wrong events....

Comments

• BellaBinksMom
    BellaBinksMom Member Posts: 78
    So sorry

Fox, I am so sorry to read this.  You, as others have stated, were one of the first to post when I joined.  I am sending up prayers for you and hoping you can continue to fight the good fight for a while longer. 

Debbie

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    Fox.. I knew something wasn't

Fox.. I knew something wasn't right because I didn't see you on here much.  I am so sorry to hear all of this happening. What are they doing for the brain stem met, besides radiation?  I know you are tough and I know you will come through this too!  Praying for you and for your strength and recovery.  Any idea why they have you on blood thinners and you still have clots?  I hate this darn disease. I find it so unreal that with all the research and technology, they still don't have a cure.  I can't grasp that!  In any case, i am constantly thinking of you!  I hope you do well with the Votrient, keep an eye on the blood pressure.  What level did they start you at? I would suggest the lower the dose the better.  Maybe 400 mgs, but i know they always start and the top and taper you down.

Now, this thing about Bruce Jenner.. are you staying away because he seems to be a bad driver, or is it because he wears pink lipstick?  I applaud you for deciding on that route! Feel better! Hugs and love!  XXOO

Angela

• DMike
    DMike Member Posts: 259
    Thinking of you

Fox,

You and I started on here about the same time, late 2011. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting.

David

• a_oaklee
    a_oaklee Member Posts: 566 Member
    I read your post Fox on the

I read your post Fox on the 7th, and have had you on my mind ever since.  I was completely surprised and at a loss for words.  I think if anyone can beat this thing, it is you.  You and your wife will be in my thoughts and prayers.   I was thinking that you are blessed in that you have always had great confidence and faith in the folks that are currently treating you.  it's a good place to be mentally and physically, to have that kind of faith in your team.  Thankyou for writing to all of us at csn.  You are definetly well loved and respected.  Good luck with your treatment.     annie

• FLOSSER
    FLOSSER Member Posts: 17
    Always checking on you

Hi Fox,

I am always checking in on everyone on the CSN . I know you are in a real fight right now but this is not the first time you've beaten the odds. Please know we are all praying for you and give it all you've got in this fight. You were such an inspiration to my Matt. It's hard to fathom he has been gone 17 months now.  I 'm  Keeping you at the top of my prayer list.  SUZ 

• danbren2
    danbren2 Member Posts: 311
    PRAYERS FOR YOUR GOOD HEALTH!

THANK YOU FOX for helping me through the roughest part of my life!

Be strong, Love you,

Brenda

• Darron
    Darron Member Posts: 310 Member
    Thank you Fox

You are in my prayers. I MUST say thank you for all the peace you have brought to me. You may not have always been speaking to me, but more often than not, it felt like you were. You have a special way of reaching out and making me feel like I can also fight a little harder or dig a little deeper.

I will always be greatful for the wisdom you have shared. To this day, I use your "we could all get hit by a bus tomorrow" story.

Be well my friend!

• brea588
    brea588 Member Posts: 240
    dang it!!

So sorry you going through all this .  It just needs to stop!  YOu have been an inspiration to me from the first time I came on this forum, and I hope it continues for a long time yet.  I am praying for you, yes I know you do Karma, but Im going to earnestly pray to my Savior to help you.  No disrespect to you whatsoever.   I love you and continue to fight fight fight this horrible disease.   THinking of you.  

• todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    Not what I wanted to hear or expected

I love you Fox. Sending prayers of healing, and of peace, and good thoughts to you out to the Universe.

Will be thinking of you.

Todd

• cran1
    cran1 Member Posts: 139
    The Rancourt family loves

The Rancourt family loves Fox...Hang in there.

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    cran1 said:

The Rancourt family loves

The Rancourt family loves Fox...Hang in there.

Help my plan please.

You guys are great. It is amazing how well I've been these last 4 years. Hurray! It has been outstanding!  Here is how I will get the most out of this. I have a plan. And you guys can help. Group force. Brute force. Big enemy and there is no coming through without some damage.

I've had good partial responses from the nivolumab and the Il-2. Together I believe they are going to reactivate. This is important. Immunnology is still key. The radiation is no brainer.  Surgery is out of the question. Easy decision. With the assisst of the votrient, I'll stabilize. My right arm is going to have limits. I am  turning left handed out of necessity. But I am aware I am using the key board pretty good right now. So this is very encouraging. I guess I'll also get used to being one of those skinny weak looking kids you used to see around. You know, teenage hood, 50's style white t shirt under black leather motorcycle jacket. Maybe aviation glasses.  But to the likes of modern medicine, Medicare is going to help pay for it..(.Wow! Just had a scarey Bruce Jenner pyscho mind meld again.) I think the white hair will be a hoot and not a bad look. So that is ok. After stabilization, I get back in line and should have plenty of time and choices. There is alot coming down the pike you as know.

So now no one needs to worry. We move forward. Help push my immune system into overdrive. Nerve regeneration takes time. I'll get the most available. I'll be able to come back and fight another day.

I am going to need much down time for a while. I'm expecting 4-6 weeks fatigue and malaise. But I'm awake at 3:am and I am feeling pretty good right now. I'l get a couple hours sleep, radiation, and oncologists visit.

Love you guys, Fox.

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    foxhd said:

Help my plan please.

You guys are great. It is amazing how well I've been these last 4 years. Hurray! It has been outstanding!  Here is how I will get the most out of this. I have a plan. And you guys can help. Group force. Brute force. Big enemy and there is no coming through without some damage.

