)

Djinnie x

There is just no way to say

There is just no way to say it better than Djinnie did. Agree with every word.

• Footstomper
    foxhd said:

story to tell

I wanna hear that story

Until then I'm just glad to hear from you.

• cancerat46
    cancerat46 Member Posts: 52
    foxhd said:

story to tell

On the edge of my seat!
    I have no doubt your story will be a doozy!! I hope you're doing well and still feeling ornery....especially when it comes to cancer.
  • todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    Thinking of you

You're on my mind Fox. Hope your recovery is moving in a good direction and this finds you well.

Peace,

Todd

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    todd121 said:

Thinking of you

You're on my mind Fox. Hope your recovery is moving in a good direction and this finds you well.

Peace,

Todd

Hey there Silver Fox! Just

Hey there Silver Fox! Just wanted you to know I am on your side and wil never stop braggin on you!! To me, YOU represent the best CSN has to offer!! You are our leader~!!!!

Rest up, conserve and protect your most precious cargo=YOU!!!

Sending you love and super, duper energy when yours is dragging!!

Warm, yummy hugs, Jan

• Darron
    Darron Member Posts: 310 Member
    foxhd said:

story to tell

Waiting

I'll be in the edge of my seat waiting. I agree with you 100% that your immune system is primed with Nivo and IL-2. Believe. Tell the story when you get your strength back.

thoyghts and prayers are with you!

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Jan4you said:

Hey there Silver Fox! Just

Hey there Silver Fox! Just wanted you to know I am on your side and wil never stop braggin on you!! To me, YOU represent the best CSN has to offer!! You are our leader~!!!!

Rest up, conserve and protect your most precious cargo=YOU!!!

Sending you love and super, duper energy when yours is dragging!!

Warm, yummy hugs, Jan

Good morning everyone!

Well here I am going into 4 weeks since my incredible "brush" with the "other " side. I'm still pretty fragile and weak. I need to be careful as I've had several falls. I have a right foot drop and need to pay attention. My left arm is doing pretty well. For that I am so thankful. Right arm will be an issue but it is a little better also. The best news is that I have been in NO pain!!! Between the steroids and radiation the result is awesome. I'm so lucky.

So,..after months of complaints of pain it had all come to a head. Unfortunatly, a tumor growing down inside my spinal canal is not an easy thing to eliminate. So now we keep our fingers crossed. They did a good job with radiation. I will do well with the votrient. If there is a chance that it will shrink whats left, I will take it. Toss in my response to my immunological treatments, and who knows? ..2009 Harley Streetglide will be off the market for a while.

The thing that I want to talk about is how close I came to passing. My neuro exams were inconsistant. My vitals were stable. My chemistries were all over the map. I was experiencing a state of loss of homeostasis. Much like I had when the Il-2 decimated me. In the couple few weeks I went from maybe 190 pounds to under 145ish. The sense of dieing from the flu type way I felt, was overpowering. The weakness and fatigue forced me to lie down flat on my back. I often would lie dead still. No lights, no sound, and void of external stimulation. I was unable to afford ANY energy to use for sensory input. I often needed more than 12 hours of no motion just to catch my breath. If all that it required was a blink of my eye to start the cyanide drip to end it all, I could not have done it. Just think about that a moment. When I felt the overpowering force taking all my life energy away, I was unable to mount any resistence. All I could do was to try and conserve what may have been left in me.

Essentially I would be feeling like I was flat lining. Everything remained dark. The only focus I could make was on a weak, dim, pilot light. Off in the distance. It was very small. Constantly flickering. It''s fuel source was gone but as small as it shrunk, it did not extinguish. With time I was able to be part of the flame and I held it in my heart. All my effort and concentration was on keeping it lit. And believe me when I tell you, I lost sight of it many times. Also much like my Il-2 experience, there was no sleep. Just every slow tic of the clock. Day in, day out. I am thrilled to say that I just slept 2 nights in a row and what a treat. Now I can make some progress.

So when people talk of near death experiences or crossing over, it is usually about after their passing. I never got that far. But I spent many, many hours not crossing the line. It was there. It was weak. The plan was in place. But somehow I held on. I had the support, Karma and love from you guys disrupting the outcome. For that I love you guys. A debt I cannot repay. So now I must prove myself worthy and recover beyond reasonable expectations. (actually, that should be relatively easy compared to what I went through.)

Now, I am dealing with esophogheal burning from radiation, lung congestion, weakness, falls, and nothing has taste. I'll bet it will all be a memory in a few months. Any doubters?

Thanks again to all of you. And many of you are very special to me. We do better together than by ourselves. Thank You Fox.

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    foxhd said:

Good morning everyone!

Well here I am going into 4 weeks since my incredible "brush" with the "other " side. I'm still pretty fragile and weak. I need to be careful as I've had several falls. I have a right foot drop and need to pay attention. My left arm is doing pretty well. For that I am so thankful. Right arm will be an issue but it is a little better also. The best news is that I have been in NO pain!!! Between the steroids and radiation the result is awesome. I'm so lucky.

So,..after months of complaints of pain it had all come to a head. Unfortunatly, a tumor growing down inside my spinal canal is not an easy thing to eliminate. So now we keep our fingers crossed. They did a good job with radiation. I will do well with the votrient. If there is a chance that it will shrink whats left, I will take it. Toss in my response to my immunological treatments, and who knows? ..2009 Harley Streetglide will be off the market for a while.