I've had good partial responses from the nivolumab and the Il-2. Together I believe they are going to reactivate. This is important. Immunnology is still key. The radiation is no brainer.  Surgery is out of the question. Easy decision. With the assisst of the votrient, I'll stabilize. My right arm is going to have limits. I am  turning left handed out of necessity. But I am aware I am using the key board pretty good right now. So this is very encouraging. I guess I'll also get used to being one of those skinny weak looking kids you used to see around. You know, teenage hood, 50's style white t shirt under black leather motorcycle jacket. Maybe aviation glasses.  But to the likes of modern medicine, Medicare is going to help pay for it..(.Wow! Just had a scarey Bruce Jenner pyscho mind meld again.) I think the white hair will be a hoot and not a bad look. So that is ok. After stabilization, I get back in line and should have plenty of time and choices. There is alot coming down the pike you as know.

So now no one needs to worry. We move forward. Help push my immune system into overdrive. Nerve regeneration takes time. I'll get the most available. I'll be able to come back and fight another day.

I am going to need much down time for a while. I'm expecting 4-6 weeks fatigue and malaise. But I'm awake at 3:am and I am feeling pretty good right now. I'l get a couple hours sleep, radiation, and oncologists visit.

Love you guys, Fox.

This is a great attitude, and

This is a great attitude, and it is clear you are going to achieve everything you've planned. You'll do it!

I'm not a religious person, not a believer at all. But I do believe in human spirit and strength of will. You have it, you will win !!!

Thank you for showing us all a great example!

• angelsnls
    angelsnls Member Posts: 67
    foxhd said:

Help my plan please.

Love you guys, Fox.

you are amazing fox

You are an amazing inspiration to me and my family fox, you will get through this, sending you all our prayers and love, 

Angela x

• DogRescuer
    DogRescuer Member Posts: 52 Member
    Your Retro 'Makeover'

To complete your look don't forget to roll a pack of cigarettes in the sleeve of your white t-shirt.  (But don't you dare smoke 'em!)

If you'd like to get some mail during your recuperation, please PM me so I can submit your name to ChemoAngels.net

In fact if any of you know someone (or yourself!) going through chemo and needs a bit of cheer, contact the above website.  I volunteer with them and send cards to chemo patients.  I make my cards with photos of rescue puppies I've fostered and put positive, but funny sayings inside.  (Now isn't that better than getting a card with a painted rainbow and mushy saying in it??)

Linda

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member

Your Retro 'Makeover'

To complete your look don't forget to roll a pack of cigarettes in the sleeve of your white t-shirt.  (But don't you dare smoke 'em!)

If you'd like to get some mail during your recuperation, please PM me so I can submit your name to ChemoAngels.net

In fact if any of you know someone (or yourself!) going through chemo and needs a bit of cheer, contact the above website.  I volunteer with them and send cards to chemo patients.  I make my cards with photos of rescue puppies I've fostered and put positive, but funny sayings inside.  (Now isn't that better than getting a card with a painted rainbow and mushy saying in it??)

Linda

Loved the imagery of the 50s

Loved the imagery of the 50s hood and I think you're going to totally rock the white hair. All the best to you, Fox!

• sblairc
    sblairc Member Posts: 585 Member
    High dose radiation stimulating the immune response

For what it's worth, I learned this weekend that radiation has been known to stimulate the immune system to fight cancer. I am praying this will be something that works for you since you did have Il2 and Nivo already. i went to a conference at Cedars Sinai and this was reported on. Keep kicking it to the curb, Fox!

• foxhd said:

Help my plan please.

Love you guys, Fox.

Fox, your show of strength

Fox, your show of strength and humor is amazing and inspirational.  Laughter is the best medicine, and I tell my kids that they need to learn to laugh at themselves and maintain a sense of humor.  The negative energy of not having a sense of humor is a waste of energy.  Keep chopping (a saying from my alma matter-Rutgers). 

• Skagway Jack
    Skagway Jack Member Posts: 224 Member
    Staggered

I was staggered to read this news Fox!  You truely are the essence of this Forum and you have set the standard for all of us to aspire to.  I have been absent with little time availble to read or post lately so I was late to this news.  Glad you have come up with a plan of attack.    The best defense is a good offense.  Hang in there from half a world a way I will be keeping you in mind with prayers and positive thoughts.

Skagway

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    foxhd said:

Help my plan please.

Love you guys, Fox.

Wow, Fox, as you can see the

Wow, Fox, as you can see the CSN posse has rallied all around you to kick butt! Yup.

And, love that "bad boy" image, white hair in the wind.. leather..kind of thing!

You're too funny!

But, if this is keeping you up at 3AM, I wonder if there isn't a newborn nearby you could sing to.. and give their parents a rest?? Just sayin..

Take our love with you to all appointments, treatments and such!

Luv you big guy!

Gentle hug, Jan

• NewDay
    NewDay Member Posts: 272

Staggered

I was staggered to read this news Fox!  You truely are the essence of this Forum and you have set the standard for all of us to aspire to.  I have been absent with little time availble to read or post lately so I was late to this news.  Glad you have come up with a plan of attack.    The best defense is a good offense.  Hang in there from half a world a way I will be keeping you in mind with prayers and positive thoughts.

Skagway

Hi Fox,
    It was so hard to

Hi Fox,

It was so hard to read that things are going so badly for you lately.  I just know you can turn things around.  Votrient worked well for me.  I only had to come off of it because of liver toxicity.  Continue to fight but remember to rest.

I'll be praying for you and sending all the good karma I can.

Kathy