The thing that I want to talk about is how close I came to passing. My neuro exams were inconsistant. My vitals were stable. My chemistries were all over the map. I was experiencing a state of loss of homeostasis. Much like I had when the Il-2 decimated me. In the couple few weeks I went from maybe 190 pounds to under 145ish. The sense of dieing from the flu type way I felt, was overpowering. The weakness and fatigue forced me to lie down flat on my back. I often would lie dead still. No lights, no sound, and void of external stimulation. I was unable to afford ANY energy to use for sensory input. I often needed more than 12 hours of no motion just to catch my breath. If all that it required was a blink of my eye to start the cyanide drip to end it all, I could not have done it. Just think about that a moment. When I felt the overpowering force taking all my life energy away, I was unable to mount any resistence. All I could do was to try and conserve what may have been left in me.

Essentially I would be feeling like I was flat lining. Everything remained dark. The only focus I could make was on a weak, dim, pilot light. Off in the distance. It was very small. Constantly flickering. It''s fuel source was gone but as small as it shrunk, it did not extinguish. With time I was able to be part of the flame and I held it in my heart. All my effort and concentration was on keeping it lit. And believe me when I tell you, I lost sight of it many times. Also much like my Il-2 experience, there was no sleep. Just every slow tic of the clock. Day in, day out. I am thrilled to say that I just slept 2 nights in a row and what a treat. Now I can make some progress.

So when people talk of near death experiences or crossing over, it is usually about after their passing. I never got that far. But I spent many, many hours not crossing the line. It was there. It was weak. The plan was in place. But somehow I held on. I had the support, Karma and love from you guys disrupting the outcome. For that I love you guys. A debt I cannot repay. So now I must prove myself worthy and recover beyond reasonable expectations. (actually, that should be relatively easy compared to what I went through.)

Now, I am dealing with esophogheal burning from radiation, lung congestion, weakness, falls, and nothing has taste. I'll bet it will all be a memory in a few months. Any doubters?

Thanks again to all of you. And many of you are very special to me. We do better together than by ourselves. Thank You Fox.

Foxy, we are all so grateful

Foxy, we are all so grateful to have you tell this story. I am so happy you were able to focus on the light, and then hold the light in your heart. As you drew strength from that light, we draw strength from your spirit, from your fight. We often talk about how we are family, here in this little Kidney Cancer world. Knowing that you felt our love and prayers and karma for you, is not only proof of our connection, but proof of how much we love our Foxy.

Take care of yourself, gain your strength, dear friend.

Big hugs and lots of love,

Jojo

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    Jojo61 said:

Foxy, we are all so grateful

Foxy, we are all so grateful to have you tell this story. I am so happy you were able to focus on the light, and then hold the light in your heart. As you drew strength from that light, we draw strength from your spirit, from your fight. We often talk about how we are family, here in this little Kidney Cancer world. Knowing that you felt our love and prayers and karma for you, is not only proof of our connection, but proof of how much we love our Foxy.

Take care of yourself, gain your strength, dear friend.

Big hugs and lots of love,

Jojo

"Any doubters?" None

"Any doubters?" None whatsoever. I am so happy you're over the worst and strong enough to be able to tell us about it. Never let go of that light! We need you. You're our inspiration and strength. xo

• Dave418
    Dave418 Member Posts: 95 Member
    A Fighter, that's what you

A Fighter, that's what you are!! I really doubt anyone but you could survive that much and still be writing on this page. You are teaching me a lesson right now, something we hear a lot...Never give up!!!! From now on, every time i'll hear that phrase, i'll think of you. You are the incarnation of never, ever,  giving up. 

Merci

Dave

• Footstomper
    foxhd said:

Good morning everyone!

Chthonic

I remember that so well from the IL2. A near darkness that seemed all pervasive. I confess to a degree in Ancient History and all I could think was "this is really chthonic" which means something like the light (or darkness) of the soil. I think odysseus talks about it when visiting Achilles in the underworld. I wasnt scared, I was fascinated and immovable. I cant describe it without metaphors, it was just bloody Chthonic.

Welcome back from your odyssey Fox.

• Srashedb
    Srashedb Member Posts: 482 Member
    foxhd said:

Good morning everyone!

Trigger?

Fox:

what an experience! Oh, just a thin line between life and death and you described it with such precision.

i don't understand what triggered all of this since the spinal mets and arm issues must have been there for some time.

what brought you to the hospital? 

So glad that you are with us. Please rest, rest and rest

Sarah

• Bellweather
    Bellweather Member Posts: 102
    keep the candle burning my brother

Fox, your account of keeping the flame burning hjt close to home for me.  While I have not personally experienced this, even near kidney failure during Hdil2, it is similar for me to an unrelated incident.  In 1969 I was 6 years old and the youngest of 9 stuck upstairs in our house on the MS Gulf Coast with 7 feet of water downstairs and 200mph+ winds outside.  The house miraculously stood and we all lived.  Many years later I asked my mother what the meaning of the  poorly painted picture of a candle outside of her bedroom door was and what significance it had.  She explained that during Hurricane Camille there was one small candle, amongst many that went out,  that would flicker, almost to the point of going out, but never did.  She said that she was certain thatIif it were to go out, we all would perish.   

Keep the candle burning my brother, you are the guiding light for so many and give us all hope, we love you my man!

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    I am still waiting for the

I am still waiting for the story, everything you posted here was a piece of cake for you after all you have been through! But, seriously though, how did it come to that point? Was it the fast growing tumor on the back on spine? So glad the radiation is taking care of it.  Now your arms will recover also. All in good time! You are a hero, a great encouragement to us all!  Keep on keeping on, doing what you do best!  You are like a cat with nine lives, but each year you add another life! That is the way to do it!  ELF!  Big hugs and love and such!